How do you use RAR files? [Solved]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

(GT)superfobio

How do you use RAR files? [Solved]

Post by (GT)superfobio »

i don't know if there is another topic about this(if there is 1 plz post a link)but how do you use RAR files if your version is the DVD everyone tells me stuff that makes no sense or about something i dont have plz help
Yocki

RE: How

Post by Yocki »

rar files are just like zip files... you need winrar to unrar the files. google for winrar and download the program.
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

i have winrar and that wasn't very helpful it wasn't detailed at all
Squirrel7Hunter

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

ok when u have winrar open, Its gonna have a list of I think yur harddrives, go to where ever you downloaded the rar file ( a map) select the rar file and then near the top, theres a button that says "extract to" click on it and press enter, or Ok and it should turn it into a normal folder,
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

finally someone makes sense ty i'll try it :)
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

extract to where
Squirrel7Hunter

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

anywhere u want it, then just move the folder to your addon folder, if its a map, what is the file your extracting?
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

Squirrel7Hunter wrote:anywhere u want it, then just move the folder to your addon folder, if its a map, what is the file your extracting?
geonosis childs play or ren var starport
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

it worked TY to infinaty
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

you ca also set rar fils to open with winrar so you can justdouble click the rar, it will open, click extract then ok and it should make a regular folder with the same name of the rar file with all the stuff in it
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

ok