Better Pathing and AI tips for Standard Battlefront 2 maps

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Bruxinth
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Better Pathing and AI tips for Standard Battlefront 2 maps

Post by Bruxinth »

:I haven't posted this under Mod Ideas/Requests because my question is really if it already exists:

So, as we all know, the AI tend to make bad decisions due to some poorly defined pathing. I am curious as to whether someone has already published a modpack that anyone would recommend that updates the pathing, as well better AI tip placement (i.e. Snipers sit here, etc.; I don't know the right term, so I am calling these tips)? Also, would the installation conflict with some rezzed maps I have installed?
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: Better Pathing and AI tips for Standard Battlefront 2 ma

Post by Delta-1035 »

Nobody has ever made anything like that
Bruxinth

Post by Bruxinth »

How is it that not one person looked at the clustering crowd at a set of inaccessible in Naboo and said to themselves, "I should fix that?"
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

People tend to not want to break online compatibility through making changes to stock files by fixing any bugs present in the game. However, these bugs tend to get fixed in individual era mods, like the barrier issue you mentioned on Naboo, the reinforcements counter bug on Death Star, etc.
nobody3
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by nobody3 »

Bruxinth wrote:How is it that not one person looked at the clustering crowd at a set of inaccessible in Naboo and said to themselves, "I should fix that?"
I fixed the naboo thing years ago, if you want a link let me know lol.

Swbf2 can only have like 255 paths (hubs and connections), so the default ones aren't that bad. They can be improved slightly but it's not a significantly enough change I guess. I did improve some maps pathing for my own use, thats what you should do as well I guess.
Bruxinth

Post by Bruxinth »

AQT wrote:People tend to not want to break online compatibility through making changes to stock files by fixing any bugs present in the game. However, these bugs tend to get fixed in individual era mods, like the barrier issue you mentioned on Naboo, the reinforcements counter bug on Death Star, etc.
Good point, although the server is the system in control of the AI's pathing right? How does the relationship between client and server function; what are their separate domains?