The Old DMI Plan

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: The DMI Plan

Post by RepSharpshooter »

Fingerfood wrote:, so then the armed people's goal could be storming the hospital.
Who, besides the devil, would do that? :?
Grev wrote:Just a suggestion, but I think we should have G1 and G2 a Gametoast/ Guru Park, like a tribute to gt, a fancy little park to walk around in.
Wazmol is doing that.

YouJediJunkie wrote:Okay, I can do the store. Me and MasterSkywalker have been brain-storming about what our house could be, and we haven't got something. A store would be nice. :clone:
Actually, I was going to combine the bar, store, apartments, and hospital all into one circular building. I accidentally already started it...
Typoe99
Private

Post by Typoe99 »

RepSharpshooter wrote:Let's keep Lot discussion to the How to Get started topic. Anyway, it is as follows:
Hebes M1
Dohnutt M3
Xavious M2
MandeRek N1-2

*moving back to the DMI Plan topic*

I jotted some things down last night, looks like we'll need a hospital and a store too. For ammo and health. I'll also make some stock buildings to fill up any space left behind by people who don't finish. We could also use wampas as wild animals.

ummm sorry to say but I already claimed N2 and am almost done building on it
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Caleb1117 »

Pretty sure MandeRek got it before you did.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Grev wrote:Just a suggestion, but I think we should have G1 and G2 a Gametoast/ Guru Park, like a tribute to gt, a fancy little park to walk around in.
I made a statue of Guru-ty model. It's a giant block with a giant Jawa standing on top, I'm probably going to retexture the jawa for a more statue-ish look. It's in the shwcase thread, though, it crashes my test map and gives me no mungelong hurrumph.
YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YouJediJunkie »

Actually, I was going to combine the bar, store, apartments, and hospital all into one circular building. I accidentally already started it...
Cheese doodle!

Oh well, back to the drawing table then I guess! :D
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by The_Emperor »

I was thinking aboot a shooting gallery, with some manable turrets and an invisable collision so no-one gets into the line of fire, and some things spinning/popping up/flying that could be shot. Now what I need to know is this:

-Is there a way to distribute points to someone only if a group of objects is destroyed within a time limit?

-*optional* is there a way to auto-kick someone off a turret after a time-limit or better even after an amount of ammo is fired?

-Can the game handle multiple moving objects :P?

-What does Marcellus Walace look like?

-Is a shooting gallery like that even possible in BF2? Perhaps other, clever ideas on how to make one?
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

The_Emperor wrote:I was thinking aboot a shooting gallery, with some manable turrets and an invisable collision so no-one gets into the line of fire, and some things spinning/popping up/flying that could be shot. Now what I need to know is this:

-Is there a way to distribute points to someone only if a group of objects is destroyed within a time limit?

-*optional* is there a way to auto-kick someone off a turret after a time-limit or better even after an amount of ammo is fired?

-Is a shooting gallery like that even possible in BF2? Perhaps other, clever ideas on how to make one?
Make it with Rupees.
theITfactor
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Pwnfest and Games Complex
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: You and I Know

Post by theITfactor »

The_Emperor wrote:I was thinking aboot a shooting gallery, with some manable turrets and an invisable collision so no-one gets into the line of fire, and some things spinning/popping up/flying that could be shot. Now what I need to know is this:

I did this in The Pwnfest, only my targets were stationary and the player was the one who moved around a course in a turret animation :wink: I can reverse it so that the targets move and the player is stationary.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Caleb1117 wrote:
Make it with Rupees.
:D

YES! And an arrow firing turret :P If you would be kind enough to make a rupee :P
theITfactor wrote:I did this in The Pwnfest, only my targets were stationary and the player was the one who moved around a course in a turret animation :wink: I can reverse it so that the targets move and the player is stationary.
that is actually a very good idea too
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

I apologize for the stretchy pm xD could not have predicted that without actually sending it... next time I will manually word wrap it so it is more legible.
Crazy_Ewok
2008 Best Amateur Avatar

Post by Crazy_Ewok »

Cool! A newsletter. That's awesome. Just a few questions. Is Battlefront II measured in meters. I'm guessing yes but I want to be sure. Also, do you want us to respond to the PM or in this topic. Anyways, I can probably have my lot finished in a week and a half at most.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I'm having problems, but I still am planning to finish my lot *determination face*
My models always get the same errors and I do what evryone says to do. It doesn't work.My maps either crash or the building doesn't show up.
Silas
Captain
Captain

Post by Silas »

hmm...i was reading through what i assume is the original DMI thread, and topics that received a lot of attention was customized units of the people involved in this map/sides. I'm not sure if this was resolved, but i was wondering if there is a problem with making more than one game type. You could have the armed/not armed sides for one game type, and one game type dedicated to the people involved. Each person could make their own person. If you could have 12 units on each side, then you have 24 slots for custom units. That's my opinion on the matter (it would be sweet to see everyone's personalized units, including myself ingame) :D
shockwave88
Private First Class

Post by shockwave88 »

The_Emperor wrote:
Maybe a SERIOUSLY SERIOUS reskin of Grievous, making him look very very very different, if possible (I'm thinking metal with a single visor and some mechanical stuff and stuff), but only if the reskin works (hereby offering to give it a shot, provided someone sends me the skin lol)
XD the funny thing is I have done that XD one of the first few things I skinned was Grievous to look like a dark side technobeast but it failed and he just looked like a normal fighting droid XD if anyone needs it I'd be glad to give it out.

edit* uhh...... on second thought I don't have the skin anymore........ T_T I deleted it
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Rep, you moved the bar righ, so the lot it was in is empty now, right, cuz if it was, can I have that lot too? My lot all fits in K2 except for some stairs, but those'll never fit in K2, and I can't scale down my building or the upper city won't hit it the way I planned.
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

I found a way to let show up the "Lightsaber-Hit-Something-Effect" whenever you hit any object WITHOUT giving it health....well....actually you give it health but you don't see it ingame!

Here's what I did:

Changing

Code: Select all

ClassLabel		=	"prop"
to

ClassLabel		=	"destructablebuilding"

and adding

IsNotTargetableByPlayer = "1"
AddHealth			= "20000"
MaxHealth               = "20000"
Maybe you wanna use it? But well, I guess Teancum or someone will find some reason why it's bad... :lol:

Just a suggestion. More realism...
SlyCoopersButt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by SlyCoopersButt »

I would add a few extra zero's. About the health level of a capitol ship. Would be strange for things and especially buildings to disappear after enough abuse in a long session.
Last edited by SlyCoopersButt on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

Or just setting it to 0.... 0 = Unlimited

Well, at least I'm gonna use it in my maps! :D
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

SlyCoopersButt wrote:I would add a few extra zero's. About the health level of a capitol ship. Would be strange for things and especially buildings to disappear after enough abuse in a long session.
Things don't "disappear" when they've got an addhealth of 20000.
SlyCoopersButt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by SlyCoopersButt »

I forgot that it regenerates. I'll add that to my items as it'll be nice when sabers strike. Was wondering, Are there going to be any units with fusion cutters? I really think civilians should have them to repair damaged things/vehicles.