2142 Beta Update and Highway Tampa Now Out

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

What did u think of it?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Loved it!
100%
Liked it.
No votes
Meh...
No votes
Didn't like it.
No votes
Hated it!
No votes

Total votes: 2
OGEB1103

2142 Beta Update and Highway Tampa Now Out

Post by OGEB1103 »

EA wrote:2142 Beta Update and Highway Tampa Now Out

The future Highway Tampa is here! Download the 2142 version of the newest Battlefield map brought to you by Intel and EA DICE then jump into the 1.4 beta. Featuring Titan and Dual Assault Lines this map focuses on classic Battlefield vehicle warfare with a futuristic twist. In Dual Assault lines each team can capture the enemies’ home base by controlling all of the neutral points. Whether you choose to skillfully coordinate your mechanized assault or dominate through overwhelming force Highway Tampa is the newest home of all out warfare.

The Battlefield 2142 1.4 beta update includes the following changes:

- Fixed an exploit that would allow commanders to call Orbital and EMP strikes before it had fully recharged.
- The Clark RDX Shotgun can now detonate other nearby explosives.
- EU Assault Rifle recoil and deviation have been slightly reduced.
- Bianchi and Shuko LMGs recoil reduced.
- Clark Shotgun rate of fire increased.
- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b ... ryid=13675

I've tried it, the kit saves are a bit glitchy, it only seems to remember weapons and squad leaders unlocks on some. Hopefully they'll get that sorted for the full patch. The new map is wicked, in titan mode u now have 2 gunships each, and in double assualt lines, u have 1 gunship and 2 transports in your main base. Not to mention a LOAD of vehciles, including an outpost for each team that is linked to the main base; another tank, apc and speeder! I'd reckon this is a pretty cool map for vehicles, especially the gunship. So Chris, i'm expecting you to DL it pronto!
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chris165 »

So Chris, i'm expecting you to DL it pronto!
LoL, it looks like it's appointed to me :D

Or are there anyone else that's playing 2142 at the moment except me and OGEB :? Cause I see no one in it.
timusafa

Post by timusafa »

yeah, i play 2142 a bunch, not in about 2 weeks but i'm getting back into it. My soldier is timusafa and my xfire is... well, its on the side.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Guys add me to your buddy list. I'm GTDeathRow (forgot to put the GT in Clan Tag).

Bout the patch, I havent patched yet because everyone is still playing 1.25 :)
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

I've just got back into 2142 again, and will be playing a lot more now. Looks like it's a lot less laggy than it has been recently. doesn't really help that my comp is $%!% though. Probably gonna download this today, along with northern strike.

@DDR: i'll add you when i next play.
rebel_scum

Post by rebel_scum »

I have had a PB kick me from every server without any error or anything problem for over 2 months, and recently i am able to jion some servers, but still some i cant join. So ill be playing it quite a bit more, in fact im leaving SWBF modding (been a good 3+ years tho) and hoping to move to 2142. Add me if ya wish, its ' Urugula ' (everyother name i wanted was taken, its an inside joke tho :P)

Unfo my PC suxxorz way to much to handle anything but Camp G, Cerebre, Fall of Berlin, and Tunis so i doudt ill ever play Highway Tampa :(
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Chris165 »

Also, I'm trying to get my TS server up...... It works only through LAN at this time so I still have to fix that. Until then, we need to use eclipticalrealms TS server for the moment

@ Timusafa, I tried to add you, but I can't find you on the BF2142 search button.
timusafa

Post by timusafa »

TS or ventrilo? Just tell me the info I need to get on the server.