Pokemon Sun And Moon

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Pokemon Sun And Moon

Post by giftheck »

So, Game Freak announced the start of Generation 7 today with Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. There's no ingame footage yet but as always they say we will get new Pokemon and a new area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag

What's interesting is that this game will be compatible with Pokemon transferred from the Virtual Console versions of Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow through Pokemon Bank.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Pokemon Sun And Moon

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Having never played any Pokemon game I have a question that may determine if I might, does all the newer games still feature original Pokemon and original characters?

I liked the old shows as a kid so I kinda wanted to play the games but was turned off when they strayed from original content.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yup, everything's still there. For better or for Magmortar.

Already planning to catch everything in VC Red to transfer over in the winter, should be easy with my god-like powers in Gen 1.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Also that's really interesting that you will be able to transfer pokemon from the originals on the virtual console. That is too beast!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

As the glitches are confirmed to be intact I wonder how many people will try transferring their Missingnos, their flying Kangaskhans and their Level 153 Charizards to Sun and Moon.

Quite a few people want Missingno made into an officially-recognised Pokemon anyways it seems.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Or, more importantly, their legit(?) Mews. That bug's the best bug.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

As Mew isn't legitimately available in RBY in the west for the virtual console, I would assume Bank will block any brought over from RBY like it does Diamond/Pearl Arceus.