****Calling all DMI people****

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

****Calling all DMI people****

Post by RepSharpshooter »

Between how many dozens of lots people have claimed, unclaimed, and claimed again etc, I have lost an exact track of who is doing what. I indeed have all the original claims to a point, but so many people have done nothing at all that the roster is just useless information.

What I need from everyone that claimed a lot is to first of all say if you wish to continue development on it. Think carefully. If it's been over a year and you've done absolutely nothing, it's time to let someone else have it. I know things get busy, but there has been plenty of time to do something. Those that I do not hear from by August 1st will forfeit their lot automatically. Also be prepared that those that show no progress by a certain date (~fall/winter) will also forfeit their spot.

When you reply (in this thread), please provide the following information:
  • Continuing development?
    If yes:
  • Lot ID
  • Progress so far
Changes I am making:
  • Redoing elevator system with remote turrets instead.
  • No more battle arena (download my mod if you want it, I'm not redoing a map inside of a map). This also frees up 8 more lots that people can use, the original intention of the map.
  • No RPG system for now. Too much work, not worth the time. SWBF2 is just not meant to be an RPG, although technically it *can* be.
  • Slimming down environment - removing any excess tree props etc that I can.
  • As for my own lot, I am trashing the inside that I have now in favor of a slimmer, more resource efficient method of interior design. I also need to overhaul the model for texture defects.
Filefront trashed all my images so I don't have the layout off-hand, I will post it tomorrow. But hopefully you remember what lot you had; here is a text layout:
E F G H
P A B I
O C D J
N M L K

and inside each one:
1 2
3 4

I have only received lots from a handful of people, but I still think this idea is worth pursuing. I have seen some people's wips, such as FragMe!'s and other's and they are pretty amazing. Think, if we all buckle down and do our little bit, we can have an emerging city in no time. I'm quite excited to see the result.

Here is the claims topic:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 31&start=0

I only added people that said definite "yes I am continuing work." If you are not on here and you should be, speak out or you will be cleared off August 1st. I will send a mass PM before that though as a warning, just in case someone happens to miss this thread.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: ****Calling all DMI people****

Post by Maveritchell »

Continuing development?
Yes.
Lot ID
O 1/3
Progress so far
Hidden/Spoiler:
Still plan on doing a few tweaks. 90%.
I have only received lots from a handful of people
I know you have my lot but that can be tossed. Have been waiting to send you this one but figured you had enough on your plate.
Challenger33
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Challenger33 »

Yes, I'll be continuing. I'm nearly done; just have to work out a few texture glitches and add the turret method of moving floor to floor, as well as add a few vehicles (might just be one actually).

My lot is C3. Screenshots later.

To be honest, a part of me wants to start over from scratch. Either way it'll get done.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

- Continuing development? Yes
- Lot ID K4
- Progress so far Completed and sent off some time ago
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

I believe my lot was D4, but me, Taivyx, Train, (and someone else?) ended up combining our lots into a large building taking up all of block D. I'm not sure about them, but I don't think our block is going to get done. You'd have to ask Train though, since he was the one working the most on it.
Super_Clone
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Super_Clone »

I believe mine is G1, I will be continuing, you have the beta of my lot, so you can stick that in.
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

- Yes, I am continuing.
- K2, but is it too late to change it?
- mswf was kind enough to convert my building from Sketchup to msh, but I haven't heard from him since last Monday. If he can't get it to me before the 1st, I'll immediately start on Plan B (Bespin objects). In the meantime, I have been working on a prop starfighter, work showcases, etc. Although I have nothing done in data_DMI until mswf gets my building.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Continuing Development?
-Only if I get help from others. My game currently doesn't work, since my gaming computer broke, but I am still able to make models, so I could still create my building and possible vehicles, if someone would export the models and put it ingame.

Lot?
-I believe G3
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Continuing development:
Yes, just about done though if I keep my current design. Not necessarily the final design. I have trouble making decisions, and, well, this is a decision, lol.

Lot:
I2

Screens:
Later, model is having a few annoying bugs.
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by obiboba3po »

Yes i would like to keep my H4. Progress is very early. I think im going to have to choose to work on DMI instead of the mapping contest so i can do some serious development on my lot.
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Here's the layout so far then, if you are BLUE or PURPLE you are ok. I will change you to purple if I see beta screenshots.

For the sake of things, new people please don't claim anything until after August 1st.
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

heres a picture of a strange looking futuristic building that will probably be my lot
Hidden/Spoiler:
just wondering, are we still in need of an industrial lot? i'd gladly make mine industrial as i've been making some industrial themed models for a while.
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

At this point, we need any lot. Go ahead and do what's easiest for you or what you want to.
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

RepSharpshooter wrote:At this point, we need any lot. Go ahead and do what's easiest for you or what you want to.
Alright, i feel like starting over, what i just posted is kinda silly looking. expect progress soon.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Mine was M3, but I really don't have a lot (other than the suggested stock Jabba's barge.) Someone can share (if that's in the rules?) my lot, or just take it if necessary, as I won't actually be making anything.
Commander_Fett
High General
High General

Post by Commander_Fett »

Mine is N1, I am continuing my lot, and the model is almost ready for export. I may haver to add on one more room, and maybe a hanger, but otherwise it's finished.
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

I just saw that I also have lots from:
  • Nylad
  • Slycoopersbutt
  • Crazy_ewok
as well. Right now Im pouring through the mess that is the worlds/dmi folder and organizing it by person.
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

I do not possess talents in crafting new buildings, so all I'll be doing is making my plot the scariest place on earth filled with terror and the chance of encountering undead creatures. But I will renew my plot and help out =)
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

GangsterJawa wrote:Mine was M3, but I really don't have a lot (other than the suggested stock Jabba's barge.) Someone can share (if that's in the rules?) my lot, or just take it if necessary, as I won't actually be making anything.
Well, I'm pretty sure mine was originally M3 :P So do you mind me taking it back? I'm actually planning on making on a lot. Seriously, I know. Like, Dohnutt... Modding?
No, but seriously, I really want to. Even if it's a piece of crap (which I expect it to be). I want to.
trainmaster611
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by trainmaster611 »

Me, Taivyx, and Fingerfood had combined our buildings to make the 'Demporium'. That's still a WIP. You also gave me your repair depot and I was going to incorporate that into the Demporium. The building is fine, I've rethought the layout and I think it will be much better now.

The subway is also finished ( :shock: ) so I'll give you the assets to that.

Is it possible to make room on the side in lots L2 and L4 to squeeze in a train track from the train station?