Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Huscarl
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Post by Huscarl »

All I see are addme scripts. What am I supposed to do with addme scripts?
Cyberctf346
Private
Projects :: Galaxy Expanded Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Hi I found some lines that might help with theed. These are tactical droid voice lines and they are for empire at war. That was a great game... anyways heres the link just in case you might want to use some. http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-em ... ion/addons
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

The description says the lines are originally from Battlefront II, which would be referring to the recent EA game, so they aren't allowed to be used.
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Oops. Well sorry didn’t mean to I wasn’t reading just jumping to things as usual. :roll:
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

NVM just realized what to do. Im such a retard lol, cant wait to test them out. :thumbs:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

Okay so yeah voices are still a work in progress so a modder known as Harrisonfog has been helping me with the sky and
mountain backgrounds and the map looks a TON better now guys - the google drive link has been updated give it a play !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNDXV ... 4FVvAd-HGC

NEXT up on the list is finishing up that whole second part of the map closer to the palace.
after that i will be finishing the interior of the palace which needs some toughing up before it is re added
THEN ill be making some unit tweaks , fixing paths , vehicle spawns , flyer splines and fixing guns, adding phase 2 and what not.
and finally i will be doing some touching up and adding a simple beta for conquest mode. :thumbs:

as you can see I have a ways to go before the 0.8 release BUT we will get there eventually and I'm glad that you guys get to play it along the way and give feed back
thanks and enjoy.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Dang, rey is looking much better and now i have to rewrite my review on theed lol :thumbs: love it

EDIT

So I downloaded 300 mb from this new Theed link and instead of changinf the Ray model and background, it didn't do anything. Plz fix

EDIT

Fixed it lol :funny2:
Last edited by Huscarl on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

pics do not show up :(
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Yeah, I go to "View Image" in Firefox and it claims the server isn't found.
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Lorul1 wrote:Okay so yeah voices are still a work in progress so a modder known as Harrisonfog has been helping me with the sky and
mountain backgrounds and the map looks a TON better now guys - the google drive link has been updated give it a play !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNDXV ... 4FVvAd-HGC

NEXT up on the list is finishing up that whole second part of the map closer to the palace.
after that i will be finishing the interior of the palace which needs some toughing up before it is re added
THEN ill be making some unit tweaks , fixing paths , vehicle spawns , flyer splines and fixing guns, adding phase 2 and what not.
and finally i will be doing some touching up and adding a simple beta for conquest mode. :thumbs:

as you can see I have a ways to go before the 0.8 release BUT we will get there eventually and I'm glad that you guys get to play it along the way and give feed back
thanks and enjoy.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lour1 the images wont load for me
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

They work fine for me. I think if you just download the map you will know what most of the screenshots we’re for. Nothing to revealing yet...
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

yup nothing too new yet but soon i will be updating the second half of the map right outside of the palace. This update was just really focusing on making things look a bit better.
Cyberctf346
Private

Post by Cyberctf346 »

I noticed something in the newest version. The clones hop inside the mtt and all the droids attack it. Which cause a loss every time. On hoth the walkers Only allowed imperials inside them. Maybe try to make that with the mtt. It can survive the first phase (when it passes the first tower) but then the droid gets out and a clone hops in which then every ship, aat, SBD (super battle droid), etc attacks it which it dies really fast. And defending is a pain because of your own team attacking the one thing you need to defend. And I have team kill off so it’s defin not that.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Imgur is a much better place to host images. I have some from almost 10 years ago that are still live there.
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Post by spectreseven1138 »

Cyberctf346 wrote:I noticed something in the newest version. The clones hop inside the mtt and all the droids attack it.
This happened for me in the 0.56 version for me as well. (Forgot to mention it, sorry)
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Finally finished the review. Here is what I think so far:

Cons/things to fix
Crait - I feel like there are too many AT AT's on the planet and that the first 2 are way too close to the resistance base
- All blaster sounds and well sound in general are not popping up in Crait. So all I hear are people talking, throwing grenades, a few
explosions (none from AT AT blasts)
- The speeders the resistance use is way too low to the ground and inside it and prevents me from being able to shoot with the blasters

Theed - Blaster sounds not working for Assault class for Republic
- Some spawns are too much away from action and in a filler area or in the river
- Clones go in MTT's

Mos Eisley - When aiming, the sky turns black
- For a brief second, engineer turns into vanilla engineer model
- Buildings and props turn invisible for a split second when turning
- When getting in a TIE, AI goes crazy and crashes
- New guns laser is black
- Some models like rocket launcher and minigun is black
- For some reason can't take command posts and no way too see how many people are alive on enemy team which gives them infinite
respawns
- Victory is impossible

Hoth - Floating CP's
- Floating trenches
- One of the underground tunnels lead you under the map
- There is an invisible wall that doesnt let u or AI's climb a certain hill

Kashyyyk - Since nothing change from beta I got nothin
Pros

Crait - Love those smoke effects for speeders
- Models look fantastic
- Crait looks fantastic
- Red footprints tho

Theed - The amount of detail is absolutely stunning (although the color seems a bit dull from your previous versions)
- Love how you hid the CP's inside the statues. Really creative!
- Them fish tho
- New Rey face model (she looks so cute)

Mos Eisley - Models are fantastic and very detailed
- Officer gun model is really unique and so is his stance
- New face for assault class for Rebels
- The bantha tho

Hoth - One of the cooler maps in my opinion. Simple yet accurate to EA

Kashyyyk - Since nothing change from beta I got nothin

Other thoughts - Lol why is there an option to play as the Republic on Crait, Hoth and Mos Eisley
- Why is engineer a Death Trooper?
- Will you be using jump trooper model from EA's for Empire?
- Will you be going through and putting actual lightsaber models like Battlefront Evolved?
- I think Hoth should be scrunched a bit and is too wide
- Spawning in Hoth seems to be too much to the left and not enought to the right where all those trenches are for Empire
- What happened to being able to go in the LAAT on Theed?
- Whats with the two ships of to the side by the river? They feel out of place and just put there on Theed
- Easter egg seems to be broken on Theed

I hope these help. You're doing great, can't wait for the full release :thumbs:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Thanks for the help Huscarl - all your feedback really does help !

Hidden/Spoiler:
"Lol why is there an option to play as the Republic on Crait, Hoth and Mos Eisley" - did not remove the option yet ! enjoy it while you can

"Why is engineer a Death Trooper?" - didn't change his model yet

"Will you be using jump trooper model from EA's for Empire?" YUP i will be getting as close as posible

"Will you be going through and putting actual lightsaber models like Battlefront Evolved?" - I will try ! i also want to make new jedi animations as well - make there runing like normal - maybe only single jumps (although maybe not because alot of people like battlefront 2 2005's double jump system)

"I think Hoth should be scrunched a bit and is too wide" - YEAH SO that hoth map was created in two days lol - i have it out right now because once i start working on it. I probably shouldnt have made hoth public since its so unfinished but it will give you guys the opportunity to really see how I make my maps from VERY begging to where they start to look beautiful :thumbs: .

"Spawning in Hoth seems to be too much to the left and not enough to the right where all those trenches are for Empire" - same answer as above hoth was made in like 2 days lol - It is the most uninished and un fun out of all the maps and is 100% NOT representative of the final version or of i can do guys lol

"What happened to being able to go in the LAAT on Theed?" - I accidentally removed the LAAT lol - i will be adding it back as a turrer chair in the clay looking building to the left of the palace !

"Whats with the two ships of to the side by the river? They feel out of place and just put there on Theed" - if you mean the red and white ships - they are place holders for a "car type" model that is actually found in EA's theed.

"Easter egg seems to be broken on Theed" - Easter egg is probably not coming back for iden and if it does i will probably move it somewhere else, reason being ground to space has been removed - it was kinda cool but i wanna stick to the original for this mode ! once conquest is added in then i will have some wiggle room to add back in ground to space maybe , and i also want to do that blue and white color scheme like AQT suggested ! i think that is a good idea.

"Love how you hid the CP's inside the statues. Really creative" - thanks but they will actually be going away soon - no command post in galactic assault mode lol

"New Rey face model (she looks so cute)" - lol i think she comes from the jedi academy comunity so you can thank them for that and also thank Javitolo98 for the model !

And before anyone ask - YES heros vs villains in the theed hanger will be coming soon after conquest is added - i will probably be working on that along side crait !
Right now as you know I am focused on naboo and getting 0.8 released before I move on to Crait and get that done.
speaking of naboo - it has been updated again guys - IF you want you can download the newest version all i really did was some slight unit changes and add some more props ! move some leaves around !
Hidden/Spoiler:
and i know some props are still missing lol
Hidden/Spoiler:
over the weekend I will be working on the other half of the map outside the palace
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by Lorul1 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

Huscari has said everything,You are doing a very well job and I looking forward to how will improve this mod with the time. I have two questions/suggestions.
Will the hangar be in the same map as the rest of naboo? or will be a separate map?this is just curiosity,would be good is is in the same map as Assault on Theed but maybe it makes the game stuck on loading Screen, or maybe not ,that's why I'm askig it.

The second Is also a suggestion, In the unofficial march releases,Specialy on Mos Eisley I noticed that you domt put detail textures on the terrain in the maps.Maybe you added it on Naboo is the best looking one.
I'm just saying that adding detail textures in a terrain texture Improves a lot the terrain looking. Even in low graphic settings.
For example this is the tatooine sand with detail.

This is just a suggestion, I appreciate your work and the effort you are putting on it.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Thanks for the suggestion for detail ! i hope to add that soon then !
Javitolo98 wrote:How did you putted Sereja's Naboo buildings without making the map stuck on the loading screen?"
Normally this will happen because there are too many objects in game. I put serejas objects in Softimage to enable there lowrez models in battlefront 2 and i also slightly edited most of them myself - combining more than one object so that I wont go over the limit (which is 1024) and get the game stuck !
Javitolo98 wrote:Will the hangar be in the same map as the rest of naboo?
Nope that will be a whole other mode - it would be quite the walk AWAY from all the action so I'm just going to stick to EA's vision and have it as a separate mode.
maybe ill have it there for conquest BUT once again i have to watch the item limit or it will freeze.

Here are some comparison pics guys :

Hidden/Spoiler:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Looking good!