Minecraft Servers

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: Minecraft Servers

Post by Fingerfood »

If a GT server ever does happen, I'd love to stop by at the very least. I'd host it myself, but since even my friend who lives a few miles away gets lag sometimes I don't think it would be the best idea.

Also, I'd suggest Bukkit as well, as it's supposedly the successor to hMod, which was my personal favorite. The only problem is that the last time I tried Bukkit ended up being insanely laggy ingame, so Bukkit's left a sour taste for me.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Also, what program are you using, TW? The default server program sucks.
:oops: The default program...
I mean, it's okay at first, it's just hard to do anything interesting with it. Sorry about making that sound kinda harsh. Bukkit's hard to set up, but it's totally worth it, especially since you can actually have the nether now.
I'll look into it when I have time on Friday. Just throwing it out there that I DO have a server set up, and I'm fairly certain I got everything right so people can connect.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

We'll need that IP. :P
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I'll get the IP to you guys when I confirm I got the port stuff right. I'm not at my comp right now, so I'll let you know.