Frigate as a Flyer

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Frigate as a Flyer

Post by MissingTexture »

I've been watching a lot of the new Batlefront II videos lately and started liking the Raider Class Corvette and was wondering, would a usable frigate be practical in a Battlefront II mod?

I've never really seen it done, but always wondered how I could possibly incorporate that into a map or mod. I'd love to hear some thoughts on the concept itself and suggestions.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Frigate as a Flyer

Post by thelegend »

Hmm...it's not too large to glitch. You can have it as a multi-transport vehicle with turrets and useful attachments. The handling/controls and animations would have to be a lot slower.
Just getting in/out would be painful since it seems to lag a lot for huge vehicles.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

thelegend wrote:Hmm...it's not too large to glitch. You can have it as a multi-transport vehicle with turrets and useful attachments. The handling/controls and animations would have to be a lot slower.
Just getting in/out would be painful since it seems to lag a lot for huge vehicles.
Oh yeah, for sure it would be much slower. I am curious to know what attachments and how would getting in/out be a problem?
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

The Stargate mod had a very huge ship that you could fly around in space. Maybe this is akin to that.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

xezene wrote:The Stargate mod had a very huge ship that you could fly around in space. Maybe this is akin to that.
Do you happen to have a link to a video of it or something?
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

MissingTexture wrote:
xezene wrote:The Stargate mod had a very huge ship that you could fly around in space. Maybe this is akin to that.
Do you happen to have a link to a video of it or something?
At 3:36 in this video it is shown: