Guides for beginner ? New to modding

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

SilverCleaver
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Guides for beginner ? New to modding

Post by SilverCleaver »

Hi everyone. I apologize up in front if this is the wrong section to post a topic.

I am completely new to modding (also in love with SWBF2 :D )and need basic guidelines as to what tools to use for modding,eg. adding things as kama, pauldrons, backpacks to existing troopers from the game, texturing etc etc.

I checked some guides before registering here, but as a total beginner it´s science fiction to me.
But, I am willing to learn albeit, very streched thin with my spare time.

I got Frosty Editor, Blender, and Gimp as tools. Would you recommned any simpler tools instead of Blender if there are any, if not, I´ll try me best to learn.

Please no mean responses, as this is the only place where I found anything related to beginner modding for SWBF2 (2017) :cry: :(
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Guides for beginner ? New to modding

Post by Marth8880 »

Welcome to Gametoast!

These forums are for modding the original Battlefront games, not the new ones. I'm not personally too sure where you can find resources for modding the new ones, though Mod DB might be a good shout. :)