Commander Awesome's asset release thread

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Commander Awesome's asset release thread

Post by commanderawesome »

Here you'll find all the skins, kitbases and other stuff I make and release. Expect fairly regular updates.

Firstly, there's the TFU troopers converted by Ggctuk and Deviss which I helped with the textures and gloss of: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32221

And here's some skins and kitbases I made:

Rebel Alliance Kitbash/Skin Pack 1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0234d ... Pack_1.zip

Includes:
  • Bothan Rebel Soldier
  • Rodian Rebel Soldier
  • Duros Rebel Soldier
  • Aqualish Rebel Soldier
  • Human Female Rebel Fleet Trooper
  • Rebel Honor Guards
  • New Republic Troopers (2 variants for both male and female humans)
  • A skin based on the "Rebel Friend" from Lego Star Wars.
  • Skins based on the Red Team and Blue Team versions of the Rebel model in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.
Screens:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Credits:

Code: Select all

*Raven Software - Rodian Head, some inspiration.
*Hirman - Duros Head
*Unknown - Aqualish head (If someone knows who made it please tell me so I can properly credit them.)
*Me - Rebel skins and kitbashes
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Commander Awesome's asset release thread

Post by Anakin »

great :D thank you
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Good stuff! I'll have to keep an eye on what you do next!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

I love that rodian kitbash, thanks!
Beta99
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Men of War
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Beta99 »

Awsome work man, you and the others are doing great things, really! May I port them to Men of War: Assault Squad, and then maybe publish them? I will take notes of the credit list obviusly.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Beta99 wrote:Awsome work man, you and the others are doing great things, really! May I port them to Men of War: Assault Squad, and then maybe publish them? I will take notes of the credit list obviusly.
Sure! Just be careful, I dunno how Disney feels about using SWBF2 models in a Non-Star Wars game.
Beta99
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Beta99 »

commanderawesome wrote:
Beta99 wrote:Awsome work man, you and the others are doing great things, really! May I port them to Men of War: Assault Squad, and then maybe publish them? I will take notes of the credit list obviusly.
Sure! Just be careful, I dunno how Disney feels about using SWBF2 models in a Non-Star Wars game.
Oh,don't worry, for now it's a private mod, but there is already a much more famous mod with so much ripped models or fan created models, it's called "Galaxy at War" you can find it on Mod.db; I personally don't like their attitude towards the crediting system, for example I realized some weeks ago that the AT-OT "made by them" is actually Force Master's one, posted here. But it's a famous mod, and people don't care, so I just get insulted if I complain.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I really like the Honor Guard rebel skins. Would you consider making them for engineers, vanguards and Bothans?
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Beta99 wrote: Oh,don't worry, for now it's a private mod, but there is already a much more famous mod with so much ripped models or fan created models, it's called "Galaxy at War" you can find it on Mod.db; I personally don't like their attitude towards the crediting system, for example I realized some weeks ago that the AT-OT "made by them" is actually Force Master's one, posted here. But it's a famous mod, and people don't care, so I just get insulted if I complain.
I know this mod because it's developped by a french team, but are you sure it's Force master AT-OT?? I really dislike their attitude too.... :x

I'm french so maybe I'll have more chance than you if I start speaking about that with them....Who knows?
But I have to be 100% sure that it's the one of Force Master....

--- EDIT:
Yes, I just checked it's Force Master one you're right.

But finnaly I think (and I hope) they will give credit to FM in the next release.... I can't find a proper credit list...Where did you see they have taken credit for this?
Beta99
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Beta99 »

CdtFox wrote:
Beta99 wrote: Oh,don't worry, for now it's a private mod, but there is already a much more famous mod with so much ripped models or fan created models, it's called "Galaxy at War" you can find it on Mod.db; I personally don't like their attitude towards the crediting system, for example I realized some weeks ago that the AT-OT "made by them" is actually Force Master's one, posted here. But it's a famous mod, and people don't care, so I just get insulted if I complain.
I know this mod because it's developped by a french team, but are you sure it's Force master AT-OT?? I really dislike their attitude too.... :x

I'm french so maybe I'll have more chance than you if I start speaking about that with them....Who knows?

--- EDIT:

But finnaly I think (and I hope) they will give credit to FM in the next release.... I can't find a proper credit list...Where did you see they have taken credit for this?
The leader of the team is french, but the rest of the team is in major part american/english, so I wrote my complain on the main page in english language;
my comment (like every comment about models taken from other mods/modellers) got immediately deleted and Juju44330 (the leader) wrote me a p.m. saying that "If I want to destroy their mod, I should leave Mod.db and he'll let people insult me without stopping them". I answered that he should credit ForceMaster, but if you check the main page's summary you'll see only SW games credited for models, not other modders or modellers; here's an image I took comparing the 2 models http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mem ... 2000/t.jpg
Some days ago they posted on the main page a section called "Wall of shame" where my name was posted, saying that I stealed from them in the past and that I'm telling lies about models and that I make childish accusations etc... I asked the moderators to remove that section, and they did it. Back in December I was doing a big skinpack using their ported models, I had their permission, but ,after we found other already exported models online, and started editing them, he stated that we were thieves etc... and so the skinpack got deleted. If you want to complain abou the models, don't do that on their page, they'll just ignore you and delete your comments, there's no way of complaining apart from writing to Mod.db's moderators. This mod was deleted many times in the past, and Juju44330 already used to publish mods with stolen content for the original MOW games. So yeah, I suggest everyone of you guys, publishing models here keeps an eye on them., sorry for the long message.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Wow, that's a really sad situation. I've been watching some YouTube videos of the mod and I've recognized some models. I originally thought that the author (or the team, whatever) had all the permissions, but it looks like he has not. And even if he is not asking anyone for permission, I think credits should be there, at the very least.

That's too bad because things like that prevent me, and maybe others, to share content.

Ps: I know we are getting off topic, I apologize, but I don't like this behavior.
Last edited by Delta-1035 on Sun May 15, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Delta-1035 wrote:Wow, that's a really sad situation. I been watching some YouTube videos of the mod and I've recognized some models. I originally thought that the author (or the team, whatever) had all the permissions, but it looks like he has not. And even if he is not asking anyone for permission, I think credits should be there, at the very least.

That's too bad because things like that prevent me, and maybe others, to share content.

Ps: I know we are getting off topic, I apologize, but I don't like this behavior.
Neither do I. They shouldn't try to pass it off as their work.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Off topic:

Would it be worth the effort to report them to LucasArts/Disney? It would be funny to see them get shut down by the highest authority. :funny2:
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Beta99"][quote="CdtFox"][quote="Beta99"]
Oh,don't worry, for now it's a private mod, but there is already a much more famous mod with so much ripped models or fan created models, it's called "Galaxy at War" you can find it on Mod.db; I personally don't like their attitude towards the crediting system, for example I realized some weeks ago that the AT-OT "made by them" is actually Force Master's one, posted here. But it's a famous mod, and people don't care, so I just get insulted if I complain.[/quote]

--- EDIT:

But finnaly I think (and I hope) they will give credit to FM in the next release.... I can't find a proper credit list...Where did you see they have taken credit for this?[/quote]

The leader of the team is french, but the rest of the team is in major part american/english, so I wrote my complain on the main page in english language;
my comment (like every comment about models taken from other mods/modellers) got immediately deleted and Juju44330 (the leader) wrote me a p.m. saying that "If I want to destroy their mod, I should leave Mod.db and he'll let people insult me without stopping them". I answered that he should credit ForceMaster, but if you check the main page's summary you'll see only SW games credited for models, not other modders or modellers; here's an image I took comparing the 2 models http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mem ... 2000/t.jpg
Some days ago they posted on the main page a section called "Wall of shame" where my name was posted, saying that I stealed from them in the past and that I'm telling lies about models and that I make childish accusations etc... I asked the moderators to remove that section, and they did it. Back in December I was doing a big skinpack using their ported models, I had their permission, but ,after we found other already exported models online, and started editing them, he stated that we were thieves etc... and so the skinpack got deleted. If you want to complain abou the models, don't do that on their page, they'll just ignore you and delete your comments, there's no way of complaining apart from writing to Mod.db's moderators. This mod was deleted many times in the past, and Juju44330 already used to publish mods with stolen content for the original MOW games. So yeah, I suggest everyone of you guys, publishing models here keeps an eye on them., sorry for the long message.[/quote]
Yes, I'll wait the next release for maybe an appropriate credit list....I wrote a french answer on the AT-OT image because one guy was ONLY asking if the model was fom republic heroes. I just wrote that was the work of a swbf 2 modeler....and one hour after the guy's question and my answer were deleted... :x

Sorry for the offtopic Commander awesome...:/

EDIT:
Off topic:

Would it be worth the effort to report them to LucasArts/Disney? It would be funny to see them get shut down by the highest authority. :funny2:
I don't think it's possible....but we are allowed to dream :roll:
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

In honor of American Independence Day, I made this patriotic yet kinda crappy skin. Enjoy!

Captain America
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9lh8 ... r_SWBF.zip

Skin entirely by me.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Fine addition to the PSP project!
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's a good skin still not as good as Boba spawning, flying up, shooting a rocket and killing the player then quickly returning to the ground to stroll away good.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Rebel Honor Guard (ANH-Style)
http://URL Shorteners are disallowed on Gametoast. Use direct links only./2aFvybu

Skin entirely by me. Kitbash by Tripider with visor added and remodeled by me.

I was originally planning to release this as part of a pack but the other skins I was planning to include were taking too long to make. I am not 100% satisfied with this yet (especially the pockets), but it's better than what we had previously.
Last edited by commanderawesome on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Cool! They are from the ceremonial scene from New Hope, right? Good work! :thumbs:
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Yep. And in EA SWBF, players can spawn as them when Leia's on the map.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

This looks really good! The only issue is that it appears the model is flipped - the gun holding hand is on the left instead of the right. Otherwise, nice work!