New Monitor/Computer Help

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

New Monitor/Computer Help

Post by RedHardcore »

So I got a brand new computer and monitor, way better than my crappy laptop. The monitor is 1920x1080 in size. When I play the game, the main menu looks really stretched and blurry (until I play a map, then it looks crystal clear). Does anyone know how to fix/modify this, or is there an existing mod or tutorial or something that will make the main menu have 1920x1080 support rather than the obsolete 800x600 one from 2005.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: New Monitor/Computer Help

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

For some reason the menu is hardcoded at a 4:3 resolution. No one here has been able to figure out why sometimes it stretches that resolution to fullscreen and gets all fuzzy, and sometimes it just adds black bars to the edges of your screen so that it's not stretched and fuzzy. No one's really bothered to figure that part out, since like you said, when you actually get in and play the game, it's fine.

What version of the game are you running? Disc? Steam? GOG? Do you know if you've updated to v1.1?
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RedHardcore »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:For some reason the menu is hardcoded at a 4:3 resolution. No one here has been able to figure out why sometimes it stretches that resolution to fullscreen and gets all fuzzy, and sometimes it just adds black bars to the edges of your screen so that it's not stretched and fuzzy. No one's really bothered to figure that part out, since like you said, when you actually get in and play the game, it's fine.

What version of the game are you running? Disc? Steam? GOG? Do you know if you've updated to v1.1?
I originally had the disc version, but now I have the GOG version. I still have the disk, but the case is missing, meaning I can't activate the disk version. My old laptop had the black bars which looked a lot better than this. Is there a way to have the black bars rather than this stretched fuzzyness.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

You could try using launch options -resolution 800 600

It should set the menu to to that but the ingame resolution is whatever is saved in the game's video options.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

RedHardcore wrote:Is there a way to have the black bars rather than this stretched fuzzyness.
Like I said, no one's really sure why it happens. If we can nail down the differences between your new system and your old system, we might be able to figure it out, though.

On your laptop, were you running SWBF2 v1.0 or v1.1? If v1.1, do you know if you were using the international patch or the domestic patch?
What version does GOG install?
What was your video card in your laptop, if you had one? What is your card now?
What was your old screen resolution?
Is your desktop background set to Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Center, or Span? (This one probably has no relevance, but would be interesting to find out...)

The more we know, the better.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

had the same "problem". But i'm absolutely fine with the "Fullscreen" menu.

i used my old notebook with the same 1920x1080 Monitor. So it's nothing about the monitor. My new PC has and gtx970. The background settings i never changed. So the notebook and desktop should have the same.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Like I said, no one's really sure why it happens.
I'm fairly certain there's a setting for it in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Been a while since I last looked for it though, so I could be wrong, of cause
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

You couldn't have shared this info in the two other threads we've had on this topic? One of them from Anakin here? :P I did try to search here to see if anyone had figured it out.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

We're not good people at Frayed Wires. Image