Can we contact Rends?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Can we contact Rends?

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I want to ask the user Rends a question but that user didn't allow PM and their posted website is dead. If you see this can you reply Rends? Thanks. :P
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Post by giftheck »

Rends came on last month so he still comes on every once in a while.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I messages him that his area was lost and he could reupload but he never contacted me. I wonder if any gametoast current staff should like to run a file area on gt or another non forum area for gametoasters? Just a thought
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

guru wrote:... I wonder if any gametoast current staff should like to run a file area on gt or another non forum area for gametoasters? Just a thought
I might be up for it, lay out your plan man! :)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I have cleared a lot of web space so I was thinking if there was
A need for anything swbf or modding or gametoast related we
Could add to the site or Just maybe setup access for
The ability to upload files onto a mod/map area of gt? Or best
Of mods or mod of the day ?!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

guru wrote:I have cleared a lot of web space so I was thinking if there was
A need for anything swbf or modding or gametoast related we
Could add to the site or Just maybe setup access for
The ability to upload files onto a mod/map area of gt? Or best
Of mods or mod of the day ?!
I don't think that mod of the day would be a good idea. But i like the idea of the best of mods/maps. We could use Jaspo's list to make a complete list of all mods/maps that were ever released and than vote for the best 10, 20, 30,... I don't know how many space you have. and put them all together on the site.
Later on someone could make a installer that can download the mods/maps from here into the right directory. So you choose the mods/maps you like from the installer and it downloads all needed files and put them where they go to.
With an authentication we could maybe (i don't know much about it) allow everyone (from every country) to download the files via this tool.

But just an idea.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Yay! After 12 years there might be some use for the Map Manager!

We used to host mods. Can that portion of the site just be resumed?
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Yay! After 12 years there might be some use for the Map Manager!

We used to host mods. Can that portion of the site just be resumed?
I think it would be ideal to do this. GT is the only site that still has enough resources and interest to really be able to host this kind of thing consistently. If sever space is an issue, hosting pages with screenshots and links to, say, uploads on multiple external sites (MediaFire, GameFront, etc.) would still be an improvement from the system SWBFFiles' death has pretty much left us with.

Something like Rends' old site wouldn't be a huge stretch format-wise -- a couple screenshots, some stats (mission count would be useful) a description or review, and download links. Maybe links to official WIP topics and release topics if applicable, mostly for newer mods.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

The thing is I won't have time to update content incould only setup a
File manager system or similar access and let
Someone run the feature area. It would be for someone who has the time and wants to make the maps and mods continue to thrive
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Sorry but i don't have the time and experience for doing that. But i'm sure there will be someone who can and wants to do that. But maybe you should ask in the Feedback or General thread for that. Not sure if there are so many reading the "Can we contact Rends?" post.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

guru wrote:The thing is I won't have time to update content incould only setup a
File manager system...
Are you still using Joomla as your CMS?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

We could do that or any free php script that manages files and such I'll look for a god system if we have enough real interest from someone who has time to manage it
Rends
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Rends »

Hi guys, right, i'm still lurking in here from time to time. Wonder why someone can't contact me via PM?
I also get mails here and there and if i can help or someone is asking for permission to use some of my stuff i still reply.
Cheers,
Rends
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Rends wrote:Hi guys, right, i'm still lurking in here from time to time. Wonder why someone can't contact me via PM?
I also get mails here and there and if i can help or someone is asking for permission to use some of my stuff i still reply.
Cheers,
Rends
I wanted to ask you if I could borrow your map assets so I can import your awesome maps to the PSP version of SWBF2. I know you released some assets but they were just objects. I need also the "world1" folders (level design & layout files)
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

Since beeing a long time i've modded for SWBF i need to know which map and i will check my backup dvd's if i still have the files.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Rends wrote:Since beeing a long time i've modded for SWBF i need to know which map and i will check my backup dvd's if i still have the files.
All of your maps are awesome! If you've got all assets I am open to work on getting them all imported. 8)

Personally I live Mos Eisley Spaceport the most, but again all of them are awesome.
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

Ok, i will do my best but need some time.
Rends
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote:I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.
Couldn't you just load the .lvl in a new LUA you munge and change the names of the desired vehicle to match the vehicle that currently spawns?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Kingpin wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.
Couldn't you just load the .lvl in a new LUA you munge and change the names of the desired vehicle to match the vehicle that currently spawns?
That would disallow me from using that slot for something else (I want to use both the MAF and Droid Gunship in my mod for different maps, and in the SWBF1 map, the MAF loads there - if I put the Droid Gunship in that slot, I would either lose the ability to load the MAF on certain maps, or would have to remunge new levels to load the MAF from a new ODF). Also, I would like to try something out with that map - making it the first SWBF map to attempt seamless ground-to-space, which I need the map source for.