Defense of Ithor

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

asdfjkl
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Defense of Ithor

Post by asdfjkl »

So I don't know how to start this but here we go!

Disclaimer: I love Ithorians I mean they are my favorite species in Star Wars. With that out of the way, I've been working on a personal mod for the planet Ithor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP3cgZB-l5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzwhKhdJ35M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBLlTKopFRM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD646rEBukg

Above you can also see that i converted the CWA Ithorian for use as a unit. That was fun.
I am still working on balancing the sides so that it is fun. The Ithorian side is more balanced and more standard. The Slavers are a mishmash of characters (Pre Vizsla is a temporary unit) and is still being balanced and worked on. That being said, I am really concerned about the actual map. I have no idea how to make the planet actually look. It's very bland right now. Haven't found the right trees and I feel the green is too desaturated... It isn't lush enough. The planet Ithor was so fertile because the Ithorians lived above the planet in herdships so as not to disturb the planet's ecosystem. Anyway, any feedback would be cool.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Re: Defense of Ithor

Post by MissingTexture »

Seems interesting! But vary up the land a little more, and maybe add more cover!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

It's nice to see that character! But the map feels very stock, needs a new sky, new ground texture, etc.
asdfjkl
Private Third Class

Post by asdfjkl »

anthonybf2 wrote:It's nice to see that character! But the map feels very stock, needs a new sky, new ground texture, etc.
MissingTexture wrote:Seems interesting! But vary up the land a little more, and maybe add more cover!

Yes the map is still very basic. I haven't yet figured out what I want to make the map like. I want a darker more rich green but all of the terrain paint textures are desaturated greens :( Also I haven't found any models or assets that I'd like to really put in the map... I'm still working on the layout of the map.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Seems pretty interesting so far, I used to play the CWA game when I was in middle and high school. For the map you explain the ithorians lived up in ships to not disturb the planets ecosystem, maybe make some platforms and bridges in the air with two command posts. If the planet had some buildings here and there maybe use some of the assets from the map Muunilinst to get them.
asdfjkl
Private Third Class

Post by asdfjkl »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Seems pretty interesting so far, I used to play the CWA game when I was in middle and high school. For the map you explain the ithorians lived up in ships to not disturb the planets ecosystem, maybe make some platforms and bridges in the air with two command posts. If the planet had some buildings here and there maybe use some of the assets from the map Muunilinst to get them.
Thats a good idea!