Any expert modelers out there?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

froshthewookie

Any expert modelers out there?

Post by froshthewookie »

Hey... I would like some models made, if at all possible... I'm not really sure how difficult this would be since I've never modeled before...

1. Could someone make a Qui Gon model? Ki-Adi-Mundi has a ponytail, so his head may be a good one to use... maybe make a piece of cloth for his hair, to get it to move freely... I dunno...

2. This would be AWESOME... Anyone interested in making a Bantha that can be ridable (like the Tauntauns..)?

Thanks... Frosh!
Alex533

RE: Any expert modelers out there?

Post by Alex533 »

Dont you think Ki Adi's head is a bit large for quigon?
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

Hmmm... Guess I never really thought of that...

Oh well... What I really want is the Bantha model... that would make my day!
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

I was thinking... If someone could mod the AT-TE skeleton, take off 2 legs and the gun on top, then reskin and remodel it a little, we could make a Dewback... Modify that a little, add hair, reskin, we could make a Bantha... Another option would be to make the thing that Obi-Wan rode on in Ep III (Of course we'd have to add some animations for death...)

Anyone up for the challenge?
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

dude you CANT reskin an ATTE to look like a bantha, for one, reskinning models only changes thier color, not thier shape, and secondly you cant scale it down because the skeleton would stretch it right back out again.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

oh... I've never messed with 3d models so I didn't know that... sorry...
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

There's a reason we JUST recently got the first costum model in-game.... :roll: and Asajj didn't have Costum Animations, but don't you think that idea would've been there if it WAS possible? :P
MasterYoda91

Post by MasterYoda91 »

I think its possible to make a new model from scratch, maybe with 3DSMax? On SaturnLabs theyve made loads of stuff, some must be made from scratch, like the flying armchair for example.
Krun

Post by Krun »

You can make models in 3ds max, Gmax, etc... you'll just need a method to convert them to .msh format. You can use Milkshape3d and Bconstructor right now to do that, but currently there is no plugin for XSI Mod tools which you can build models in and export directly to .msh format.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

hmmm... darn....
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

ive built a couple of new models so far but i havnt made any unit animations yet. asajj might not see any because the model doesnt work right because the poly flow is f'ed from having to cut the polycount in half so it would work. i was thinkin of doing a gray fox (cyberninja) model, it aint SW but hes too awesome, maybe hell get custom animations since he wields his sword backhanded. you guys really are kinda limiting yourself, any model is possible to make if you know what your doing!