Battlefront 2 2017 Kashyyyk

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Huscarl
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Re: Battlefront 2 2017 Kashyyyk

Post by Huscarl »

dat kylo looks much better and fantastic :thumbs:

Although, his "skirt" is looking a bit short tho.

Last edited by Huscarl on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Looks pretty good but Kylo's head needs to be a bit smaller. His proportions make him look like a child right now! D:

How can I tell? Well...

Warregory
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Warregory »

Nice looking Kylo, man. I'd still prefer his TLJ appearance, though.
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

Warregory wrote:Nice looking Kylo, man. I'd still prefer his TLJ appearance, though.
After see The last Jedi I'm working on some characters based in this movie,I don't know how to add both apareances in this mod but would be interesting to see a different apareance of a same character each time you play these maps
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Javitolo98 wrote:
Warregory wrote:Nice looking Kylo, man. I'd still prefer his TLJ appearance, though.
After see The last Jedi I'm working on some characters based in this movie,I don't know how to add both apareances in this mod but would be interesting to see a different apareance of a same character each time you play these maps
Hey, I'm sure Lorul would be willing to use them if you're working on TLJ models. It could be randomized like Dark Times and Pax Empiricae did it, with random skins every time the map loads.
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

Warregory wrote:
Javitolo98 wrote:
Hey, I'm sure Lorul would be willing to use them if you're working on TLJ models.
It could be randomized like Dark Times and Pax Empiricae did it, with random skins every time the map loads.
What He could do instead is when he gets to the update of randomizing day and night we could have the force awakens kylo Ren at day and at night the last jedi kylo :thumbs:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

Hmmm both are good ideas we'll have to see when we get there.
SO
wanted to give everyone a quick update on kashyyyk !
Not much has changed in the environment so no today pictures sadly. The past few days I've been doing some touch ups for units like making kylo's light saber more red, and replacing weapons. (Warregory did u have a link to BF3's DC15 ?) but the biggest thing I've been working on is the interior of the republic ship ! Its taking WAYYYYYY more time than I expected BUT It's coming along quite nice and will probably take me half of tommorow before its in the game. :funny2: LOL I'm a noob at 3D editing.

But yeah guys , I've been a little caught up lately with real life stuff, playing fortnite 50v50 - Ya know that kinda stuff BUT I still really want to put out the alpha for all of you by the end of this week so hang tight and I'll see what I can do.

ALL ABOUT THE ALPHA

Click :
Hidden/Spoiler:
For those of you who are maybe new or do not have a gametoast account and are just following this mod. Basically what I do is before a release of my new maps I give out closed alpha vestions of my map to : Everyone who has helped me, everyone who has created a single post on ANY of my 3 BF2 2017 topics, and everyone who got one from last time.
If you don't have a gametoast account no need to fear ! Once I announce the alpha has been emailed to the participants EVERYONE is aloud to revive one , if you just message me here on YouTube or on ModDB !

What this alpha does is three things - right. It's a friendly way of me just thanking all of you who were involved, it helps me iron out some possible game breaking bugs before the public release , and it also gives me an idea of what a few people think. - So if your one of the people who will be getting your hands on an alpha, tell me what you liked and didn't like (etc).

You can share the alpha with your friends and your mom and your grandma and what not, but don't post it on ModDB or make it publicly available please. The alpha will only be about 4 days from the public release so note I won't be able to change or fix EVERYTHING you all will be telling me.

Some of you probably run YouTube channels or whatever and this is the thing ... Can I stop you from recording this to show to your followers ??? - NO ....BUT .... I RECCOMEND that you DO NOT make a video on the closed alpha BECAUSE I will be making improvements during the 4 days between the alpha and the public release. So if you all you youtubers just be a lil patient, you'll be able to show your audience a slightly (but maybe significantly) better experience. But if you make a video I don't realllllyy care it's just not smart.

And that's about all there is to it guys !!
If you wish to ever opt out just give me your username and I will remove it from the list
Last edited by Lorul1 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Wow, since my last check in on this mod (about 1 week ago) it looks like you have done a lot more work to this map as well as your other one. Both of these Battlefront 3 style maps are really inspiring to see and soon will be inspiring to play! I just hope you continue making maps and mods since (as you know) I have been a fan of your work since the beginning!
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Lorul1 wrote:(Warregory did u have a link to BF3's DC15 ?)
I don't have a link to the model specifically, but here's a ModDB link to all SWBF3 weapons: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cdt-foxs-ulti ... ls-pack-10

It's a simple asset pack so you should be good to go.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Oops , I didn't mean to say your name Warregory :funny2: I meant to say captian kira , you were the one who said that about the BF3 weapons right ? But thank you for the link warregory
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Can't wait to play the Alpha! After playing EA's Battlefront 2 on my friends ps4, i'm hyped for these maps to come out :thumbs:
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

Lorul, I started doing the las jedi characters,I finished Kylo ren,do you want it as an alternative costume? The model is from force arena so I can't post the assets in the released assets section, If you want it I have to PM you

Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Javitolo98 wrote:Lorul, I started doing the las jedi characters,I finished Kylo ren,do you want it as an alternative costume? The model is from force arena so I can't post the assets in the released assets section, If you want it I have to PM you

Okay, memes aside. That's great work, seriously. Spot on and excellently modeled; fights right in.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

YES :shock: amazing job Javitolo !!! tommorow the closed alphas will be going out so sadly I will TRY to impliment this kylo in the public alpha.

So YES everyone closed alphas will (hopefully be in your mail boxes sometime in the evening) ( USA East time ) this closed alpha is actually going to be a little crude and unfinished ... it's not where I'd want it to be for a closed alpha ! BUT it's about time you guys play it ! There will be some obvious problems that I will be fixing in time for next weeks public alpha release -like objects randomly poping in and out, clipping through the big trees. The juggernaut turbo tanks weapon systems need some work - as they are still unfinished and sometimes crash the game, republic long range artillery cannons were planed to be added in BUT those are still in development, star fighters and what not will not be available in the closed alpha ... sorry guys - and also the Easter egg has been disabled for the public alpha ! - you'll have to look for it along with everyone else.
I do have the venator interior finished BUT it's not EXPORTING WHICH is why XSI MAKES ME ANGRY soooo yeah ... that won't be in the closed alpha either ):

But even with all that awesome content cut out I'm sure you all will have a lot of fun - everything is still pretty fleshed out !

Th next week I will be adding ALL those amazing things that I listed up there and I will also be improving object placemat, and anything you guys wanna see or let me know about from the public alpha ! Now obviously I won't be able to get to 100% of everything I want to get to or everything you all suggest to me BUT the majority of it will really be a game changer !
TeeNuggetTa
Private
Projects :: Its a Secret
Games I'm Playing :: EA Battlefront II

Post by TeeNuggetTa »

Javitolo98 wrote: The model is from force arena so I can't post the assets in the released assets section, If you want it I have to PM you
Are you able to release models that can't be released on Gametoast onto ModDB like what you did with your TFU anakin, mace windu and obi wan.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Javitolo98 wrote: The model is from force arena so I can't post the assets in the released assets section, If you want it I have to PM you
I would love this model but would'nt I get in trouble for using it since your not allowed to even post it here ????
Huscarl
Private Third Class

Post by Huscarl »

Dat Kylo tho. Looking forward for the alpha :thumbs:
Warregory
Private Second Class

Post by Warregory »

Lorul1 wrote:
I would love this model but would'nt I get in trouble for using it since your not allowed to even post it here ????
IIRC you wouldn't get in trouble if you posted the mod in places like ModDB or any site that isn't Gametoast. I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss it even.
jackbmh
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II 2005

Post by jackbmh »

Hello, I have commented on your post about Kashyyyk before and still not recieved the alpha.
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Post by spectreseven1138 »

jackbmh wrote:Hello, I have commented on your post about Kashyyyk before and still not recieved the alpha.

I don't think it's out yet. Lorul1 said it would be out on Friday evening USA east time.