Terrain height issue

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

twinchaka
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Terrain height issue

Post by twinchaka »

I am currently creating a mod map, but am having a slight issue with editing the terrain height in ZeroEditor. I have been trying to make a hill with smooth(ish) edges. It looks fine in ZE, but when I munge the world, and enter it in-game, the terrain isn't exactly how I had it in ZE. It is similar, but there are small differences, and definitely doesn't reflect the smooth edges I made using the blending tool for height. It is much more jagged appearing. And yes, my world size is the default 128x128, so it shouldn't be a size issue. Any help would be appreciated!
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Terrain height issue

Post by kiprobin »

Unfortunately small discrepancies are inevitable with ZE. whenever I have this happen, make some blatant, obvious terrain chance and munge, and see how the alterations are reflected exactly in game. Also, if you want consistent albeit less interesting hills, you can use the "raise" tool and select "cone" with max size