Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.1 Available (Includes fixes)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

daddy_jonesy

Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.1 Available (Includes fixes)

Post by daddy_jonesy »

Play Hero Assault on Coruscant. Great wide open spaces for big battles.

This is a add on map, not a new mission.lvl file. I've made both a zip file and an installer available. I'm making this map open source under the GPL, so have fun with it. If you have suggestions or changes please post them in this forum or at my blog.

zip file
installer

I know that new maps are usually large downloads, but these are only 250 KB for the zip file or 460 KB for the installer.

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think.
Last edited by daddy_jonesy on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Angarah

RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready For Download

Post by Angarah »

Screenies please :)
spitfire

RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready For Download

Post by spitfire »

is the installer just winzip?
daddy_jonesy

Screenshots

Post by daddy_jonesy »

I added them to the first post.

See the first post
Last edited by daddy_jonesy on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daddy_jonesy

Re: RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready For Download

Post by daddy_jonesy »

spitfire wrote:is the installer just winzip?
No, it's acutally an install program that helps set everything up in the right places and comes with an uninstaller.

I created the install program using Inno Setup 5 and ISTool. (I code for a living and think that is one great tool)
SWShellhound

RE: Re: RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready For Downlo

Post by SWShellhound »

Its a fun game I tried it this morning.

Post by Guest »

nice! :)
ghost_ops121

Post by ghost_ops121 »

ummmm i tried it and all the text was screwed up. also all the jedi and sith just stood there lookin at eachother and they did not move or attack.
daddy_jonesy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready For Do

Post by daddy_jonesy »

ghost_ops121 wrote:ummmm i tried it and all the text was screwed up. also all the jedi and sith just stood there lookin at eachother and they did not move or attack.
I haven't seen any of that happen before.

What language version do you have? Also, which text was screwed up?
Bulldog

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready Fo

Post by Bulldog »

Just downloaded it and all the text, and I mean all of it, is messed up. I'm in the UK with the DVD version, and see for yourself:-
Also, noticed that Boba Fett doesn't appear on the spawn screen
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.0 Ready Fo

Post by Leviathan »

Bulldog, your problem can have only two different origins : Either you've not extracted the file named "core.lvl" - Which must be contained into this mod's ZIP Archive - into the right folder, or the "United-Kingdom Localization Keys" have been removed out off daddy' project, or simply corrupted...
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Well luckily the map works fine for me and I find it highly enjoyable! Good work! :)
daddy_jonesy

Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.1 Fixes a few problems

Post by daddy_jonesy »

Leviathan wrote:Bulldog, your problem can have only two different origins : Either you've not extracted the file named "core.lvl" - Which must be contained into this mod's ZIP Archive - into the right folder, or the "United-Kingdom Localization Keys" have been removed out off daddy' project, or simply corrupted...
Leviathan hit the nail on the head (thanks -- you saved me a lot time running that down). I removed the international language stuff during development (it drastically speeds up the munging process when you use one language).

As an aside, my son and I also noticed that the music doesn't work correctly. Here's an update that fixes the music, Boba Fett, and the international texts. :wink:

zip file
installer

(Note that I also updated the original post to link to these updated files)

Enjoy.
Bulldog

RE: Coruscant Hero Assault Map v1.1 Fixes a few problems

Post by Bulldog »

Well Boba's there now, though his rifle doesn't make a sound when firing- but the text is still the same as before
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, daddy', might I know whether you've modified or added Localization Keys to your project in order to change labels appearing in Star Wars Battlefront II ? Or have you simply run the Munging Process without manipulating them ?
If the symptoms have remained exactly the same compared to the screen-capture Bull' has posted, then you've probably forgotten to restore a few lines you might have deleted in the Batch file calling Localization Keys associated to all languages... :roll:
daddy_jonesy

Post by daddy_jonesy »

I first deleted the non-English files under Common/Localization. After you mentioned what might be causing the problems I restored those files to their original locations and then re-ran the Munge process. I did not alter any batch files or Localization keys.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

jonesy', have you checked if a file named "localize.req" was in the "Common\Localization" folder before the deletion of the "non-English" Localization Keys ?...