The Old DMI Plan

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby GangsterJawa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:23 pm

That would be a good idea. However, to counter what happens when someone runs out of fuel, (and I'm sure people will) is it possible to give a stamina tank for vehicles? Probably one or two a person, just enough to get to a gas station.

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Fiodis » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 pm

What happens when cars run out of gas in the real world? They get pushed to the nearest station. Not sure you can do that in BF2, though. That's a problem to think about.

Private Recruit
User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby vortexus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 pm

jedi_pilot wrote:Hey, I have an Idea for the map :D ,

What if there was a system of "gas" stations a various points of the map that refill your transport's stamina when you pull into them with??? just make it to where your stamina does not regenerate by itself :yes: .
You could have these "Gas Stations" as a drive by That instantly ReGenerates your vehicles Stamina, but this would be kinda pointless apart from vehicles that have a huge stamina that ReGenerates slowly :cpu:

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Fiodis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:32 pm

vortexus wrote: apart from vehicles that have a huge stamina that ReGenerates slowly :cpu:


Exactly.

Command Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby jedi_pilot » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Man I haven't checked this out in awhile. I hope this isn't a bump, seeing this is a sticky.

My "original" idea was that you have a set stamina, which allows you to go fast, jump, etc. When you run out of stamina, you can still move, but it will be very slow....Just so you can make it to the nearest gas station.....eventually :wink: .

Anyway, I think all of the ideas were good, and I'm open to counter-suggestions to mine. Also, I have a gas station model I made awhile ago, i'm sure I can find some good use for it :) ...

Lance Corporal
User avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby CCO! » Wed May 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Two things guys,

1: What version will this be in (as in 1.1 1.2 etc) I want to download the right patch.

2: For my idea I am thinking some sort of museum.
Would you all like a museum? It could be star wars dedicated or real world dedicated.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Null_1138 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 pm

CCO! wrote:Two things guys,

1: What version will this be in (as in 1.1 1.2 etc) I want to download the right patch.

2: For my idea I am thinking some sort of museum.
Would you all like a museum? It could be star wars dedicated or real world dedicated.

This is a sticky right? So bumping doesn't occur.

For your questions:

1: Uh, what does that mean? If you're talking about the versions of BF1 patches, then you're way off track: this is a BF2 map. If you're talking about the 1.3 patch, I think you should get it. I don't know what kind of modes/etc. Rep has planned.

2: I have a feeling that Rep (or other veteran Gametoaster) already has one planned. If not, I bet someone is gonna make a museum out of their lot.

Lance Corporal
User avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby CCO! » Wed May 27, 2009 8:32 pm

No I know its in bf2 but which patch/version will most of us be playing it in... I don't want to be left alone, and yeah I bet a museum will be done.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Null_1138 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:41 pm

CCO! wrote:which patch/version

Unofficial 1.3

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby RepSharpshooter » Wed May 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Null_1138 wrote:
CCO! wrote:which patch/version

Unofficial 1.3

Having the official 1.1 is all that matters.

I plan on making a little "RepSharpshooter Museum" and a lot of people have already done their own with their lots.

Lance Corporal
User avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby CCO! » Thu May 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Well is anyone doing a power generater because I have an idea for that.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Null_1138 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:35 pm

CCO! wrote:Well is anyone doing a power generater because I have an idea for that.

If you want, but it would take up space in your lot that you might want for other reasons (I think the reason we have these lots is to show off our mods, maps, skins, etc.)

Lance Corporal
User avatar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby CCO! » Fri May 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Null_1138 wrote:
CCO! wrote:Well is anyone doing a power generater because I have an idea for that.

If you want, but it would take up space in your lot that you might want for other reasons (I think the reason we have these lots is to show off our mods, maps, skins, etc.)


Which I have none of. Im thinking a power generator building surrounded by special turrets. Their weapon... A fusion cutter. So those of you who are the do-it-yourself type can repair your own vehicles. Easy dual purpose.

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 am
Location: USA
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby [RDH]Zerted » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:18 am

CCO! wrote:...Which I have none of...
Me too. I've been trying to come up with a good game or puzzle to do. I had Tetris on my mind for a while, but I think that would add too many objects...

High General
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 am
Location: Florida

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Super_Clone » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 am

[RDH]Zerted wrote:
CCO! wrote:...Which I have none of...
Me too. I've been trying to come up with a good game or puzzle to do. I had Tetris on my mind for a while, but I think that would add too many objects...
That would be awesome.

High General
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 am
Location: Florida

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Super_Clone » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 pm

GangsterJawa wrote:
[RDH]Zerted wrote:
CCO! wrote:...Which I have none of...
Me too. I've been trying to come up with a good game or puzzle to do. I had Tetris on my mind for a while, but I think that would add too many objects...

:P

I saw that, i was just saying what fun that could have been :P

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Null_1138 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Super_Clone wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:
[RDH]Zerted wrote:
CCO! wrote:...Which I have none of...
Me too. I've been trying to come up with a good game or puzzle to do. I had Tetris on my mind for a while, but I think that would add too many objects...

:P

I saw that, i was just saying what fun that could have been :P

How fun that would have been.

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby GangsterJawa » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:18 pm

They're actually both grammatically correct, if that is why you corrected him.

Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:14 pm
Location: Orkney, a place of... well... farming. Scotland FTW!

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby destructo_bot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I believe that would be known as a 'link' :wink:

Hidden/Spoiler:
sorry for being patronizing :P

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: The DMI Plan

Postby Null_1138 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah, I probably should have explained myself better, my fault. :oops:

When he said Tetris, I remembered that Family Guy skit with Peter playing human Tetris, and thought it would be funny to post. :)

And on the idea of Tetris in BF2, I don't think the number of models would be a problem, but how would you move the blocks while they're falling?

PreviousNext

Return to The Dynamic Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest