Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

About the update, the update really wasn't much, but those pics really were something amazing. Also the Blame Stosh was so cool. Skee ball? Niceeeee.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fusion »

Alright, so now that this thread is here it can function as a General Discussion of the game. If you guys want to make a new thread about the Halo franchise you can do so.

Also, I'm making a Forge creation thread in a minute, just so they don't get lost in this thread.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Halo: Reach General Discussion

Post by guru »

yea actually we need to move all minecraft topics to their new home as well :)
i saw several but didnt move anything over yet, im excited to see how the xbox live area works, now that im finally using xbox live I can see the helpfulness first hand, this way i can get reviews of titles before i buy them from arcade. yay
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

I think that forge firefight maps would be great....
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

And the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack is now official:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Personally while all three maps look great I really wish we could have a new 'palette' to choose from. Give us a desert, a factory, a huge cave, a covenant ship, etc. To me too many of Reach's maps look the same aesthetically.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Looks like the trailer confirms 343. Also, the way they rearranged that song no longer makes me nervous about the music department of 343 either. :P
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Very nice. Also, i am not so afraid now about the music made by 343, because i sued to believe that it was going to be hard that they could make music as great as O´Donells, they are nice, but i still prefer O´Donell´s music.

About the maps, i dont really care much about the multiplayer ones, i am really interested on the firefight map.

But how i will get it?

I that after finsihing all the map packs (if they are going to make anymore...) they should relaese something like the halo 3 Mythic, with all the map packs.

EDIT: according to Halopedian, the map pack is not being made only by 343... 343 is working with Certain Affinity.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Correct, several reputable sources have stated Certain Affinity did the work on the pack, just like they did with the last two Halo 2 maps.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

If its produced by Certain Affirnity then why does it says its developed by 343 Industries?

EDIT:
You know, before this goes any further we should create another topic so we can discuss it on there.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Nova Hawk wrote:If its produced by Certain Affirnity then why does it says its developed by 343 Industries?
Show me where it specifically says "developed by 343 Industries"
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Teancum wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:If its produced by Certain Affirnity then why does it says its developed by 343 Industries?
Show me where it specifically says "developed by 343 Industries"
Didn't it show it on the leaked video that Fusion posted before the real trailer?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Judging by how generic the background voices sounded in that "leaked 343" video, I'm guessing it was just another jtagger making it look like he was an employee by having a modeling program open next to him and adding in Garageband sound effects. He probably had an offline account named 343 Industries and modified the date.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Thire »

If you guys don't mind taking a few minutes to help a brother out, it would be mucho appreciado if you could watch this and let me know what you think. It's a short film chronicling the destruction of the city of New Alexandria on Reach.

The Fall of Reach

Thanks! :)
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

I think nobody has pointed this, but i liked more the ODST firefight.

I would like to choose on Reach between normal brutes, and halo 3 style brutes on firefight. And where are golden hunters and drones here?

Just pointing that.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

ONI All Skulls On was nightmarish solo, but on co-op it becomes significantly easier. I recommend getting a Rocket Marine in your Warthog over trying to get the Wraith, Kat will shoot everything that moves and the Rocket Marine locks onto everything, it will kill Ghosts in one shot, Revenants in two, and Elites in three.

Also, you can skip the Elite General with the FRG at the top of Sword Base by running across the ledge outside of the Sword spawn room to the bridge above the Grenade Launcher (in multiplayer terms). All enemies until the Spec-Ops Elites will de-spawn because you passed over a trigger volume and hit another one that spawns the Banshees
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

So March 15 is the confirmed date for the next map pack. Not sure if anyone posted it yet. I probably won't get it day 1. I'll wait to see what the potential is for Forging.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Fusion wrote:ONI All Skulls On was nightmarish solo, but on co-op it becomes significantly easier. I recommend getting a Rocket Marine in your Warthog over trying to get the Wraith, Kat will shoot everything that moves and the Rocket Marine locks onto everything, it will kill Ghosts in one shot, Revenants in two, and Elites in three.

Also, you can skip the Elite General with the FRG at the top of Sword Base by running across the ledge outside of the Sword spawn room to the bridge above the Grenade Launcher (in multiplayer terms). All enemies until the Spec-Ops Elites will de-spawn because you passed over a trigger volume and hit another one that spawns the Banshees
I got passed ONI:SB over a month and a half ago on Mythic, and what i did after clearing the courtyard was to use the armor lock to get both wraiths, a seriously hard task, i gave one on the marines, if you are lucky they wont despawn, but they will stay there, i used the other one to complete the rest, specially the general is very hard to hit with the wraith shots, but with luck i killed it, the antena was easy, then when i had to come back to the base, the marines i left with the other wraith can help for about one minute before dying..., clearing the place is easy with the wraith. Then i went back for the gauss, and used it to cler the courtyard again, and never try this but i killed the BOB here, and i ruinned it like 10 times trying to kill it, it is worth around 3200 for a meele kill, BTW, for the hunters i saved the sniper rifles and the rocket launcher as much as i could, after getting on the elevator, things go harder, plasma pistols and headshot enabled weapons are the best choice, and done, banshees are easy too, but when you dont kill the general and he falls back to where the spec ops are it can ruin it, i just use a rocket launcher to push the to the hole, killing them, if i run out of ammo, emile can get rid of the banshees.

BTW, anyone tried using the checkpoint glitch? possibly it works for this, even if iron is on, you still get the checkpoints, and then if you die, you can quit and reload, and it takes you back to your last checkpoint, if you had 99 kils when you died, and then reloaded, and killed another one you get the 100 medal. Of course i just saw that could be done, thats not the way i got past the mission on mythic...

BTW, I hope to see something great tomorrow on the weekly update, the new All stars is comming!
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

I heard from a friend that Bungie likes one of my Invasion maps, well, my only Invasion map. He said that they might put it up on the Invasion playlist. I seriously doubt it, but let's hope the best, right? And as far as that Fall of Reach machinima, it was good. So, what was that weird looking helmet in a picture of condemned. When I was on the B.net forums, everyone was asking if it was new armor, but it wasn't. That doesn't make any sense, as the helmet looked like a cross between Operator and EOD. Could anyone shed some light on that? Highlands is my favorite map so far, just hearing that it was a remake of Timberland. I was hoping that we would end up with a big forge map, but Halo: CE remakes are always welcome.
Speaking of Forge, my latest maps have been created in collaboration with my friends Gangly Nine1709,Spaceman3po, and XxTurtl3ManXx. They are meant to be the ultimate Roleplaying experience availible in Halo: Reach. Among the maps are AHOY, Space RPG, and Ground RPG 3. I have recently created a Currency using the Headhunter engine, in which skulls collected allow you to buy weapons and vehicles, as well as armor abilities and maybe even rooms or properties. And the best part of the RPG is that you can go into Forge mode and create your own property, which allows more community flexibility, much like the hotels in LBP. If you guys are interested in participating in my daily RPGs, just contact me. Gamertag: UBERMEISTER32. I (or my XBL friends) can't take any credit alone for the maps. Really, everyone on Gametoast deserves credit, you were all supportive of my early SWBF2 efforts. The maps have been inspired by the DMI project. And Kudos to Maveritchell, RepSharpshooter and all the other participants in that awesome map.
ACEwithSPADES
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Alzoc 3
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 MW2
xbox live or psn: xundyingxace

Post by ACEwithSPADES »

Check out this game bros http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameS ... ndyingxAce B00M! :D
EDIT: thought i pulled off the perfection, alas i forgot i got spawn killed....