Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAWArtemis

Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by TAWArtemis »

Please provide feedback so I can make changes.

http://files.filefront.com/Kashyyk_Dock ... einfo.html

Also adding to DL section here at gametoast.

What works

1. Conquest - port of original - Port from original. No structural changes

I did not stick to original CP layout for other modes as they did not seem natural to the new game modes. Let me know what you think
2. Hero - aka eli, hero assult
3. 1flag - hard to get up that enemy dock?
3. ctf - easier than 1flag
4. Vehicles
5. Turrets - See below

Issues

1. Some vehicle sounds do not work. I did not see anything in the documentation on this any ideas?

2. I need feedback on spawnpaths and cps for Hero Assult, ctf1, and ctf2.

3. replaced old turrets with new, but they start unbuilt? Working on this. DId they start built in swbf1?

4. What final heros? I think chewbacca/bobba and obi/grievous. Yoda is too short and goes underwater.

5. Do the 2 spider walkers not spwan at the same time? Spawns may need to be 1 yard further apart.
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by Epena »

Pwnage. Downloading now!
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Pwnage. Downloading now!
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Well... only played Conquest in the Clone Wars (so far), but I just want to say that your theory about the Spider Walkers is true. I would suggest placing one on one side of the island... then the other on the other side. That would definitly avoid any and all problems.

The walking sound of the Spider Walker isn't there as well, but I think you were already aware of that. I'm sure someone can help you concerning that (maybe Derkie, since he did work on Geonosis).

Thats it for now. If I notice anything else... I'll amend this post or make a new reply (if someone makes another post before I can edit).
Last edited by Y2g2006 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by TAWArtemis »

Y2g2006 wrote:Well... only played Conquest in the Clone Wars, but I just want to say that your theory about the Spider Walkers is true. I would suggest placing one on one side of the island... then the other on the other side. That would definitly avoid any and all problems.

The walking sound of the Spider Walker isn't there as well, but I think you were already aware of that. I'm sure someone can help you concerning that (maybe Derkie, since he did work on Geonosis).

Thats it for now. If I notice anything else... I'll amend this post or make a new reply (if someone makes another post before I can edit).
I just found rends new thread on adding back missing sounds so I will work on that. I also notice that as soon as the spider takes about 2 steps the other one spawns. I will move the vehicle spawn back a few steps and I bet it works.

Keep the feedback comming
Y2g2006

RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by Y2g2006 »

This is a good one... I found it to be pretty funny.

The AI is unable to tell what layer the flag is on in Two Flag CTF (at least). They are in the top sniping tower... attempting to get the enemy flag... but what they don't know is the flag is under them!

Also... of the AI that do get on the right level/layer... some aren't able to make it over the little bump. I'll try to get screenshots of it next time. It was very odd.

EDIT: The AI really have no clue where they are going... I now had a team mate get the the flag in 1 flag CTF... and it just keeps running into everything and anything.

EDIT2: Dunno if its just me, but I started 1 flag CTF and my team already started off with 4 points. First time I scored, we won. Game lasted maybe 30 seconds, if that.
Last edited by Y2g2006 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

:Q________ *downloads*
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

@ Artemis -- I'd like to help you get XL and Hunt modes working when you have time. PM me sometime.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Well Done!

Great map, keep it up :D
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

PICS:

As you can see, the Bothan is near the flag, but isn't picking it up. Just maybe move the flag up a bit, so the bump in the terrain doesn't throw them off.

And if you look at the radar in the upper right... they have no idea where the flag is. Poor souls.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Great job so far! Lighting looks perfect. Here's some feedback.

- 1-flag didn't work for me. I spawn, and the score says 150 for each side, like it's setting up reinforcements for conquest.
- The fringe around the edges of the upper areas has white around it, almost like the alpha isn't working right. I remember BF1 having this issue too, but it was multicolored instead of white. Don't know if it's a solvable issue or not.
- The water is a little too mirror-like. If you can get the ripple effect going a little more and take just a bit of the reflection down, it'll probably hide the slightly-offset character reflection as well.
- 2-flag isn't set up the in the normal 2-flag format where the opponent's flag is sitting in your goal. That's fine I guess, I'm just not used to it. But, the previous posts are right, the AI don't ever grab their flag, so it's easy to win.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

squipple wrote:Great job so far! Lighting looks perfect. Here's some feedback.

- 1-flag didn't work for me. I spawn, and the score says 150 for each side, like it's setting up reinforcements for conquest.
- The fringe around the edges of the upper areas has white around it, almost like the alpha isn't working right. I remember BF1 having this issue too, but it was multicolored instead of white. Don't know if it's a solvable issue or not.
- The water is a little too mirror-like. If you can get the ripple effect going a little more and take just a bit of the reflection down, it'll probably hide the slightly-offset character reflection as well.
- 2-flag isn't set up the in the normal 2-flag format where the opponent's flag is sitting in your goal. That's fine I guess, I'm just not used to it. But, the previous posts are right, the AI don't ever grab their flag, so it's easy to win.
Yeah I was afraid of the AI issue. I did little on the ctf layer in the way of programming paths. i will look into it.

You are right. I was half asleep, do you like 2 flag that way? or should i chage it?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

well, I setted all my settings to high to test it. The map was great, sometimes see far objects in white though.
TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by TAWArtemis »

Y2g2006 wrote:This is a good one... I found it to be pretty funny.

The AI is unable to tell what layer the flag is on in Two Flag CTF (at least). They are in the top sniping tower... attempting to get the enemy flag... but what they don't know is the flag is under them!

Also... of the AI that do get on the right level/layer... some aren't able to make it over the little bump. I'll try to get screenshots of it next time. It was very odd.

EDIT: The AI really have no clue where they are going... I now had a team mate get the the flag in 1 flag CTF... and it just keeps running into everything and anything.

EDIT2: Dunno if its just me, but I started 1 flag CTF and my team already started off with 4 points. First time I scored, we won. Game lasted maybe 30 seconds, if that.
Wierd I had 1flag perfect when i tested it, but I made a few last minutes tweaks. Thanks for the info.
Y2g2006

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Beta

Post by Y2g2006 »

The one flag CTF deal might have been a different level (like it might have suppose to of been XL) I'm not sure. I will look into it when I get the chance to sit down and go over each individual level. That will probably be later today (Saturday). Right now I'm fixing to go to bed.

I'll give more details concerning that then. It did seem like XL might have accidently been made as a CTF level, which could be where the problems are.
ethannet

Post by ethannet »

Can you upload your map to gametoast or http://www.yousendit.com or http://www.savefile.com? My PC can't view filefront. Weird O_o
Jango_Fett_A
Lance Corporal

Post by Jango_Fett_A »

Awesome map! I just downloaded it and played it, i loved it :D I think that if the clones were epesode II it would be a little better though and if there were wookies to help the republic. Great map though!!!

~Jango
TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public Bet

Post by TAWArtemis »

ethannet wrote:Can you upload your map to gametoast or http://www.yousendit.com or http://www.savefile.com? My PC can't view filefront. Weird O_o
I did ask that the link be added to the download section but that probably does not help you.

I have trouble uploading to gametoast so it is just a link. Maybe an admin can add it here. I will arrange for the final version to be hosted here so if you miss the beta you should still get the final.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Release of Kashyyyk Docks Public

Post by Guest »

imho
Change Anakin to Yoda:)
Anakin867

Post by Anakin867 »

:D

This is my fav map in SWBF1..Many thanks.