E3 2011: Halo

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Halo CEA and Halo 4

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I'm fairly certain that it's not just MP on the Reach engine. I could've sworn you got the 7 new maps and the entire Reach MP.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It's just the seven maps on CE A. You can only play those maps in matchmaking and there will be a special playlist for them that will have certain things changed so they better reflect the CE multiplayer.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

Labj wrote:The box cover so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think it looks pretty cool, but it needs some more characters on it.
looks nice
and i agree some marines or grunts ...etc would be nice on it
but how is the ring sideways in his visor if it is vertical in the background :funny2:
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

I like it, i love the halo universe, but i have a ps3 and not an xbox, and my pc is probably not so powerfull to handle a upcoming halo game because it already lags with star wars battlefront 2 with lightings and shadows on high.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Fusion wrote:It's just the seven maps on CE A. You can only play those maps in matchmaking and there will be a special playlist for them that will have certain things changed so they better reflect the CE multiplayer.
Oh. Derp. No buy.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Exactly. I'll wait until this is out used. I realize that it takes a lot of work, but for 40 bucks we should at least get all 13 original multiplayer maps. As it is *if* they release them as DLC later it means you have to pay more for them. No thanks.
Evman
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Kamino part 1 orbital attack
Games I'm Playing :: Halo Reach
xbox live or psn: GamerXEv

Post by Evman »

Ill be buying BOTH! i have only played reach so here is my plan:
play halo CEA
play halo 2 (i own it but i only play reach)
rent/buy halo 3
DONT buy odst (i hear it is bad)
Buy halo 4 in 2012
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Evman wrote:Ill be buying BOTH! i have only played reach so here is my plan:
play halo CEA
play halo 2 (i own it but i only play reach)
rent/buy halo 3
DONT buy odst (i hear it is bad)
Buy halo 4 in 2012
I wouldnt avoid ODST. I, personally, thought that storywise and ambience-wise ODST was the best, and most interesting of all the others. On the other hand, the gameplay was in between- the game couldn't decide if you were master chief or an ODST, so it sort f threw you into an awkward middle.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, my only issue with ODST's campaign was that you're basically just a Spartan. An ODST shouldn't be able to rip a turret off and carry it at a faster speed than a Spartan, or not be able to wield a sword but be able to swing a Gravity Hammer.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I honestly did not like ODST due to the lack of constant firefights. They were way too spaced out, imo. And I agree w/ Fusion's post.

The ODSTs are still pretty awesome by themselves I just thought the game was a fail.
Darth-Erik
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: Thr33E3

Post by Darth-Erik »

Nova Hawk wrote:I honestly did not like ODST due to the lack of constant firefights. They were way too spaced out, imo. And I agree w/ Fusion's post.

The ODSTs are still pretty awesome by themselves I just thought the game was a fail.
I get the feeling that Reach have more constant firefights and are to spaced out, imo. ^^
So I thought ODST was a really good game.

Look what I found:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Possible Timberland map in Halo CEA?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, so far we know:

MP-
Battle/Beaver Creek
Damnation
Hang 'em High
Timberland
???
???

Firefight-
??? "Obvious Location"
Darth-Erik
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: Thr33E3

Post by Darth-Erik »

I hope they bring back "Boarding Action", Because it was one of my favorite multiplayer maps.
Obvious location?

The new menu:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Edit:
You can see more of it in the background of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7Rd9kabAo
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Basically Frankie said the Firefight map was something we'd all instantly think of from the campaign. I'm guessing either the level Halo, the Pillar of Autumn, or the Silent Cartographer.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I can't imagine it being anything but Floodfight. If so then ewww - the flood really annoy me. Still, I'm sure a lot of folks'll really like it. Still not sold on the price. If they'd reveal more I might reinstate my preorder.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I don't think it'll be Flood. The current Reach Firefight has no way to include any new AI. That also rules out Sentinels as well.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Fusion wrote:I don't think it'll be Flood. The current Reach Firefight has no way to include any new AI. That also rules out Sentinels as well.
Has Bungie said that specifically? That sounds more like what the community thinks than an official statement. Besides, title update anyone?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Bungie's not doing the title update, 343 is. If anything, Bungie is the one who said adding stuff would take up way too much space, as all armor, enemies, and weapons are in all of the .map files, requiring all of them to be redownloaded. Hopefully, 343 found some way around this, and judging by how they're still trying to add the "Defiant" Helmet it looks like they might have found some workaround for the armor at least.

They could always add them, but to add new AI, new models, and a new gametype that deals specifically with the Flood, the Title Update would have to be way over a gig. Not everyone on Live has the option to download something that size.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool, it's just implausible.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

As one who has connections with several developers I can tell you there's no need for a 1 gig TU. The content is easily packed with the game (Halo: Anniversary), the code changes are done with the TU which keeps it within the 4MB limit. It's been done several times over with 360 games. Ever receive a TU the same day DLC is released? It's new functionality for the engine that will help to run the DLC. There's no reason the assets - models, textures, animations, AI configuration, etc - can't be part of the pack itself while any code changes to the engine are put into a title update.

Easy peasy.

By the way, where have you heard that 343 is actually trying to get the defiant helmet to work? I write for an Xbox 360 news outlet (XBLAFans.com) and all we've heard are rumors from fans.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I could try to continue to argue my point, but I don't have the knowledge to do so. All I know is I've seen posts by people like Urk and Evil Otto saying that they would need to redistribute the .map files for any armor to be added in a mandatory and huge title update, because even if it was just DLC not everyone is going to buy it and that would cause some errors for people who don't have it.

Also, I could have sworn the mention of the helmet was in the 6/28 Halo Bulletin on Halo.Xbox, but apparently it isn't. Oh well. If I find it I'll link you to it.