GT Mappack 4 Competition

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Ah hell. Know the directions are clear enough but rather be sure than not.

I had released this map as a beta and its held a rather small crowd, it was quite a while ago. Its been a very, very long time, and the map is extremely different (though layout remains the same, I've redone everything and added things like new lighting, animations, extremely different sides, new vehicles and units etc etc).

Is it alright for me to submit this version? If not I have a map in mind but like I said I'd much rather send in this one..
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

I doubt it. I had the same problem as you, and my Kamino (jeez I talk of it as it's a legend, which it's not at all) went down the drain. But if it weren't for that, I'd never get anymore prgress in my Mount Corona!

- EP-000782
hogger

Post by hogger »

i cant wait till my map is done!
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

The general idea was (and is) to get some new unseen content produced, this is one of the reasons why the "previously released beta" rule came into existence. It is also why we are striving to get people to use new and different locations, not just the usual ones from the films. Where possible we also want people to make new models and textures etc...

Ultimately we hope these maps will showcase the very best of GT mappers talents, ingenuity and innovativeness. A map that differs very little from some of the shipped ones may just not "cut the mustard" but we'll see.

So now you vaguely know why the beta rule is there I should confirm that yep PvtParts your previously released beta is not able to be entered, especially if it's been a beta release for a long time. Perhaps you could quickly apply some of your changes and new content to a new map, or edit your current map files to create a different location, environment etc... not easy to make a new map from existing files but hopefully it'll give you a head start in the right direction :wink: :)

Don't forget guys, the ones you don't enter for the competition we'd still like to see! :)
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Title: Thyferra- Bacta Plant
Planet: Thyferra
Location: A bacta production facility. In addition to being a very large experimental factory producing bacta, it also boasts a military base to help keep the place secure in case of an attack.

It's like 5% done...and that pretty much means I've placed a bajillion objects in ZE to see what they look like, and I know what it's gonna be like. :P
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Well I can guarantee that nothing in my maps is anywhere at all similar to the shipped ones (save for the textures and models that are used for the worlds).

Every single effect from weapon discharge, impacts, explosions, trails, etc is redone to a new standard. Sides are totally redone, weapons are accurate (quite similar to Majin's stuff, though 99.99% of it is original work from me - I have used like the sbd odf for scaling stuff and his e5s sniper for e5s spread/accuracy setup). Vehicles work differently (boost is now a '4th' gear so to speak). And of course the maps themselves are a lot different than anything in the shipped stuff.

Anyways, I guess I'll be going with the EXP, its a fun (because of the story behind it, its a simple 3 cp deathmatch of sorts, not very complex or 'cool' when it comes to the mapping side of things) map, and like I said you get to use republic gunships and those are a blast.

So,

Title: Dev-Training: Stn. C/ln
Environment: Virtual Training Habitat (VTH) - sorta geonosis now, might change
Location: Standard Clone Training Half of the VTH (other half is ARC)
Current Progress: 98% done. Tweak some things, polish up the Acclamator anims, possibly go from geo environment to a more general deserty-geo mix. Also add flyer splines Ai flyers are broken.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

Name: (ML) Kashyyyk
Planet : Kashyyyk
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by crazytieguy »

OK: I'm thinking that I'm *probably* going to do Aeten II: Battle of Dreighton. I'm not positive I'm going to have enough time to finish, but I'll try. I have some good ideas, though...
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I'm anticipating this day ^^
Galactic_Marine
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Galactic_Marine »

Name: Mon Calamari: Battle of Dac
Planet: Mon Calamari
Percent Complete: 75%
Rik_Jinn

Re: GT Mappack 4 Competition

Post by Rik_Jinn »

CarbineImpulse wrote: Rik_Jinn - Ord Cestus - X'Ting City
Actualy its not Rik_Jinn who enters the map but }{mS thats the name and uhm its Ord Cestus: The Cestus Deception :lol: Please change that thank you
CarbineImpulse

RE: Re: GT Mappack 4 Competition

Post by CarbineImpulse »

LOL, not a prob, the only info I had was what you put in you post :wink:
Rik_Jinn wrote:Name: Ord Cestus
Planet: Ord Cestus

It's a map based on what I think the planet Ord Cestus is like. It's not made up by me it's from a book: The Cestus Deception. It will be awesome with cool sides and stuff
Rik_Jinn

RE: Re: GT Mappack 4 Competition

Post by Rik_Jinn »

Oh thanks you already did it :D cool thanks mate
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote:Title: The Madness Factory
Planet: The Chaos Realm (same planet Realm of Chaos and Ultimate Cage Map are featured on)
Current Status: 3% (Beginning Zeroedit Work)
Update:
Map Title: "Madness Incorporated"
Planet: The Chaos Realm (same planet Realm of Chaos and Ultimate Cage Map are featured on)
Current Status: 4% (Beginning Zeroedit Work)
Brief Descript: This map is meant to be the prelude to the war in the Realm of Chaos map. This map is basically where all the super weapons come from. You can leave the rest up to your imagination.
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Post by MasterSkywalker »

Name: Geonosis: Mission Zero
Planet: Geonosis
Gamemodes: Campaign (34% finished), Conquest (78% finished) and Team Deathmatch (Jedi vs CIS, 70% finished)

- Soul
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Darn, I wanna help, but I have loads o' problems with my Mod tools these days.
[SBF]ATATFIGHTR
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by [SBF]ATATFIGHTR »

Title: Muunilinst: Banking Clan City
Planet: Muunilinst
Gamemodes:
Conquest - 60%,
Capture the Flag - 40%,
Jedi Assault - 40%,
Hunt - 5%.
Last edited by [SBF]ATATFIGHTR on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

Can you work on a map that you've shown a few pics to the public, but never released? I want to add my Geonosis map if that is okay... If it is I'll post the info later.... :wink:
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, just as long as it hasn't been released as a public beta. Gogie's using his Star Forge map, so...
EGG_GUTS
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by EGG_GUTS »

I have one map I'm working on but it's just for fun. I might add it if it looks up to anything.