EaW meg. file extractor

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

phildo

EaW meg. file extractor

Post by phildo »

Utility for extracting files from the EaW demo .meg files.

http://www.renevo.com/index.php?showtopic=2930

lucas arts deleted the topic about this in thier fourms so that means it must be good :D
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: EaW meg. file extractor

Post by Leviathan »

Thanks for having shared this information with us, phil' !...
Besides, I guess a few users have already got this tool, and that's why I'd like them to check what the Star Wars : Empire At War movies format is, since I've not downloaded EAW Demo yet...

Thanks in advance to all GameToast members who'll be able to provide an answer to this question !... :wink:
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Hmm, is there a way to extract the sounds using this tool? I can't seem to get it to do that.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Does any error occur while you're attempting to extract sound-tracks ? Or can't you simply find an option to pull out of the *.MEG files the sounds you'd like to get ?
In both cases, you should highly consult and launch searches on the web-site phildo has posted a link to...
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Soundtracks aren't a problem, it's the sounds, such as laser fire and explosions that I can't extract. I guess the author forgot to include SFX on the editor. Maybe he can build a newer version that has the FX folder included.
Kaos66

Post by Kaos66 »

tyler i dont think the .meg extractor is used for extracting sounds.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

yeah.......... bummer
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

On the other hand, maybe addressing a message to Dante about this missing feature would allow the extraction of sound files in Star Wars : Empire At War Extractor further releases ? (If there are takers, of course !...)
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Yeah, that would definitely be great! Could someone PM him or notify him for a future release? Thanks.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Such a request could be sent through Dante "Profile Page"... However, you'll have to create an account on his message-boards before being able to send him a P.M. or an e-mail...