Space Geonosis (version 0.55 beta)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I'm glad you guys like it! I have a few more bugs to fix, and I'm turning it over Schizo.

Post by Guest »

Yep... I downloaded map. FANTASTIC! :) :) :)
Teancum
thanks for first space map!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, when I can figure out what's wrong I will fix the HUD in Assault mode. I'm also in the process of fixing CTF.
OOM-911

Post by OOM-911 »

i found the map excalent

plenty of cap ships

mabe arm the rest of the caps but its a superb map none the less

Post by Guest »

Teancum
may you create acclamator-base ship and tf battleship-base? And is possible or not?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

*sigh*

No acclamator, no battleship base. I don't know how to model them.

As far as the map layout goes, what you see is what it will always look like, unless Schizo changes it later.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Current Worklog -- all items are final:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Space Geonosis
-Clones are Ep II Style

Modes:
-1-Flag CTF
-Assault

Worklog:
-Fix capital ship HUDs
-Make sure Ep II vehicles have all FX working
-Make sure Ep II vehicles sounds are working (perhaps copy from Ep III vehicles?)
-Add third class to each team (both gametypes)
----REP - ARC Commander (unlock @ 35 points) - Rifle, Rocket Launcher // Detpacks, Frag Grenades
----CIS - Droid Commander (unlock @ 35 points) - Rifle, Rocket Launcher // Detpacks, Frag Grenades
-Space Debris and Asteroids not showing in-game? (fix)
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

Wow just wow. I must complement you, very nice. I love it. It brings back mermories of SWBF 1.
Just one suggestion:
the Droid Control Ships should be somewhat bigger and is it possible to give them hangers?
just something to think about.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I wish we could give them hangars. They're just Pandemic's models, so someone would either have to edit the models or make new ones to do hangars.
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

oh ok
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

But would it be possible, with a little editing, to make them destructible and give them autoturrets? Also, I think the CIS frigates should be closer to the action in this map.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Wadi, making star-ships like "Lucrehulk-class" Transport destructible would involve both a certain time spent to design the appropriate explosion effects, and equally instability or crashes from Star Wars Battlefront II, since this game's "internal memory" is rather restricted, and may not allow stuffs like this one, especially if it is proportional to the real size of the Droid Control Ship...

Post by Guest »

Teancum
Offtopic: Is it possible - converting vehicles from other games (mods for games)?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Someone else can do it if they would like, but I do not have the time. Maybe Schizo will do it when I finish fixing bugs.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

I doubt I'll be trying to convert vehicles from other games, since I'm not all that knowledgable about it. But I do have some plans for the maps. From what I've seen, the map looks almost done. But I have some plans, such as tweaking the ships (Not drastically, but I have noticed that the Geonosian fighter as it is now just kinda... well... sucks. I'll see what I can do... maybe tweak either the lasers or the missles to balance it out). I also might work on the sky a bit. Maybe add some laser effects, ships, etc. We'll definitely need a lot of asteroids though. But not too much so as the bots don't keep crashing into them...
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Im getting "This file is either invalid or corrupted"

Anyone else?
Krun

Post by Krun »

JK514 wrote:Teancum
Offtopic: Is it possible - converting vehicles from other games (mods for games)?
JK514,
I have seen it done with maps from SWBF1 it really depends on what model and which game. You have to keep in mind that we have to abide by U.S. copyright law here in this forum. We are also subject to the EULA as per the game. You should take some time and read the EULA that came with your game so you will understand what can or cannot be done. The models I have seen converted were from much older games. You should consider doing a web search for 3d models first to see if someone has already made the model you are looking for. There are many sites on the web that have Star Wars 3d models you just need to make sure the model has a low enough poly count to work in SWBF1 or 2.
Tiger_Boy27

Post by Tiger_Boy27 »

Wow, very good space map! I especially liked the EP2 vehicles and such. The Geonosian fighter's lasers need to be sped up, because at the speed they are currently at it is impossible to intercept anything. Nice space battle overall, good to have something different in space!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : JK', as Krun suggested above, you can find and exploit Star Wars-related 3D models by looking at this Google results page...
Thus, you might be able to edit some of them through Softimage|XSI products, and once done, export them to the MeSH file-format thanks to Pandemic MSH Exporter, in order to be able to use these brand-new models in Star Wars Battlefront II... :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Updates (what will be in the next release):

-Asteroids!!!
-HUD bugs fixed
-An unlockable 'Commander' class for each team. (AI cannot use them) -- They're well equipped with a rifle, rocket launcher, detpacks and thermal detonators. Currently the unlock points needed are 20, but I'll probably up that to like 35 to keep gameplay balanced.