Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

xII DM IIx
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Leaked Halo: Reach screenshots

Post by xII DM IIx »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:@DM: I'd prefer the battle rifle. If they replace the BR with a carbine, I'll bet that they'll just have a lot of games revolving around the new carbine. They'll probably include the old BR.
Which is why I hope that they'll make the new carbine more balanced with the other weapons in the game. I feel a pretty good example of this is the Covenant carbine: a good all-around weapon, yet I feel it doesn't overpower other weapons in these areas like the Battle-Rifle does.

I also hope Bungie opts for a more "realistic" style this time around. The bright, vibrant colours and 10ft jumps don't really do it for me.
Blade
Captain
Captain

Post by Blade »

I also hope Bungie opts for a more "realistic" style this time around. The bright, vibrant colours and 10ft jumps don't really do it for me.
Personally I hope they don't, that's one of the things that I love about Halo, that it both feels realistic and feels like SciFi.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Blade wrote:
Personally I hope they don't, that's one of the things that I love about Halo, that it both feels realistic and feels like SciFi.
Besides, the vibrant colors are kinda realistic for the Covenants, maybe they like it like that, and then the 10-ft jumps make sense, considering that you're a super strong soldier and you have a titanium skeleton fused with your real one.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Blade wrote:
Besides, the vibrant colors are kinda realistic for the Covenants, maybe they like it like that, and then the 10-ft jumps make sense, considering that you're a super strong soldier and you have a titanium skeleton fused with your real one.
How the heck(if that's true) was that pulled off?! I can't think of any way of doing that...
off topic:
Hey, looks like GT has placed censors on coursed words.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

RED51 wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Blade wrote:
How the heck(if that's true) was that pulled off?! I can't think of any way of doing that...
Wait, lol. Halopedia just said it was a heck a lot of surgeries and injections. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program
xII DM IIx
Private First Class

Post by xII DM IIx »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Blade wrote:
For the 10ft jumps bit I was actually referring to the ODSTs jumping height more-so than the SPARTANs'.

Yeah, I guess the vibrant colours do make sense when you consider the type of world they're in (in the case of the Covenant) but I still feel the greens are too green, the blues too blue, yadda yadda. This is all just a matter of personal preference. I'm more of a fan of a grittier, Gears of War kind of style.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Couldn't have they released that only just days before the VGA's? Now the wait is going to kill me! :P
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showpost.ph ... stcount=79

It's called the Falcon. Called it yesterday. :P
Now all we need are missiles on it called "Falcon Punches" and we're good to go.

And it looks like the screenshots and info from a few months ago was real. I'm liking the Needle Rifle even more now.

Oh, and I spy the Spirit Dropship on the top of scan 3.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Fusion wrote:http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showpost.ph ... stcount=79

It's called the Falcon. Called it yesterday. :P
Now all we need are missiles on it called "Falcon Punches" and we're good to go.

And it looks like the screenshots and info from a few months ago was real. I'm liking the Needle Rifle even more now.

Oh, and I spy the Spirit Dropship on the top of scan 3.
Looks way too epic to possibly exist. I call fake on win of unsurpassable epicness. Or perhaps it's just fancy advertising.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

...wait, what?

Bungie and Game Informer have been confirming this article for the last month, it's not fake. They've also been secretly developing this game for the past two years, so that's why it looks so good.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

For the first time in YEARS, I'm going to go buy a magazine soon. :thumbs:
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Umm... I think I just broke my keyboard with my drools... That looks awesome, lol. Marines and the Grunts look sweet, so do the new AR and SR, and the needle rifle looks awesome. And driving around civilian vehicles will be fun. :runaway:
@Fusion: Are those missiles incendiary?
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

After looking through that, there were several moments where I just thought Diet Dr. Pepper. Phantoms instead of the Halo 1 dropship, adding another Spartan II, adding new Spartan IIIs, changing weapons, adding alien species, changing there appearances...

I'm sure Bungie will be able to tie all this into the canon (I hope), and beside those few minor things, I feel like Halo: Reach will be my favorite game of all time.

So this is only going to be for sale at Gamestop?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I saw a Halo 1 Dropship and the only Aliens I saw were Grunts, Jackals, and Elites, and maybe a Brute.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I saw a Halo 1 Dropship and the only Aliens I saw were Grunts, Jackals, and Elites, and maybe a Brute.
They added so called "skirmishers."
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Oh. lol. But I'm just wondering, what's the problem with adding more Spartan IIIs and another Spartan II?
EDIT: BTW, skirmishers are pretty much Jackals, so it's not really a special addition. I really hope that they have Engineers, though. I love those things. :D
EDIT2: Anyone notice how in the First-Person view pic of the AR, with the skirmisher right there, they pixelated a part of the HUD? I wonder what they had there...
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

In Ghosts Of Onyx all Spartans are accounted for...Alpha Company all dead, only Tom and Lucy alive from Gamma Company. Parts of Gamma Company were placed in Slipspace Tubes, killed, and some alive. All Spartan IIs have their names listed, and I don't remember seeing Jorge listed. Maybe we'll hear about the second wave of Spartan IIs or something...I just don't like a totally messed up canon.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

While yes, canon is important, you need to remember that game play makes a game.

Though it looks to me like Bungie had been doing their best to make sure this tied into canon. Personally I'm happy with the explanation we already got: "This particular group of Spartans, Noble Team, went out on the same suicide missions as the other Spartan IIIs, but what made them different was that they kept coming back." (Maybe that's just because I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to Halo. :P ) Plus I really like how they emphasized continuity between this game and the first.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Fusion wrote:...wait, what?

Bungie and Game Informer have been confirming this article for the last month, it's not fake. They've also been secretly developing this game for the past two years, so that's why it looks so good.
It sounds stupid..... Because it's a joke....