.GLM to .3DO is possible??

General and modding discussion for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

Moderator: Moderators

Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

.GLM to .3DO is possible??

Post by Deviss »

hello i haven't installed the jedi outcast yet for this i ask this having the milkshape 3d:
if i convert the .glm format (jedi academy) to .3do format (jedi outcast) using this program the new file .3do gotten will wok on jedi outcast??

MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: .GLM to .3DO is possible??

Post by MercuryNoodles »

No, no, no. Both games use the Ghoul2 (.glm) format. The only difference, as I recall, was that JKA models have the bones set for both hands to use lightsabers fully instead of just one as was done with Outcast. Any JKA model should work just fine in Jedi Outcast. Any JO model you put in JA will work, but will not be able to properly do things like the kata.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

DEVISS-REX wrote:hello i haven't installed the jedi outcast yet for this i ask this having the milkshape 3d:
if i convert the .glm format (jedi academy) to .3do format (jedi outcast) using this program the new file .3do gotten will wok on jedi outcast??

Jedi Outcast doesn't use .3do -- Jedi Knight does. But it's a completely different format. Whereas GLM uses bones 3DO uses a really old hierarchical format --> basically it's a bunch of models put together to look like a body, then there's an animation set that moves those.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

i understand but the models work in the game for 5 seconds :x and then the game is closed
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

That's a vague statement, from my perspective. It could be a bug in Milkshape, it could be that you're required to do something more to the model before export, or it could even be a problem with how you setup the new model to be used by the game.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

It's a totally different system, and Jedi Knight is an ancient game that can't handle lots of polygons. The MOST you could do is have a "static" model. A pre-posed model that doesn't ever move, saved as a prop. If you're trying to put a Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy player models into Jedi Knight, it will never happen. Period. Instead I suggest going to http://www.jkhub.net and downloading JEDI KNIGHT: Enhanced. <<--Click there.