The Old DMI Plan

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The DMI Plan

Post by Caleb1117 »

RepSharpshooter wrote:So this means I have to do some scaling back.

Jedi Temple Mini Wave mode gets 3 classes:
  • IG88
  • Magna
  • Sith
Battle Arena Mini Wave mode gets 3 classes:
  • SBD
  • Droideka?
  • Wampa? :lol:
I can still change the number of units spawned to increase difficulty.
Why would you need to limit them? they are local spawned groups, there shouldn't be any limit on them, as you won't play as them. Maybe I'm wrong, but even so, you could have more then 3 in each instance, you could have 6 in each wave game area, and that's if you have them on the same local group. Plus they could share units, so that each Wave area could support 12 different attacking units.

How many teams do you have anyway?

1 playable civilian
2 playable armed
3 swoop gangs?
4 wilderness beasts?
5 wave team 1
6 wave team 2
7?
8?

Even if you split the wave groups in 2, allowing for 24 total different units, I still don't see where the other 2 sides get used.
PsYcH0_]-[aMsT3r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by PsYcH0_]-[aMsT3r »

The_Emporer wrote:
PsYcH0_]-[aMsT3r wrote: EDIT: Hmm once my models finished maybe Ill make some little flying things you could use. I need to make stuff like this for modeling practice anyway :D
May I suggest this? :D
Hmm the JKA ones where like that just bigger. Anyway ill make something like that once i got my main model exported using Rep's magic exporter :D
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

Ok teancum, I could probably do your trick for the jedi temple, as they all use the same anims etc, even weapons. I think I could even make a local team with every single class in it, then make a new ambush function that only spawns certain classes. That way we'd save on team numbers.

I'm still confused about the class limit, it says 12 is the max, but hero assault has 16 classes total, must be some semantic thing I'm missing.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

That's 12 classes per team, Rep.
SlyCoopersButt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by SlyCoopersButt »

Question about third prefab building
Hidden/Spoiler:
I assume it's safe to ignore the issue with the windows as you will update the models on your end later?
Also, Any restrictions on having a turret? If so I'm thinking about a custom rooftop turret that would be mostly harmless that's only visually fun to shoot.
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Maveritchell wrote:That's 12 classes per team, Rep.
ahhh thank you, it confused me because I had no where near 12 classes on a team and it still gave me that error.

No I'm not fixing that building, it's pandemic's fault for not backface-culling transparent objects, not mine.

Having a turret on the roof is a little non-standard, but as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and it will fit with the star wars theme (and won't stick out too much) then I suppose it's fine...
PsYcH0_]-[aMsT3r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by PsYcH0_]-[aMsT3r »

Rep i had a idea for enemys while search for stuff i could make on http://www.starwars.com (I dont go on there much :P). Something like those buzz droid in the beggining in space in Revenge of the Sith. But I wana if you do wana have one i wana mdoel it :P (It was my idea). http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/ ... index.html
YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YouJediJunkie »

As I told in the XSI forum, I've been a way. I still want to work on this project. :music:

(Just wanted to make sure. :lol: Sorry for the off-topicness.)
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Ok the jedi temple training simulator now uses 1 team, and 1 unit class. Very nice. The unit count multiplies too, and the unit type changes along with it etc etc. There is even a handy start/stop/reset button.

As I start to model a starship, I thought, "Hey someone's probably going to steal my ship when I'm not around!" But I then realized that I could use the same security as I used in the jedi master unlocking procedure to keep them out.

Theres a region called rs_access. On enter region, it gets the profile name of the person. If it's not my profile name, it will kill the person/detonate a grenade with push = 9999. I could even do thing like poison them or something xD. Whatever would work online though. Now you may ask, "well how do we keep someone from stealing someone else's identity?" The answer is that getProfileName does not get the GameSpy ID of the user. It gets the regular profile name (which IS NOT displayed online if you have a GSID). This means one could use the profile name as a "password" which nobody would know.

I don't know if we really need a buzz droid, I was just going to load some shipped sides, it'd be a whole lot easier; but thank you.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

RepSharpshooter wrote:Ok the jedi temple training simulator now uses 1 team, and 1 unit class. Very nice. The unit count multiplies too, and the unit type changes along with it etc etc. There is even a handy start/stop/reset button.

As I start to model a starship, I thought, "Hey someone's probably going to steal my ship when I'm not around!" But I then realized that I could use the same security as I used in the jedi master unlocking procedure to keep them out.

Theres a region called rs_access. On enter region, it gets the profile name of the person. If it's not my profile name, it will kill the person/detonate a grenade with push = 9999. I could even do thing like poison them or something xD. Whatever would work online though. Now you may ask, "well how do we keep someone from stealing someone else's identity?" The answer is that getProfileName does not get the GameSpy ID of the user. It gets the regular profile name (which IS NOT displayed online if you have a GSID). This means one could use the profile name as a "password" which nobody would know.

I don't know if we really need a buzz droid, I was just going to load some shipped sides, it'd be a whole lot easier; but thank you.
:D :D :D

Wow. I probably shouldn't interrupt you guys - but I just have to say that that's amazing. Starship security xD
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Hey, if I added my own Personal Starship, would you be willing to add a security system for it for me? (or tell me what to put in ZE, so you only have to worry about script stuff)
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

Why don't you just use a garage? Whenever someone with your profilname stands infront of it, a small ZE Object animation starts and opens it. Would be much nicer than killing the poor guy...maybe he just wanted to walk along the way where your vehicle stands? :lol:

Though that garage idea needs much place on the map and also goes on the object limit... :?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Okay, I'm in M1 and M3 :)

I'm working on a transport flyer, no weapon.. There'll be some sort of hangar in my section, and some other cool things..
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

MandeRek wrote:Okay, I'm in M1 and M3 :)
Dohnutt wrote:I'll be with Xavious and Hebes, M3 :)
:o
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Hebes24 wrote:I'll take Lot M1.
:?
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Go for M4
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Let's keep Lot discussion to the How to Get started topic. Anyway, it is as follows:
Hebes M1
Dohnutt M3
Xavious M2
MandeRek N1-2

*moving back to the DMI Plan topic*

I jotted some things down last night, looks like we'll need a hospital and a store too. For ammo and health. I'll also make some stock buildings to fill up any space left behind by people who don't finish. We could also use wampas as wild animals.
YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YouJediJunkie »

Okay, I can do the store. Me and MasterSkywalker have been brain-storming about what our house could be, and we haven't got something. A store would be nice. :clone:
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

For the Hospital, you could add guns that only can hurt armed people, so then the armed people's goal could be storming the hospital. :P

I'm not quite sure what to make/use yet. I guess I could have a fast food restaurant... Does it have to be Star Wars related inside? :mrgreen:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Just a suggestion, but I think we should have G1 and G2 a Gametoast/ Guru Park, like a tribute to gt, a fancy little park to walk around in.