All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Post by Teancum »

Nope, still locked in at 500
cbadal
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2

Post by cbadal »

RedHardcore wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:31 pm
Has anyone managed to remove the 500 mission limit in 2021, or is there such mod that exists? I've probably asked this years ago. Thought I'd ask again in 2021.
The DLC mission limit on PC is ~500.
The DLC mission limit on Xbox is ~63.

Technically, the alternate addon system that I wrote for the console versions could be used to get around this limit on PC as well (since it adds missions to the base mission.lvl).
But 500 is pretty good and I wouldn't expect PC modders to target the alt addon system.

https://github.com/BAD-AL/SWBFII_Alt_Addon_System
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

cbadal wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:14 am

Technically, the alternate addon system that I wrote for the console versions could be used to get around this limit on PC as well (since it adds missions to the base mission.lvl).
But 500 is pretty good and I wouldn't expect PC modders to target the alt addon system.

When I replaced the pc mission.lvl with the mission.lvl in that folder, stock maps stopped working, but mod maps continued to work. Also, this mission.lvl is almost half the size of the pc mission.lvl.

I have yet to test putting excessive maps into my addon folder.

Edit: Game Crashes on boot when I intentionally add too many map mods to the addon folder. This mod would need to be optimized for the PC version (if anyone ever decides to do that).

Edit 2: I can't find any reference to the mission limit on the PC mission.lvl when I look at the hex editor. If there's any pc modder that's willing to help, that would be nice. In the meantime, i'll stick with my multiple addon folder setup.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

the mission limit is hard coded in the game's exe, nothing about it will be found in any LVL files
cbadal
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2

Post by cbadal »

RedHardcore wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:54 pm
cbadal wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:14 am

When I replaced the pc mission.lvl with the mission.lvl in that folder, stock maps stopped working, but mod maps continued to work. Also, this mission.lvl is almost half the size of the pc mission.lvl.

I have yet to test putting excessive maps into my addon folder.

Edit: Game Crashes on boot when I intentionally add too many map mods to the addon folder. This mod would need to be optimized for the PC version (if anyone ever decides to do that).

Edit 2: I can't find any reference to the mission limit on the PC mission.lvl when I look at the hex editor. If there's any pc modder that's willing to help, that would be nice. In the meantime, i'll stick with my multiple addon folder setup.
If you wanted to use the alt addon system on PC, the mods would need to target the alt addon system (with a re-write of addme.script and the mission files and a new placement).

The alt addon system doesn't use the 'AddDownloadableContent()' call to add the missions to the game.

If you're interested in learning more about the alt addon system and what would be needed to make things work on PC, go ahead and reach out to me on Discord (@BAD_AL).
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by kiprobin »

Could anyone add a lowrez to the hoth mortar turret msh? I added it in XSI, along with lowrez models for a bunch of other stuff, but it kept crashing when I tried to export the hoth mortar turret
TestingMods
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by TestingMods »

Can someone tell me how to delete the Space Maps from the instant action? Or maybe how I can rename them so they are below all Ground maps?

Also, can someone help with replacing all CIS heroes with Darth Maul, all Republic heroes with Obiwan, all Empire heroes with Darth Vader and all Rebel heroes with Luke Skywalker? Or maybe if it's easier, randomize the heroes you get on every map?
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

That's... quite a bit. Let's break this down...
TestingMods wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 am
Can someone tell me how to delete the Space Maps from the instant action? Or maybe how I can rename them so they are below all Ground maps?
Not possible without breaking most other mods.
TestingMods wrote:
Also, can someone help with replacing all CIS heroes with Darth Maul, all Republic heroes with Obiwan, all Empire heroes with Darth Vader and all Rebel heroes with Luke Skywalker?
For that I would suggest you read this and this.
TestingMods wrote:
Or maybe if it's easier, randomize the heroes you get on every map?
Believe it or not, this is actually the more complicated option. By a lot. However there is a tutorial for that as well.
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by kiprobin »

For the point about turning all heroes for a side into just maul, or just obiwan or whatever, I would just make a side mod with the stock sides, then go to jango fett's odf and replace it's contents with maul's odf contents, then do the same for dooku's odf, etc. Then when the game tries to load jango's odf or dooku's, it will load maul instead. Just do that for all the heroes. Then you can just install it like any side mod.

That's just how I would do it.
PixySoloWing

Post by PixySoloWing »

Are there any in-depth tutorials out there for replacing models that use the same filename as the stock ones? Something akin to the improved sides mod to save on space? I've attempted it and even hex edited some models but my units are still using the base model and textures.

Edit: nvm all I had to do was clean and remunge