GameFront is Closing, move mods that are hosted there

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

GameFront is Closing, move mods that are hosted there

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, GameFront is closing in two weeks. After April 30th, you will no longer be able to download any files that were hosted on GameFront.
I know, I know, it's 2009 all over again when FileFront shut down. So most of you have already jumped ship.

But even if you haven't, some guys over at ModDB are working on preserving any and all files that were hosted on GameFront. If you have any mods on GameFront, or you know mods that are only available on GameFront but their owner has been inactive as of late, please submit them here: http://www.moddb.com/groups/moddb/news/ ... e-the-mods

I'm hoping that as many of them as possible are attributed to the proper creators, but I'm mainly hoping that some of these mods aren't lost forever.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: GameFront is Closing, move mods that are hosted there

Post by Delta-1035 »

I'm glad that it is going to be dumped since I can't download anything from there lol.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

A shame Gamefront is closing its doors permanently as a website. Maybe my Updated SWBF2 Map Archive can help you by showing you the Mods/Maps that are Gamefront only compared to those that are on alternative websites (MediaFire, Dropbox, ModDB, Strategy Informer etc.). Take a look at what I got so far if you like, it just may make the process easier so people are not frantically uploading multiple mods/maps that are hosted on another website: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RedHardcore »

Is there any way to contact the owner to possibly recover Star Wars Battlefront 2 filess that were deleted before the site shuts down?

Please stop unnecessarily quoting the entire original post when replying in a topic. -Staff
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

You could PM them
(though check the list before doing so to make sure the mod isn't already elsewhere)

But since we're on a very short time limit, and I know some of the creators are just plain inactive, I think it would be best to take a "forgiveness before permission" stance on this one. There is a way to transfer ownership of modDB mods if the rightful owner of the mod does come forward to claim it.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Agree with Twilight on this, save all we can before it goes down, then figure out the rest after that point.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

I could use some help uploading Jaspo's Mapp Collections. Appearently, Moddb has an 8GB upload limit and I was only able to upload the first 4 parts.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I think Jaspo's got his own maps covered. His giant link in the Released Maps forum is a mediafire link, not a gamefront link, so it doesn't need to be reuploaded.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:A shame Gamefront is closing its doors permanently as a website. Maybe my Updated SWBF2 Map Archive can help you by showing you the Mods/Maps that are Gamefront only compared to those that are on alternative websites (MediaFire, Dropbox, ModDB, Strategy Informer etc.). Take a look at what I got so far if you like, it just may make the process easier so people are not frantically uploading multiple mods/maps that are hosted on another website: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
I noticed this list only has mods/maps that are fully munged. Is there a list anywhere of assets and skins and such that were on GameFront/FileFront?
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I went through all the posts in the Assets Links Thread and downloaded any filefront/gamefront only hosted files that still have working links. I'll upload those files to Mediafire and fix the links later.

Test extract everything you download from gamefront, i'm seeing a corrupt archive here and there that you can simply redownload to get the working version.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

According to this thread:

http://forums.filefront.com/announcemen ... ost5790070

GameFront might have a second chance after all if this guy buys it. Otherwise, hello FilesNation!