Mimban: Imperial Defense

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Mimban: Imperial Defense

Post by kiprobin »

The swamp planet Mimban has decided to resist Imperial conquest and now faces the might of the Imperial Army and the 224th Imperial Armored Division. Unbeknownst to the Empire, however, the Mimbanese Liberation Army has recruited the assistance of the Rebel Alliance. Faced with an embarrassing defeat, theEmpire must hold its ground until reinforcements arrive to push back the insurrectionists.

Welcome to this, my fifth map in my Trench War map series. This time we travel to Mimban, the trench ridden battlefield seen in Solo: a Star Wars Story. As far as I know, it is the first time someone has attempted it in SWBF2. Gameplay vid: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noF38ubi83s[/youtube]

download link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-war/a ... al-defense

After this I'm going to update Lothal using my new found side editing skills, as well as some other stuff. After that, you get to decide what's next. Below is a link to a google poll where you can vote on what map you want to see. The choices are Lah'mu, Thule, and Jedha.

Google poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SF1ozy ... 1nBvo/edit

Key features:

-Custom Sides (yes yes yes I know the swamptroopers don't look movie accurate but it's my first time side editing ok?), including custom units, weapons, and some sounds

-Custom Vehicles

-Play as swamptrooper Han fighting on behalf of the Empire, or as the Mimbanese Liberation Army and the liberated Chewbacca opposing them

Known bugs:

-some flickering objects, including athaulers. most likely due to high object count, so no much i can do

-there are still floating weapon icons for the rebels side. I fixed them for the empire, but it didnt work for rebels. maybe I'll go back and fix later, maybe not, idk)

-ywing turret sounds as always

-if you spawn in at the kwing, you sometimes get trapped under the wing. you can easily escape by entering then exiting the kwing, and while the ai will get stuck there for a while, they'll eventually escape unharmed when the kwing takes off

-some ai, especially imperials, sometimes just stand there and do nothing. i tried optimizing planning, to no avail, but rest assured that there are still plenty of active ai for an intense battle

-based on the feedback i received from Lothal, i suspect this doesnt work with Harrisonfog's side mod. I havent tested it, but i would be very surprised if it didnt cause a crash

As always, I will release all the custom assets that I personally made later on today. Also, the credits are quite long this time, so if by chance I missed someone, please let me know so I can immediately fix it

Credits:

Map author, large trench, athauler, muddy stormtrooper skin, ect.: kiprobin (me)
Conversion Pack Team: Hovernaut, kwing
Psych0fred: Rebel Combatspeeder proto, various assets
Giftheck, Pandemic, LucasArts, Free Radical: A280CFE, DLT-19D, Various Weapon sounds
angolandelegate, Free Radical/CorraAshu, Gistech, CodaRez, RepComm, [GT]Anakin: Clone Sandtrooper model i recolored to (kinda) look like swamptroopers
NoctisSpector, Gistech: e22 rifle
NoctisSpector, Ashura, S1thK3nny: DC17S Pistol
Giftheck, Sereja, LucasArts:ee-4 rifle
Giftheck, Free Radical, LucasArts, Sony Online Entertainment: RG4D pistol
Unit 33, Republic Commander / Republique Cmdr: Fall of Corellia assets (MLA Soldier skin)
Sereja: flamethrower, RT97C
Squeddies: watchtower, barbed wire, buildings, etc. (misc. assets)
Caleb1117, Iryni Forge: lockers, misc. assets
thelegend, Rends: Coruscant Modern Warfare assets (war table, misc. assets)
Rends: Coruscant Streets assets (small table, droid model, searchlight, misc. assets)
Designated Days Team, Pandemic, plus whoever made the scarif map whose source files i found them in (map author wasn't included in the readme, pls contact me if you know who it was and I will update it): Large imperial building assets
Seraja, Pandemic, tirpider: Rebel Captain models and textures
CressAlbane: Coruscant Skyline assets
MissingTexture, Pandemic/ Lucasarts, Star Wars: Force Arena, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Resistance trooper model used for MLA gunner
WhiskeyTangoFoxX, Pandemic: Imperial Officer and Imperial Army Rifleman models and skins
angolandelegate/bk2-modder
Sereja, Corra_Ashu, Free Radical - Lambda Shuttle Model
Wideboy: box assets
Jendo7, ARC_Commander, archer01, monsoontide, Saitek009, ]V[, AQT, Pinguin/Aman, Maveritchell, and Rends: Tatooine Outpost assets (boxes, misc.)
[GT]-Gogie, KeivanMereel, Harrisonfog, Eric Matyas, Triforce919, Mikethebeast, BattlefrontJDGamer, The photographers at burningwell.org, Jared @ SWgameoutpost.com, Youtube, Gametoast community – scarif starter kit assets (boxes, misc.). Link to scarif starterkit: Moddb.com
Sporadia: helping me increase the flamethrower's visual range
Pandemic – original models/textures

Big thanks to all those guys! Enjoy, and happy modding!
velocisniper
Private Recruit
Projects :: Jedha Last Stand and Jetpack Cargo
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 2005

Re: Mimban: Imperial Defense

Post by velocisniper »

Dude this is insane! I attempted this a long time ago and I could never do it. Great job!!!!