Fake Console Addon V2

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Fake Console Addon V2

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is an update to the first one I made, which was a bit sloppy. I said an update would come earlier but I lost my source files and had to rebuild everything again, along with what's new. The mod adds a bunch more options to the Fake Console menu. You'll be needing 1.3 patch in order to use this. I personally recommend the latest version, being 1.3 r129.

The first mod was just an excessively long list of commands and scrolling through the menu was a hassle because most commands were only useful in certain maps.

In version 2 the main changes are that only the commands that are available to do something in a map are presented in that map. Example, in Death Star, you'll only see a small group of commands that can manipulate things in Death Star.
There will still be a good chunk of global commands that will appear in all maps/modes/mods. The map-specific commands will be listed under the global commands.
In version 2 I've implemented more "Ask User" functions that allow the user to input a value to manipulate something in the game. These are part of the global commands and can be used in stock maps or mod maps.

There a total of 5 new ask user functions, they are the first 5 listed under the main command section. One of the ask user functions is a primary weapon slot changer, but this doesn't work well. I kept it just because I thought it was cool. It allows you type the name of a weapon and it gets applied as all units as their current weapon. Game crashes a lot using this.

Screenshot:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Install/Uninstall:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]Take the file user_script_11.lvl from this download and place it inside of your game's main _lvl_pc folder.
How to uninstall:
Delete the user_script_11.lvl file from the game's main _lvl_pc folder.

What if I already have user_script_11.lvl in my _lvl_pc folder?
You have two choices:

1) remove that user_script_11.lvl and use mine

-- or --

2) Open my user_script_11.lvl in hex editor and at the very top look for the text string "user_script_11" and write a new number over it.
Save changes to the file, then rename the actual file to reflect what ever you named the inside data of the script.

Example, rename my user_script_11.lvl to user_script_15.lvl and then rename the actual header of the script to user_script_15 inside of the file using a hex editor.[/code]
Bugs/Credits:
Hidden/Spoiler:
1)[code]Do not work with skin changer mod
2)Several/various commands will can/will crash randomly based on what map you're on

Credits:
Razac920 - some of the scripting behind some commands
Zerted - 1.3 and fake console
Lucasarts - best game ever
Gametoast- modding tutorials[/code]
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k89i0 ... don+V2.zip

Current Source:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7yv9 ... Source.zip
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Fake Console Addon V2

Post by Anakin »

Wow that's great. What about sub menus?? that would make scrolling through this much easier.
So the first menu will display things like:

Unit's manipulation
- set health regeneration,
- set energy drain,
Mission manipulating
- set reinforcements,
- victory team 1,
environment manipulation
- manipulation to the map (in your example only for deathstar if playing on deathstar.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Isaac1138 »

Is there any way of having this and have the Skin-Changer at the same time.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Probably if CommanderAwesome and I combine our code. Not sure if he's into doing that, or which one of us would share.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Pretty sure he will share his code. Already got his source for finding an issue someone reported to me
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Anakin wrote:Pretty sure he will share his code. Already got his source for finding an issue someone reported to me
Well my source is currently on the OP. Anyone's welcomed to improve upon it.
ArtIsPaperView
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ArtIsPaperView »

This mod is awesome, I love playing fpv as Darth Vader and others. The only issue (at least the only one that's very large) is that, whenever the player is in first person as a hero and gets forced into 3rd person by being knocked down, blown up, etc., a bug is triggered in which the icon for the character's lightsaber shows on screen and the color of the lightsaber flashes wildly whenever the player swings his sword. The only way to fix it in match is to respawn, put heroes back in 3rd person view, respawn as a hero, then go back into 1st person view.

The bug also triggers whenever you play as a hero and already have the console set to have heroes be fpv
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

ArtIsPaperView wrote:This mod is awesome, I love playing fpv as Darth Vader and others. The only issue (at least the only one that's very large) is that, whenever the player is in first person as a hero and gets forced into 3rd person by being knocked down, blown up, etc., a bug is triggered in which the icon for the character's lightsaber shows on screen and the color of the lightsaber flashes wildly whenever the player swings his sword. The only way to fix it in match is to respawn, put heroes back in 3rd person view, respawn as a hero, then go back into 1st person view.

The bug also triggers whenever you play as a hero and already have the console set to have heroes be fpv
Sad to say this won't be fixed. Someone would have to make custom FPV animations.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
ArtIsPaperView wrote:This mod is awesome, I love playing fpv as Darth Vader and others. The only issue (at least the only one that's very large) is that, whenever the player is in first person as a hero and gets forced into 3rd person by being knocked down, blown up, etc., a bug is triggered in which the icon for the character's lightsaber shows on screen and the color of the lightsaber flashes wildly whenever the player swings his sword. The only way to fix it in match is to respawn, put heroes back in 3rd person view, respawn as a hero, then go back into 1st person view.

Sad to say this won't be fixed. Someone would have to make custom FPV animations.

Deos that say primary weapon? Can you set primary weapons?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

ARC1778 wrote:Deos that say primary weapon? Can you set primary weapons?
Yeah, there's a function where you can type in the technical weapon name and all classes get assigned that weapon. It is unstable and crashes the game a lot. The weapon also has to be currently loaded into the game's memory, no loading cis guns in the galactic era or the opposite.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
ARC1778 wrote:Deos that say primary weapon? Can you set primary weapons?
Yeah, there's a function where you can type in the technical weapon name and all classes get assigned that weapon. It is unstable and crashes the game a lot. The weapon also has to be currently loaded into the game's memory, no loading cis guns in the galactic era or the opposite.

That, could be very interesting.... ..Capture an objective, get better weapons for your side. O.o

Or just an ammo refile. O.o
Toranks
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront

Post by Toranks »

Reupload plz
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Will this work with ISM skin changer?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I have no idea and really don't care at this point, I have too many other things to work on.

Edit: Here is the source, someone/anyone can take it and make it compatible with other mods but please credit me.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wglb4afo ... e.zip/file