EAW Demo!!!

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Alpha

EAW Demo!!!

Post by Alpha »

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/starwarsdemo/

They say it will come out the eighteenth of January, and it says that the release date is now the 16th of Feb. as opposed to the 7th.

Yay! A demo!
sh4d0wl0rd

RE: EAW Demo!!!

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

I also read these dates.
But why did you post this in the modding forum and not in the general one?
Kaos66

Post by Kaos66 »

wicked EAW demo :) :)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Guess well mod the demo too , lol. Thats great news.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

My bad. :p I was looking ata topic in the modding forum when I noticed the demo article and hit new topic. My mistake.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

guru, I remember having read somewhere that Star Wars : Empire At War Demo might be protected from modding's attempts... If I'm not wrong, that information has been posted on Petroglyph Fan-Forums... :?
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

Lol guru,

Unfortunately it's not just legal protection, Petroglyph Devs have warned that the Demo will not be protected, but "In no condition for modding", saying that even if you try, you probably wont be able to have any success.
Rrass

Post by Rrass »

well....i geuss it will be HARDER for us to mad lol...we will still mod it in sum way i can garuntee :D...lol
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

Well, i'ts fully inderstandable. Otherwise, people can just D/L the demo, and then get the maps from a friend, which of course is quite illegal. but there is another solution, one can D/L the demo and then install the mod maps, making it usless to buy the game.
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

Alright, according to a post over on the new Petroglyph Fan Forums (here) Activision Germany has sent out an e-mail reporting that the demo is going to be sized at 750 MB.

This seems to go hand in hand with the other rumours that the demo will include 5 tutorials and one mission scenario.