Running ZE with 3D-Analyze (FAQ)

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Running ZE with 3D-Analyze (FAQ)

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Since there have been so many questions about this recently, I thought I might as well just re-post the process since the topic for the old one was deleted.

3D-Analyze is an emulator program used for many things, but in the case, we'll be using it to emulate the TnL requirements of Battlefront 2 / Zeroeditor. This usually works for those people who have integrated graphics, but it's worth a shot for anyone if Zeroeditor's not working. 3D-Analyze is pretty simple to use and simple to understand, so if the following configuration doesn't work, you could always play around to try to make it work for you. However, this program generally does not overcome purely Vista compatibility issues.

1. First you must download 3D-Analyze. Click on the floppy disk icon to the right of the header 3D-Analyze 2.36.

2. Unzip the file downloaded and run the installer. I suggest you install it to its own folder as there are a few files that come along with it.

3. Run 3DAnalyze.exe. When you open the program, you'll see a giant Select button on the left side. Chose this and it will ask you to select a program to emulate, this is where you select Zeroeditor (of course the copy of Zeroeditor under the mod-directory).

4. Now, in the first column of choices, select the box that says "Force SW TnL."

5. At the bottom of the screen, select "Save batch file!" Choose a name for the batch file and (I suggest) save it in the same directory as the Zeroeditor you're emulating.

6. From now on, all that's required is for you to run the .bat file, so close down 3D-Analyze, run the batch file, and hopefully Zeroeditor is now working!

For future maps, and thus different copies of Zeroeditor, you can either do this whole process again, or you can create a copy of the .bat you just made, right click the copy and select edit, and then change the three letter mod-ID from what it was from your older map to the new one for the newer map. And again, I suggest you now move this .bat file to the same directory as the newer copy of Zeroeditor.

NOTE: This method should not work for any runtime errors. Go ahead and try, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work. HERE is a thread that describes possible solutions to this error, but be warned that we have yet to find a solution to it.
Last edited by Frisbeetarian on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Running ZE with 3D-Analyze

Post by -_- »

FAQed.
[raptor]cc-alias
Recruit Womprat Killer

Re: Running ZE with 3D-Analyze (FAQ)

Post by [raptor]cc-alias »

ok i was getting a runtime error before and then i tried your way, but i still get a runtime error

it says " this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact ......

any i deas??
Starkiller2356
Private Recruit

Post by Starkiller2356 »

Every time I try to open the archive my antivirus says there is a virus. Is this a false alert or real?
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

false
Starkiller2356
Private Recruit

Post by Starkiller2356 »

501st_commander wrote:false
Thanks

EDIT: This still doesn't work for the error message saying that ZE has stopped responding and needs to close. I followed all the steps.
AArchambault
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SW-BF-II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AArchambault »

I have done everything that Frisbeetarian has said do on the first post.... but... :( .... It still won't work.

A small box pops up by "3D Analyzer" and in the box it says "CreateProcess Failed". So I clicked "Ok", then another box pops up and says "Error while injecting dll into target process". I click ok and it goes away nothing happens and I'm back to square one.

I have been reading these forums all day long... /facedesk. Please tell me if there is a fix.

And this is the .bat file I was trying to run. Maybe somthing is wrong here.
C:\Users\Master Sergeant\Desktop\3D Analyzer\3DAnalyze.exe" /EXE=C:\BF2_ModTools\data\zeroeditor.exe

Please don't personalize your text for no apparent reason; it is against the RULES. -Staff
JohnnCrazy
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Gmod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JohnnCrazy »

Thankyou so much this completley solved my runtime error!!!!!! very excited