The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

booperdoo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Fallout power armor and era
Games I'm Playing :: Boop adventure
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by booperdoo »

It would be cool to see a ragdoll mod with joints and stuff.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

booperdoo wrote:It would be cool to see a ragdoll mod with joints and stuff.
I don't believe that's possible.
booperdoo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Fallout power armor and era
Games I'm Playing :: Boop adventure

Post by booperdoo »

DylanRocket wrote:
booperdoo wrote:It would be cool to see a ragdoll mod with joints and stuff.
I don't believe that's possible.

Couldn't someone just make some animation files and replace them with the "death pose" files or something like that? (I'm just now learning modding so I don't know all the file names :| ) i may try it out when I have time and learn the file names. :)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Struggling with ideas for my eighth class for my mod. I have the following class ideas:
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Soldier (Clone Trooper, Battle Droid, Storm Trooper, Rebel Soldier)
-Assault (Assault Trooper, Assault Droid, Demolition Trooper, Rebel Vanguard)
-Sniper (Clone Sharpshooter, Droid Assassin, Imperial Commando, Rebel Marksman)
-Engineer Pilot (Clone Pilot, Droid Pilot, Imperial Pilot, Rebel Pilot)
-Officer (Clone Commander, Tactical Droid, Imperial Officer, Rebel Officer)
-Brute (MEC Trooper, Super Battle Droid, Dark Trooper - was originally a Purge Trooper but I love the SWBFIII model, Wookie Warrior)
-Melee (Clone Assassin, IG MagnaGuard or Grapple Droid, Heavy Trooper, Rebel Rioteer)
-Hero Support (?, ?, Shock Trooper, Rebel Honor Guard)
-Hero
It's the Hero Support class I'm having trouble deciding on. As the idea came from SWBFEA, I want the Shock Trooper and Honor Guard as Hero Support types for the GCW but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what they should be for CW. I'm leaning towards a Droideka for CIS but moving the MagnaGuard from the Melee spot to this class is tempting even though it would effectively mean the CIS has two Melee classes I'm at a complete loss for the Republic, I don't want to just shove the Jet Trooper into that spot but I'm at a loss for ideas.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

In SWBF3 the Heroes for Republic would be Sky Troopers and in CIS Droidekas. So make it like this: R:Sky Troopers C:Droidekas R:Honor Guards E:Shock Troopers

Just dropping an idea.
rkalo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo Gungan Swamps

Post by rkalo »

has anybody attempted a LOTR mod? like fully customized models, weapons, maps, animations, sounds, the works? tbh it sounds like a sh1t ton of work but i can't be the first person to suggest this
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

rkalo wrote:has anybody attempted a LOTR mod? like fully customized models, weapons, maps, animations, sounds, the works? tbh it sounds like a sh1t ton of work but i can't be the first person to suggest this
You aren't, however it's pretty much been established it would be treading on the toes of EA if we did so given they commissioned Pandemic to create LOTR: Conquest.
rkalo
Private Recruit

Post by rkalo »

Wow thats really tough. But hypothetically whats the worst that can happen? ts not like EA supports either game anymore, i imagine the only thing they can do is try to stop the distribution of the mod tools by taking down the gamefront and moddb links
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

rkalo wrote:Wow thats really tough. But hypothetically whats the worst that can happen? ts not like EA supports either game anymore
I think EA is known to be quite touchy about their properties. Plus, the site rules have a "Leave It Be" policy when it comes to other properties. See here: viewtopic.php?t=22562
rkalo
Private Recruit

Post by rkalo »

ok thanks for the link. i was entertaining the idea of making the assets myself so i was never considering stealing from another artist
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_ ... :_Conquest

A game made by Pandemic. Plays like BF2.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Kingpin wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_ ... :_Conquest

That's debatable.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote:
Kingpin wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_ ... :_Conquest

That's debatable.
[b]Wikipedia[/b] wrote:The Lord of the Rings: Conquest is an action game developed by Pandemic Studios and published by Electronic Arts. It is derived from the The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, and borrows many gameplay mechanics from Pandemic's Star Wars: Battlefront games.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Factually, it's technically correct but having played it I can say it is not much like Battlefront at all.
rkalo
Private Recruit

Post by rkalo »

I've never played Conquest myself, and that was a conscious decision after seeing some gameplay videos and being totally let down
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Eh, some people didn't like it but it was far from a bad game. I enjoyed it mostly because it was pretty much battlefront with a lord of the rings skin. Unfortunately it didn't produce the money EA wanted and they shut pandemic down. What a waste, EA consumed pandemic and screwed them over. I bought the game for full price when I had my 360, it was actually pretty fun and I didn't regret it. Something you might hear is that pandemic didnt take advantage of the ps3/pc/xbos360 which is true. Maps were the small size of the ones from battlefront but with better graphics and lord of the rings theme. It was also a little unbalanced thanks to the scout unit. The scout unit could go invisible like the bothen spy, and he could essentially do an unblock-able back stab move to heroes, to the other team, heck even to the ride-able trolls and elephants . Everytime you would get on xbox live thats the class most would choose. The mage was also overpowered. He was like the droideka, he could use a shield and do a ground combo that would knock most people onto the ground and you would be followed up with the staff spam. Other than that it was pretty cool, it had the elf king from the movies narrate the story and you could play a what if scenario with sauron if he had the ring. Also there was a good side story mode and a evil side story mode.

What ign says is true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyObi9poNrU

But being a battlefront reskin its pretty darn fun and cheap now if you have a ps3 or 360. ;) I would recommend it if you love battlefront. Actually its got great co-op so if you have a friend or brother/sister you could do instant action and the story mode together to.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

rkalo wrote:I've never played Conquest myself, and that was a conscious decision after seeing some gameplay videos and being totally let down
I have had Lord of the Rings: Conquest for about five going on six years now. It definitely has the gameplay of Battlefront 1 & 2 and even a couple of the game modes resemble the game. For example, there is Capture the Ring which is exactly a 1 Flag CTF mode, Team Deathmatch which is exactly hunt mode and Conquest, well Conquest is the exact same as Battlefront Conquest as well. I really do suggest that you get the game.
rkalo
Private Recruit

Post by rkalo »

hmm, color me intrigued. I was still in my COD phase when conquest came out so it never looked good to me, but now i'll definitely have to give it a second chance. i wish it was on steam though

EDIT
I had the idea of making a Dexter Jettser hero and his only attack would be flailing his arms around crazy and damaging everybody in the radius
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:In SWBF3 the Heroes for Republic would be Sky Troopers and in CIS Droidekas. So make it like this: R:Sky Troopers C:Droidekas R:Honor Guards E:Shock Troopers

Just dropping an idea.
Seems like a decent idea. I'll look into it.

I'm struggling to find something to fill the role of Imperial Heavy Trooper too ATM. I don't want to use my new Sandtrooper model as that will be for desert planets and the Shock Trooper is obviously taken. I might repurpose one of the old Expanded Universe trooper variants then.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote: I'm struggling to find something to fill the role of Imperial Heavy Trooper too ATM. I don't want to use my new Sandtrooper model as that will be for desert planets and the Shock Trooper is obviously taken. I might repurpose one of the old Expanded Universe trooper variants then.
Some EU ideas might be the EVO Trooper, Dark Troopers, Riot Troopers, Shadowtroopers, or maybe this baddie: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Purge_trooper