Building Ideas

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Building Ideas

Post by RepSharpshooter »

I have all this space in my building but I don't know what to fill it with. So far I have this:
  • Lobby
  • Gallery
  • Office
  • Bedroom
  • LH HQ - dunno what to put in it
  • Armory/medical - to deposit ammo and health
  • 360view theater
But as it lays out in my building, that only uses up 4 floors when I could put in a dozen if I wanted to. I'm trying to think of things interesting enough to keep people occupied in there. I thought about making mini-hover vehicles but the collision would be horrendous. Perhaps mini airplanes because I think those work.

I want things to be interactive to an extent but not so buggy that it takes hours and hours to get them right and they end up being glitchy anyways. I think if we put all of our minds together maybe we can think of some good ideas that we all could share.
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Building Ideas

Post by Null_1138 »

- Laundry room
- Maze
- TV (with scrolling texture)
- Bar
- ...Filibuster

I'll think of more later :P .
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by obiboba3po »

the pool from ba (on ground floor or below of course)? that'd be hilarous to see the boats everywhere. oh and maybe the chess set too xD
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

I cant do anything with water because the lake is much lower than the terrain and the chess set requires so much space, computer resources, and is so glitchy I dont want to put it in.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Restrooms? Might be good for people who really, really enjoy role-playing. :P

A shooting/target range could be a good diversion. Just a few simple targets with low health and a relatively quick respawn time; the player just shoots the target, it disappears for a few seconds, then pops back up. If you've ever played Jedi Academy I'm thinking of something similar to the target range in the level where you're imprisoned and have to escape without your lightsaber.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

How about a bowling ally?
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RogueKnight »

A Star Wars museum? Just an idea, but have a bunch of glass containers with things suck as a mounted DC-15, a clone trooper helmet, a deactivated Battle Droid, maybe a panoramic of Geonosis, Mygeeto, or Coruscant, possibly a few more weapons, a jedi's lightsaber hilt, a full suit of Katarn class Commando Armor, ie. game models that can be easily turned into props.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

To be honest, Rep, I would stick to working on things for the outside. I'd much rather see streets filled up with lots of buildings and detail than one really-detailed-interior building (and yours already sounds like it has a lot) - and after all, it's your project, so everything is "your building." Maybe you could make some stalls or something to line the streets? Sometimes less is more. :)
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

This just popped in my head; Blinking lights on all the high buildings (or glowing strips)
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Maveritchell wrote:To be honest, Rep, I would stick to working on things for the outside. I'd much rather see streets filled up with lots of buildings and detail than one really-detailed-interior building (and yours already sounds like it has a lot) - and after all, it's your project, so everything is "your building." Maybe you could make some stalls or something to line the streets? Sometimes less is more. :)
Well I would make more buildings but the point is for everyone else to do their own lot. I do think it would be good to focus more on the outside though. Perhaps there's a balance that needs to be struck between inside/outside so neither is more emphasized than the other, but both engaging.

Perhaps commission more public buildings? What sort of buildings would we want? Restaurant, droid shop, armory, military barracks, parking garage, ?

edit: yeah blinking lights on top of the towers would be cool.