SWGB: Expanding Fronts - Seeking Modelers/Animators

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

GenRhysDallows
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: SWGB - Expanding Fronts
Games I'm Playing :: SWGB
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

SWGB: Expanding Fronts - Seeking Modelers/Animators

Post by GenRhysDallows »

Hello, everybody. I am currently in the process of developing a large-scale expansion for the 2001 LucasArts RTS game Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, called 'Expanding Fronts.' Our project aims to add a massive amount of new content to the game; new units, buildings, technologies, maps, and even entirely new playable races. However, we've been struggling with a pretty big hiccup for quite some time, and that is a lack of individuals skilled with modeling/animation. We've got a pretty extensive 'wanted' list of new infantry, heroes, animals, and vehicles to add, but we're stuck spinning our tires without anybody capable of creating them. Sadly most over places I've asked haven't turned up many results, and I'm hoping somebody here might like to lend their talents.

Included below are some screenshots of our current work:
Hidden/Spoiler:
New Imperial vehicles and environmental props

A convoy of Trade Federation tanks

Imperial forces storm a fortified beach

Naboo security hold a slim defense against Federation droidekas

Republic and Confederacy forces clash on Felucia

The heavily fortified surface of the Death Star

Start your engines

A lone Knight faces insurmountable odds

The architecture of our newest playable civilization, the Zann Consortium
If you're interested in trying out Expanding Fronts, you can acquire the latest public build here. Also, be sure to acquire this hotfix. SWGB itself can be acquired through Steam or GOG. If you're interested in helping us out, please get in touch. You can leave a post here, or contact us on ModDB.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: SWGB: Expanding Fronts - Seeking Modelers/Animators

Post by Teancum »

So wait, all of that stuff is modeled? I always thought those were just a bunch of sprites.

Got a link to where we can find tools, your team, etc?
GenRhysDallows
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: SWGB - Expanding Fronts
Games I'm Playing :: SWGB

Re: SWGB: Expanding Fronts - Seeking Modelers/Animators

Post by GenRhysDallows »

They are models, yes, but are rendered as 2D sprites. No actual 3D data is stored within the game. As far as tools go, we can handle all the technical stuff on our end. We'd just need somebody capable of actually animating and rendering models as a series of 2D images. Any 3D program capable of orthographic projection should be able to do it.

Our host page on HeavenGames can be found here.