The Sith Wars II (New Trailer 7/12)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: The Sith Wars II (UPDATE 6/16)

Post by Kingpin »

Update 6/16:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hey everyone!

I would like to start off by saying thanks to everyone who alpha tested for me. I've been looking at what the testers have said and have made significant changes to gameplay, making a much more balanced and entertaining mod. Here's what has been changed:
-The first 4 units of the Brotherhood of Sith no longer have force sprint. They may only do one force jump before landing.
-The first 4 brotherhood units have also received additional health.
-Force Barrage and the Sith Empire pistol have been nerfed.
-The flamethrower and force plague both now do additional impact damage and burning damage.
-Heroes will have 1 unique force power each; in addition, each faction will have 2 random playable heroes.
-The opposing team will have their hero AI controlled.
These changes are intended to fix the main issue of alpha gameplay: the Brotherhood had such good mobility, they could capture and hold 4 of the 6 CPs, while their units themselves were weak and vulnerable. This lead to a constant outcome that the player could not change from either team. After these changes, it feels that both teams can win and are both balanced.

Not only have I been working on balancing and gameplay from the Alpha, but I have also been working on the custom maps. First off, on the Sullust map, I decided that making the terrain in Zero Editor wasn't looking as good as I had hoped. Instead, I started modeling the terrain itself, and so far, I am happy with the way it is shaping up. Although it is taking longer, it will pay off in the end.
Again, this is a very early work in progress, as is the following map, which I would like to show off. The image below is a VERY early representation of a lighting test for the upcoming map, Malachor V: Core. Many of you mat recognize this world from Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. This image, again, is only a lighting test for the centerpiece of the map.
Also, some post-alpha action shots :0
------
Update 7/6
Hey everyone!
I know updates have been less and less frequent, but I have been working on lots of new things to show. First off, many of you have seen the image of the new Darth Vader. You probably guessed it, Sith Legends will be returning to Sith Wars II, being bigger and badder than the last one.
Hidden/Spoiler:
While I don't want to reveal the full lineup, I will say that many new Sith that have been requested over the past 2 years will be added, as well as returning favorites with new updates. In addition to new units, Sith Legends has a new take on Battlefront. Using razac920's Free For All source, Sith Legends will no longer play in random teams of units. Instead, you can chose between any of the Sith and you will have to eliminate everyone else. No teammates. No help. Only one ultimate Sith badass.
Hidden/Spoiler:
As well as Sith Legends. the Jedi Order team has been completed (for a while now, actually). In the next few days, I'll be posting a full lineup of all the units, including force powers and weapons.
Hidden/Spoiler:
However, with good news, there is bad news. I know that the release date has been pushed back a lot, and it will probably continue to do so. However, I will do everything I can to get it released before the summer is over. To do this, I have decided to put a halt on the custom maps. Don't panic yet! I have all the intention to finish these maps, including Sullust: Outpost and Malachor V: Core, but I just need more time. I would rather wait and release them complete, polished, and fun than try and rush to get them out with Sith Wars II. However, when these maps are completed, they will have full era support for Sith Wars II, and will be fully compatible. That way, these maps will also be able to be played on with your other favorite mods, such as Mav's Dark Times 2. Korriban: Temple will be released with Sith Wars II, as well as the new Sith Legends mode.
-Mag/Kp
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: The Sith Wars II (UPDATE 7/6)

Post by Anakin »

can't wait to see this new map
Troha
Private Recruit

Post by Troha »

Keep it up Mag!
atm101010
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 JKA EAW
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by atm101010 »

Is this mod based the New Sith Wars?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Re: The Sith Wars II (UPDATE 7/11)

Post by Kingpin »

What's up everyone! As promised, I am here with the Jedi Order lineup. The team mainly focuses on close quarters saber combat but has a few ranged abilities. Let's take a look!
-------------------------------------
Jedi Knight
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsaber

Jedi Healer
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsaber
-Force Heal

Jedi Sage
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsaber

Jedi Infantry
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Blaster Rifle
-Health + Ammo x2
-Thermal Detonators x2

Unlockables-
Jedi Defender:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsaber
-Saber Throw

Jedi Sentinel
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsaber
-Force Wave

Jedi Master
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Lightsabers
-Force Orb
-Force Vortex

That's it! I plan on releasing info on the heroes soon, as well as a full Sith Legends roster. Let me know what you think!
-Mag/Kp

EDIT: Here is the new trailer for Sith Legends!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7G6lD9BgJ8
Last edited by Kingpin on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: The Sith Wars II (New Trailer 7/12)

Post by AQT »

Just want to say I've been following your project for a while now from the shadows (here and on Mod DB), and I got to say this overall idea/concept is a very interesting one, and everything is looking great so far. Keep up the good work, Kingpin! :thumbs:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

AQT wrote:Just want to say I've been following your project for a while now from the shadows (here and on Mod DB), and I got to say this overall idea/concept is a very interesting one, and everything is looking great so far. Keep up the good work, Kingpin! :thumbs:
Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback! Hopefully it'll be ready for release in a few days.
tacticaldoorkickers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by tacticaldoorkickers »

Uh, a couple issues occuring for me.

I have no Sith Legends era. I do, although, very much do have patch 1.3 installed. Everything else works quite fine. There's also an issue with the mandolorian duel pistols. They have no sound, and when I tried to switch his weapon to see his secondary, it crashed. I had to reset my laptop because of it.

I do, however, love the work. The Korriban map also has a slight issue with people spawning below the bridge extension separating the temple from the far eastern command post. They run into a wall, and can't seem to find a way up.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

tacticaldoorkickers wrote:Uh, a couple issues occuring for me.

I have no Sith Legends era. I do, although, very much do have patch 1.3 installed. Everything else works quite fine. There's also an issue with the mandolorian duel pistols. They have no sound, and when I tried to switch his weapon to see his secondary, it crashed. I had to reset my laptop because of it.

I do, however, love the work. The Korriban map also has a slight issue with people spawning below the bridge extension separating the temple from the far eastern command post. They run into a wall, and can't seem to find a way up.
Huh, I haven't heard of the pistol crash bug. Please report it in the link below with the map name too. Also, Sith Legends is a new mode, only on Coruscant, Mustafar, and Naboo.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-wars ... ard/glitch
EDIT: Could an admin lock this thread? Cheers