Battlefront 2 2017 Kashyyyk

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Re: Battlefront 2 2017 Kashyyyk

Post by spectreseven1138 »

Reapeageddon wrote:Remember how you were asking for names for the Conversion Project?
I thought of one that could be better but it could work for now.

EAFront 2005 Remastered

Thoughts? (Anyone's welcome to suggest others of course, and let me know what you think everyone)
Nice.

How's this for a logo?:

or maybe even this:

or this:

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Using not one, but two licensed trademarks in a single logo? Probably a really bad idea.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Marth8880 wrote:Using not one, but two licensed trademarks in a single logo? Probably a really bad idea.
Star Wars is safe to use, but yeah: I'd say drop the EA part. It'd be like me remaking Outpost Beta (I'd actually like to see that) then naming it "Star Wars EAFront Hoth".
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit

ggctuk wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:Using not one, but two licensed trademarks in a single logo? Probably a really bad idea.
Star Wars is safe to use, but yeah: I'd say drop the EA part. It'd be like me remaking Outpost Beta (I'd actually like to see that) then naming it "Star Wars EAFront Hoth".
You mean as in just "Battlefront 2005 Remastered" ?

Like this?

or this?

or just scrap the new logo and go with this:

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lorul1 »

@huscarl
The reason why I did not chose to make the day/night/being 50 - 50 chance is because personally I think it’s kinda weird playing the maps in a setting that seems like it should be different. I don’t know how to put it exactally lol. I do have EAs battlefront 2 and whenever I play naboo or a map like goth I feel like it SHOULD be day time and not evening sho that’s why I chose 70-30 ALSO from what I have played so far I don’t feel as though the setting for EAs game are not 50-50 - in other words playing on the odd variation of a map is a little more rare.

@everyone talking about the logos and Name and what not

Those logos are really well done good job specteseven ! :shock:
One of the big things I want with this mod is community involvement (which is why I am releasing unfinished playable builds) and not just here on gametoast but I’m am thinking of maybe starting a discord as well !
I do want to have logos for this mod and also redesign this -

In the old battlefront two as a sort of “cover art” , and I do want to remake the EA trailers and everything BUT a lot of that will come after the discord is created and we can get hundreds of more people involved

Hopefully I will use these logos for something down the road but for now I’d reccomend to not make anymore logos , I’d say just hold out for a few more months and we will put the “battlefront 2005 remastered” name agains some other ones people outside of gametoast come up with (:

I know I haven’t been that active here and the kashyyyk public beta is still not out BUT I will have that coming out in a week or two along with reveals for the other maps. Hang tight
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I think calling it "Star Wars Battlefront II 2005 Remastered" would be a bit misleading because these aren't the original 2005 maps that have been remastered. They're based on the EA maps, but like others have stated, using EA in the name is weird (plus, people tend to be very negative with the EA name these days, right? :wink: )

In my opinion, Lorul, the name you're currently using in the title would work just fine. They're based on SWBF2 2017 but remade for SWBF2 2005. If I can suggest a name, I would go with something like Star Wars Battlefront II 2017 Reclassified, as in maps from the 2017 game have been remade for the classic one.
WolfyWolf
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2

Post by WolfyWolf »

What about something like BF2 2005 Pride and accomplishment edition?
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

WolfyWolf wrote:What about something like BF2 2005 Pride and accomplishment edition?
I see what u did there :thumbs:

I really like the newer logo design than reverting to the older one cause it's 2018

New Year, New Look

@Lorul1 I could try and create a mini teaser that you can use to advertise on youtube or moddb to get "hundreds more involved" with the project and whatever and show people that a better battlefront remater is happening and get people hyped, etc

Either - I will just stopmotion the crap out of it with powtoons or movie maker (or whatever video editor I can use) using gmod

- Us guys here at gametoast can get on some battlefront 2 server (2005 if it aint clear for you) and ill take some footage of assault on theed and
smack it into movie maker with some edits

For the title of the game tho, I may need to borrow your pics spectresteven (great work btw) but as u said, the titles are not official so I'll just put some
small words at the bottom of the screen which says "not actual title" like what commercials do

Thoughts?

@Spectresteven Could u try something where u replace the star wars up top with Lorul1 so that it says something like "Lorul1's Battlefront Remastered" or something

:thumbs: This is going to be a sick mod :thumbs:

EDIT

@Spectresteven, I got hyped and just decided to do the logo so u dont have to lol
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit

Huscari wrote: @Lorul1 I could try and create a mini teaser that you can use to advertise on youtube or moddb to get "hundreds more involved" with the project and whatever and show people that a better battlefront remater is happening and get people hyped, etc

Either - I will just stopmotion the crap out of it with powtoons or movie maker (or whatever video editor I can use) using gmod

- Us guys here at gametoast can get on some battlefront 2 server (2005 if it aint clear for you) and ill take some footage of assault on theed and
smack it into movie maker with some edits

For the title of the game tho, I may need to borrow your pics spectresteven (great work btw) but as u said, the titles are not official so I'll just put some
small words at the bottom of the screen which says "not actual title" like what commercials do

Thoughts?
I actually made a kind of teaser trailer for the Theed map a while ago. I'll upload it later if you want Lorul1 and see what you think.

EDIT-
@Huscari-
But feel free to make a better one Huscari, this is just one i made in my spare time so it's not very high quality.
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

The logo I was talking about-

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/huscarl01

My photos never show so it's easier to just stick a link
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit

I used the music from one of the BF2 trailers (the gameplay trailer I think) so this probably can't be used anyway, but here is the teaser trailer I said I made, don't expect anything great, since I made this with *sigh* bandicam, as I couldn't get my external recorder working.

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Nice trailer I will promote it on ModDB if that’s okay.

@Huscarl - I agree with a lot of the things you are saying here. As for the trailer guys I reccomend that you hold off a few months BECAUSE - I will have more maps available , the official name will (probably) be voted on, and I will have a discord guys . Gaining attention won be much of an issue because I’m sure if I asked kyro to just say a few words about what we are doing here and put the link to the discord server in the beginning of his video review of one of my maps - then we should have a strong foothold in the BF2 community !

“Battlefront 2 2005 Remastered” is a pretty good idea but we don’t want it to be confused with luke landwalkers “battlefront 3 remastered” which is gaining traction BUT I will keep this name in mind , as well as BF2 2017 reclassified !

For now we will just can probably just call it “the conversion project” but keep those names in mind as I will be asking again in a few months on discord !
WolfyWolf
Private Recruit

Post by WolfyWolf »

Lorul1 wrote:Nice trailer I will promote it on ModDB if that’s okay.

@Huscarl - I agree with a lot of the things you are saying here. As for the trailer guys I reccomend that you hold off a few months BECAUSE - I will have more maps available , the official name will (probably) be voted on, and I will have a discord guys . Gaining attention won be much of an issue because I’m sure if I asked kyro to just say a few words about what we are doing here and put the link to the discord server in the beginning of his video review of one of my maps - then we should have a strong foothold in the BF2 community !

“Battlefront 2 2005 Remastered” is a pretty good idea but we don’t want it to be confused with luke landwalkers “battlefront 3 remastered” which is gaining traction BUT I will keep this name in mind , as well as BF2 2017 reclassified !

For now we will just can probably just call it “the conversion project” but keep those names in mind as I will be asking again in a few months on discord !
Hi Lorul, I’m just getting into modding, and was wondering if there is anything I could do to help. I dont know much about all of this, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know!
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

That's cool man , I don't really need much at this moment but ... will do :thumbs:
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit

Lorul1 wrote:Nice trailer I will promote it on ModDB if that’s okay.
Sure that's great!
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Srry that this is late but I kinda forgot about this until a few days ago. So in Kachairo, the battle seems to be more intense on the left side rather than on the right. Will u be doing something to like evenly spread the troops out?

https://huscarl01.tumblr.com/image/169539284891
WolfyWolf
Private Recruit

Post by WolfyWolf »

Hey lorul, do you think you could add an “EA” mode? Basically just have the same number of units as EA’s. Dont get me wrong I love the massive battles, but sometimes they just feel too big. If you were to do this, could you do it for all the maps? Thanks!
TeeNuggetTa
Private
Projects :: Its a Secret
Games I'm Playing :: EA Battlefront II

Post by TeeNuggetTa »

I agree with Wolfy I sometimes like having small 20 vs 20 battles
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

@ Huscarl - sure
@ Wolfy and TeeNugget - I will be adding standard conquest mode for people who like classic low infantry gameplay
WolfyWolf
Private Recruit

Post by WolfyWolf »

Lorul1 wrote:@ Huscarl - sure
@ Wolfy and TeeNugget - I will be adding standard conquest mode for people who like classic low infantry gameplay
Will it still have the story of the 100v100 mode?