Gistech's Visually-Improved Sides Mod [Release]

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Gistech's Visually-Improved Sides Mod [Release]

Post by giftheck »

Hi, here is a new mod I put together. The goal of this mod is to make some changes only to the appearance (and sounds) of the game. In other words, it plays exactly the same as stock and is just a skin change. It's in its 'infancy' but it is also almost done. It plays the same but the feel is different, especially when used alongside the new common.bnk sound effects.

Here are the changes I have made:
Hidden/Spoiler:
CIS:
-Replaced the stock B1 Battle Droid model with my modified B1, OOM and Heavy Droid models. Each class is now appropriately skinned as well.
-Replaced the weapon models for the Blaster Rifle (Campaign Only), Blaster Pistol (now RG-4D), Radiation Launcher (now MPL-57).
-Replaced the Vulture Droid with the SWBF2 model and texture, plus landing/takeoff animations.

Republic:
-Replaced the stock skins with my Phase 1 clone skins from the Legacy mod.
-Replaced the weapon models for the Blaster Rifle (now DC-15A), Blaster and Commando Pistols (now DC-17), DN Bolt Caster (now the SWBF3 ARC Fusion Cutter), Sniper Rifle (now the Valken-38X) and EMP Launcher (now the SWBF3 Grenade Launcher)

Rebels:
-Replaced the Soldier and Vanguard skins with their SWBF2 counterparts.
-Replaced the Pilot Luke model loaded in Hoth and Rhen Var with the Snow Gear Luke model.
-Replaced the weapon models for the Blaster Rifle (now A280C), Blaster Pistol (Now DL-44), Blast Cannon (Now the SWBF3 Rebel Shotgun model), Sniper Rifle (now the DLT-20A) and Grenade Launcher (Now the MPL-57)
-Replaced the Snowspeeder with the SWBF3 model.

Empire:
-Replaced the Stormtrooper and Shock Trooper skins with those from the TFU Wii game.
-Replaced the TIE and AT-AT Pilots with the 'improved' Legacy versions.
-Replaced the texture of the Scout Trooper to be 'cleaner'. Also, the Scout Trooper is loaded in Hoth and Rhen Var instead of the Snow Trooper skin.
-Created a 'Heavy Snowtrooper' model for the Shock Trooper on Hoth and Rhen Var.
-Replaced the Dark Trooper skin with the SWBF3 Dark Trooper.
-Replaced the Blaster Rifle (Now the new E-11), Blaster Pistol (Now Sereja's SE-14C), Mortar Launcher (now the MPL-57), Sniper Rifle (now the DLT-19X) and Blast Cannon (now the SWBF3 Imperial Blast Cannon)
-Replaced the TIE Fighter with the SWBF3 model.
-Replaced the AT-AT and AT-ST with improved models.

General:
-All-new common.bnk to replace the stock one in the Sounds folder. You have two options - SWBF3 or 'Custom'
I won't be introducing the Phase 2 Clones or any additional unit types as this is meant to be a purely aesthetic experience, not intended to interfere with online compatibility.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Replacement for faulty gar.lvl

Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
If you want to update your sound effects to match the visual improvements, two new sound sets are included:

-My own 'custom' sound effects based on SWBF Legacy's sound effects
-SWBF3 sound effects
(A third set was used as my 'test run' but I can't post that one here publicly)

CREDITS:
ASSETS AND SKINS:

-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Autodesk for Softimage Mod Tool 7.5
-ANDEWEGET for ZETools.
-Sereja for the Naboo Guard, SE-14C, CR-2 and S-5 weapon models.
-Free Radical for the assets from Star Wars: Battlefront III.
-LucasArts for the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed assets.
-Krome Studios for the Stormtrooper and some parts based off the 501st Stormtrooper.
-No assets from Star Wars Battlefront (2015) or Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) were used in the making of this mod.

If I've left anyone out, I apologise, but you have been a great help for getting this mod finished. So to those I didn't mention but did use assets, thank you.
Last edited by giftheck on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Gistech's Visually-Improved Sides Mod [Release]

Post by Teancum »

Nobody else has said it yet, so I will: It's fantastic. I love that people still put such love into SWBF1 -- especially since you have more limitations when it comes to polycounts, etc.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:Nobody else has said it yet, so I will: It's fantastic. I love that people still put such love into SWBF1 -- especially since you have more limitations when it comes to polycounts, etc.
Red04
Private Recruit
Projects :: Red04 Conversion Map Pack
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 and SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Red04 »

I think I'm going to move to this mod forever, because it looks great! :D
DarthSith
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Battlefront 1 Refreshed Map Pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2