Msh Viewer Asset list Generator (1.1)

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Msh Viewer Asset list Generator (1.1)

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

After i have a lot of custom assets (most downloaded here from GT :D), i wanted an easy access to all these msh files. I don't have the BF1 modtool, so i decided to make a new bf1 list file and add all custom assets to it.
But after a while my custom assets lib become bigger and bigger and i need to clean my folder structure a bit. So i don't wanted to write all the things in the bf1 file again.

And here comes my MshViewer Assetlist Generator.

It browse all subfolders from the execute directory and searchs for msh files. It generates a new file that list all msh files with directory in the way that the mshviewer can read it. All msh files found in a subfolder from the execute folder are listed in a folder with the same name in the mshviewer. It's not 100% finished, so it's a first beta version.
If you want download and please report if something is not working.

How to use:
Put the executable in your Asset folder and run it with the console. If you have a folder called *.msh the tool will generate an file for the Viewer that is no msh file. If you choose this in the Viewer it will crash.
For help run the exe with /? flag. It shows you how to change the output file from SWBF_BF1List to SWBF_BF2List and how to increase the maximal path size. It's limited to 250 characters by default.

If you have some problems or the output langue isn't well please tell me.
Last edited by Anakin on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Re: [tool]MshViewer Assetlist Generator[released]

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

Very nice of you, gonna try this now :thumbs:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: [tool]MshViewer Assetlist Generator[released 1.1]

Post by Anakin »

Thank you :D

just uploaded Version 1.1. The Program now supports Multilanguage. At the Moment english and german. If someone wishes some more language and can translate the existing sentences, pm me.
You can look in the help (/?) how to change the language. Default is german :P