Ventress lightsaber ODF (xbox dlc version)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Sporadia
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently
Games I'm Playing :: None
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Ventress lightsaber ODF (xbox dlc version)

Post by Sporadia »

For people who have used the Ventress animations from the xbox dlc (these ones). What firepoints did you use in the lightsaber odf? Did you have to make a new msh for the second lightsaber geometry, or did you rename a stock one? I've looked at the model's skeleton in xsi and I still can't figure out how to make both weapons appear in the correct place. (The combo I'm using is a WIP so that may be part of my problem. But if I know what I'm supposed to do in the odf that would help me move on).

Edit: It looks like I can get one of them working with "hp_fire". Which is not what I expected because that's a point on the weapon, not on the character model.
It also looks like the second name in OffhandFirePointName("hp_fire" "hp_weapons") is a point on Ventress' model that "hp_fire" is moved to. So I can get them upside down but in about the right place with OffhandFirePointName("hp_fire" "hp_b_chuck") and OffhandFirePointName("hp_fire" "hp_f_chuck"). Do people make custom lightsaber meshes to fit this or am I approaching this completely the wrong way?