Lothal: Communications Tower

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Lothal: Communications Tower

Post by kiprobin »

After seizing the communications tower in the grassy plains outside of Lothal's Capital City, the Rebel Alliance comes under heavy fire from the Imperial war machine. Desperate to spread their message of hope throughout the galaxy, they must hold the tower at all costs.
Download Link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-war/a ... ions-tower
Hi all, here is the fourth map in my Trench War Series! It centers around the imperial communications tower as shown in Star Wars Rebels Season 1, Episode 12. It's a bit more linear than the last map, Wobani, but still has the cool, intense gameplay I always strive for. There is only limited cover on the platforms, as I was struggling to balance the aesthetics of getting the tower right and accurate to the show as best I could while also allowing for good gameplay. To install, simply extract the LT2 folder and put it into your addon folder. Gameplay vid:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gB6cjhO53E[/youtube]

Screenshots are under the images tab of the Trench War mod page

Cool features:

-Communications tower, platforms, and highway as seen in Star Wars Rebels

-Destroyable Gozanti class imperial frigates, as seen in the Rebels series

-The Ghost is a prop in the landing area at the base of the tower (both ghost and gozanti frigate made by warb_null, converted by AceMastermind, textured by me)

-2 non stock rebel vehicles, in the Hovernaut (SWBF2 Conversion Team) and the Combatspeeder proto (Psych0fred)

-I increased the AT-AT's health, because I hit the cp limit of 16 and in lieu of simply having more AT-AT's, which is impossible for the game to run, I simply increased their health to give them a more persistent presence on the battlefield

known bugs:

-still no sound on the ywing turret. no idea when/if I'll ever get that to work haha

-due to the large number of ai, some (especially imps) often stop moving/fighting/doing anything, most notably in the empty area not too far from the empire's main starting cp in the grass. This only happens to a few of the hundreds of ai though, so the battle intensity isn't greatly affected

-some flickering objects, due to size and high object count

-no explosion for when you destroy the gozanti frigates, and also the health bar of it is often hard to see unless you look from the exact right angle. Two of the turrets on the gozanti's dont work for some reason, but each frigate has 6 turrets, so hopefully it isn't too big of a deal

-the cut off for the edge of the map looks quite off when flying very high up; this is mostly due the finite terrain size swbf2 has, though in future updates I may be able to improve the appearance slightly.

As always when I make my own custom assets, they will be released for modders to use freely, so my tower, platforms, highway, etc., will be released later today. Also, feel free to comment ideas/suggestions/constructive criticism, etc. I always love receiving feedback, positive or negative. Bugs, balancing, etc. is also helpful for me in making it better. On a smaller not, when I released cw wobani a while ago, it didnt move the mod page to the top of the list (which normally happens when something is updated or added), and as a result comparatively few people saw it. So for those who haven't heard, CW Wobani is out, under the addon tab of the Trench War mod page.

Up next, Mimban, from Solo

Credits:

Map author, lothal tower/highway/platforms, ect.: kiprobin (me)
Conversion Pack Team: Hovernaut
Psych0fred: Rebel Combatspeeder proto, various assets
Sereja, Corra_Ashu, Free Radical - Lambda Shuttle Model
Wideboy: box assets
Lord_Bandu: Dantooine Grass
Warb_Null: Ghost and Gozanti freighter assets, converted by AceMastermind, retextured by me
Jendo7, ARC_Commander, archer01, monsoontide, Saitek009, ]V[, AQT, Pinguin/Aman, Maveritchell, and Rends: Tatooine Outpost assets (boxes, misc.)
[GT]-Gogie, KeivanMereel, Harrisonfog, Eric Matyas, Triforce919, Mikethebeast, BattlefrontJDGamer, The photographers at burningwell.org, Jared @ SWgameoutpost.com, Youtube, Gametoast community – scarif starter kit assets (shuttle, boxes, misc.). Link to scarif starterkit: Moddb.com
Pandemic – original models/textures
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: Lothal: Communications Tower

Post by Teancum »

Very cool. I always thought Lothal would make a great Battlefront map. I'll be checking this one out!
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Re: Lothal: Communications Tower

Post by kiprobin »

Just released a 1.3 update, with lots of new vehicles, units, heroes, and other changes. For details and download, feel free to check it out here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/trench-war/d ... r-13-final