Google Search Bar

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Google Search Bar

Post by Marth8880 »

There's only one thing missing from website: a little Google Search Bar. :google: It could go 60 pixels to the right of the "Profile" link!

I'll gladly make GT my homepage if/when this is added. :wink:
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Re: Google Search Bar

Post by commander501stappo »

Why? I mean, if you want to google something, you can just go to google.com or at the right top corner search for what you want?
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

commander501stappo wrote:Why? I mean, if you want to google something, you can just go to google.com or at the right top corner search for what you want?
Yes :yes: .
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by The_Emperor »

When talking about websites, more is less as far as I'm concerned
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

commander501stappo wrote:Why? I mean, if you want to google something, you can just go to google.com or at the right top corner search for what you want?
So we don't have to busy ourselves and travel to Google's website when you can search for something right here on GT, especially if you're having a problem that you need to search.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Marth8880 wrote:
So we don't have to busy ourselves and travel to Google's website when you can search for something right here on GT, especially if you're having a problem that you need to search.
But if you use IE, Firefox, and Safari you can just set your default search engine to Google, then you have a search bar at the top of your browser no matter what site you're on. And in Chrome, all you have to do is type keywords in the address bar, hit enter, and it automatically goes to a Google search for you.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
But if you use IE, Firefox, and Safari you can just set your default search engine to Google, then you have a search bar at the top of your browser no matter what site you're on. And in Chrome, all you have to do is type keywords in the address bar, hit enter, and it automatically goes to a Google search for you.
I believe that he's talking about a Google Custom Search, which is a site-specific Google search. We likely don't have one because Google's index of our forums is pretty bad (if you've ever used the site search parameter, you'll know what I mean).
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

90% of the spamwidth the site uses is bots and foreigners poking around the site and hidden areas of the site, im ok not adding any more google bot/search privilages to the site. Ill keep google at google.com and our "not so good local forum search" should be good enough for the 30 of us that actually use it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Okay, that's fine.