How do i unlock things?

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

deathmaster

How do i unlock things?

Post by deathmaster »

In notepad, what lines and words do i change in order to unlock something. Like one of those shipes that you can see, but say "Not avalible in the demo"?
dreadlordnyax

RE: How do i unlock things?

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i've been trying to do this too (but in xml), specifically the marauder and corellian boat thing. i've run across several things which looked like they might do it, but i tried them all to no avail.

Edit: ah, figured it out. looking at other people's mod's helps ;)

It's somewhat complicated, so i'm just gonna walk you through what you would need to do to add the corelliangunboat.

ok, first thing you need to do is find the line with:

Code: Select all

<SpaceUnit Name="Corellian_Gunboat_Death_Clone">
by pressing [ctrl + f] and typing that in.
(i hope there's only one line with that)
it should be followed by some speed, fx, etc...
scroll down until you see the

</SpaceUnit>
it should be ~10-15 lines later

after that paste:

<SpaceUnit Name="R_Corellian_Gunboat"> 
<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Corellian_Gunboat</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> 
  <Affiliation>Rebel</Affiliation> 
  <Build_Tab_Space_Units>Yes</Build_Tab_Space_Units> 
  </SpaceUnit>

then, you need to do a search for, hm, i'm not really sure, try

<Event Name="Demo_Campaign_Lock_Out_INVASION">
if you're at the right place, it should be revealing the three planets in the demo campaign below that, and then looking at hoth. (note that you may need to search upwards)
anyways, once you found that line, paste this right above it:

<Event Name="Remove_Corellian_Gunboat">
  <Event_Type>STORY_TRIGGER</Event_Type> 
  <Reward_Type>BUILDABLE_UNIT</Reward_Type> 
  <Reward_Param1>R_Corellian_Gunboat</Reward_Param1> 
  <Reward_Param2>Corellian_Gunboat</Reward_Param2> 
  <Prereq>Universal_Story_Start</Prereq> 
  </Event>
  <Event Name="Unlock_Corellian_Gunboat">
  <Event_Type>STORY_TRIGGER</Event_Type> 
  <Reward_Type>BUILDABLE_UNIT</Reward_Type> 
  <Reward_Param1>RCorellian_Gunboat</Reward_Param1> 
  <Prereq>Universal_Story_Start</Prereq> 
  </Event>

and hopefully that'll work! one thing to note, whenver i tried to quit the campaign, it gives one of those error messages, and i cant play anymore, but it doesn't really matter cuz if you're hitting quit your done anyways :)
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

THanks, and will this work for other ships too?
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

Dang, whenever i edit anything, not matter what it is, it gives tme this error message, "runtime error c++" any idea what i am doing wrong?
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i dunno, got that error too, so i had to switch to xml. there was a link to a site with the config.meg file extracted into a bunch of xml files, so that's what i use.

edit: ah, here it is: http://www.understorm.net/dump/Config.rar
you'll need winrar to extract it, obviously. just put the xml folder in your eaw demo/gamedata/data folder, and you're good to go. no need to worry about filesize, either.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

sweet, i am trying it out now. thanks

Oh ya, is there any way of knowing that its working before i do al that stuff agian?
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

uh, well, just open campaigns_singleplayer, search for "demo camp", change the rebels starting cash (you may need to go to view>source), make sure you save it, then try it out and see if the rebels have more cash.

btw, since it splits it up into many files, rather than searching, you'll need to add the first code to the spaceunitscorvettes file (right after the corelliangunboatdeathclone, not sure if location is important), and add the second set of code to story_sandbox_demo_rebel file.