LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post by giftheck »

So, as I hoped but did not expect (owing to the fact EA owns the Star Wars gaming license and TT is owned now by WB), there is going to be a LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, apparently coming out in June. Apparently it won't just feature Episode VII, though: it will feature content to bridge the gap between VI and VII (though it's not going to be 100% canon given the series' comedic style, you can bet your bottom dollar these stories will be bsed on canon ones)

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/ ... akens.html
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/lego- ... i-and-vii/
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post by Teancum »

I thought that might happen. I decompiled the game content from LEGO Avengers and found BB-8. I can't make him playable though as it's the first game that won't let you run it with the files extracted.

Great news, though. I love LEGO games!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Of note: given the current Lego trend for using dialogue, this will be the first Lego Star Wars game to have it.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Will it? I hear there's also going to be levels that showcase the time between RotJ and TFA. So they wouldn't have voiced dialogue for that.

It will, however, be the first LEGO game with a season pass. Which is both interesting and slightly disturbing.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Will it? I hear there's also going to be levels that showcase the time between RotJ and TFA. So they wouldn't have voiced dialogue for that.

It will, however, be the first LEGO game with a season pass. Which is both interesting and slightly disturbing.
The trailer used voice clips from the film (the same ones as the first teaser, mind).

They will probably just hire soundalikes for Han, Leia and Luke (just hopefully not the ones from the new Battlefront). They could easily get Anthony Daniels, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac back - after all, they all willingly reprised their roles in recent Star Wars games.

Where's the season pass hinted at? Is this an assumption or fact based on the fact EA is likely to have a say in the game? I haven't seen EA anywhere on the press conference. I know the exclusive DLC is coming to PlayStation systems (it did for LEGO Avengers, it seems) but that's hardly a Season Pass.

Also, I'm wondering if there will be any 'classic' characters to unlock. Lego Star Wars III had a selection of them like Boba Fett, Starkiller, Vader and the Emperor. It'd be funny to lay the beat down to Kylo as Vader.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

The last two major franchise LEGO games (Jurassic World, Avengers) have just used recycled lines from the films. That's probably what they'll do here.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:The last two major franchise LEGO games (Jurassic World, Avengers) have just used recycled lines from the films. That's probably what they'll do here.
LEGO Jurassic World re-recorded a few lines here and there (such as Billy having all his lines replaced), and the Jurassic World portion of the game used the same actors from the films but the deliveries of most of their lines was completely different, suggesting they were recorded specifically for the game.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

ggctuk wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Will it? I hear there's also going to be levels that showcase the time between RotJ and TFA. So they wouldn't have voiced dialogue for that.

Where's the season pass hinted at? Is this an assumption or fact based on the fact EA is likely to have a say in the game? I haven't seen EA anywhere on the press conference. I know the exclusive DLC is coming to PlayStation systems (it did for LEGO Avengers, it seems) but that's hardly a Season Pass.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Aw ... B01BCMBK1W

Check the box under the "exclusive Finn minifigure"

It's on the Xbox one, too, so it's more than just the exclusive Playstation stuff
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Aw ... B01BCMBJJU
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Oh man, this is neat! I remember playing all the old Lego Star Wars games and always felt sad that there would never be another one. So many good times. But now...IT'S BACK! I'm excited now.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Recent LEGO Games, as mentioned, use a mixture of old and new dialogue. I know some of the TFA actors recorded new dialogue for Disney Infinity so I'm sure they recorded some bits for these already while around.

I'm only surprised in one respect -- I was expecting some kind of 'LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga -- Remastered' instead, with TFA, given almost every character or vehicle has been re-designed in LEGO since 2007.

I don't know why everyone's confused by the Season Passes --- Lego Batman 3 featured four DLC content packs, from what I recall, each with new characters and levels, and I believe Avengers is getting similar treatment (I've not followed -- I'm behind on my console games due to college) I'm curious what they could add.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

BF2-Master wrote:I don't know why everyone's confused by the Season Passes --- Lego Batman 3 featured four DLC content packs, from what I recall, each with new characters and levels, and I believe Avengers is getting similar treatment (I've not followed -- I'm behind on my console games due to college) I'm curious what they could add.
Yep, Avengers has five packs -- each with a new level and 3-6 new characters, plus when you purchase the season pass (only $9.99 US) you also get three more exclusive characters. Not a bad deal.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Yeah $10 is a lot better than $50 or $60
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Some new information is out but the important bit:
Six missions will be what TT Fusion called "bridge content." Players will have access to these after finishing key points in the story's main plot line, though each of these bridge missions must be unlocked by collecting gold LEGO bricks. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens' side missions will explore,topics like how C-3PO got his red-arm, and how Han Solo and Chewbacca captured the rathtars that were onboard their freight ship.

"We tell the story through the sort of Lego viewpoint as well, so the crux of the story is what happens is true to the IP," game director Jamie Eden said. "Obviously we put gags in with characters holding sausages or riding around on pigs, et cetera."
The former story is already being covered in the new Disney Canon so it looks like they will actually be re-hashing parts of the new Canon, which is a nice change of pace from the previous games at least.