Star Wars Battlefront III (360) leak

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III (360) leak

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Dice probaly has some version of the game. They were given the resources for all battlefront games to take a gander at. It wouldnt hurt to show that fans still have intrest In the free radical version still.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

To answer a few questions:

First of all , El_Fabricio , you said "I would love to see a Coruscant Version similair to the leaked Alpha Video I saw." just like another members said before me , the PSP Version (Elite Squadron) is pretty much identical to the one you see in the Alpha Trailer.
So it would be a dream come true to import that maybe add a couple of frigate fly around. Generally speaking , most of the PSP maps are the same as in BF3.

Teancum all those images shared by Corra_Assu are not his , he found them on the web and just shared them.
Most of them are from artist's portfolio's (you can find them on the web) or images that were leaked back in 2009 (the pc build for example) , so don't believe a word that his says unless he has some proof.
Only thing we know he has are some models , nothing more.

and finally Tinkierunaway , I'm such a huge fan , you've been around since forever man , anyway , yes I think DICE has said straightforward that they did have a build of Battlefront 3 in an old interview , problem is I'm still trying to find that article since then.

P.S. I need to learn how to tag people.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

DarthDio, your insight is good for this.

Rebellion seem to have altered the maps for Elite Squadron: for instance, Coruscant is essentially 'mirrored' in Elite Squadron, with both ends being identical to the other. The SWBFIII version has the square at one end of the map and a completely different area at the other, plus a few buildings that aren't in the PSP version (there's a canteen, for instance). Dantooine is similar in the norther half but the southern half is changed - there's a river running there, and a closed space where the Ion Cannon command post is. You can't go further than the hills. And Mustafar looks quite different too, though we haven't seen enough of it to be sure. I would say Tatooine was the closest map to SWBFIII.

I have a couple of questions regarding other maps. There was a Geonosis map. What was that like? And Hoth: so far, it has been pretty much the same in every installment with very few additions. Was that the case with Hoth here?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

ggctuk wrote:DarthDio, your insight is good for this.

Rebellion seem to have altered the maps for Elite Squadron: for instance, Coruscant is essentially 'mirrored' in Elite Squadron, with both ends being identical to the other. The SWBFIII version has the square at one end of the map and a completely different area at the other, plus a few buildings that aren't in the PSP version (there's a canteen, for instance). Dantooine is similar in the norther half but the southern half is changed - there's a river running there, and a closed space where the Ion Cannon command post is. You can't go further than the hills. And Mustafar looks quite different too, though we haven't seen enough of it to be sure. I would say Tatooine was the closest map to SWBFIII.

I have a couple of questions regarding other maps. There was a Geonosis map. What was that like? And Hoth: so far, it has been pretty much the same in every installment with very few additions. Was that the case with Hoth here?
Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3z6ez5-6hs
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

So... aside from a few cosmetic changes, Hoth's layout remains pretty much the same as it was in the first game. That's just lazy design.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

ggctuk wrote:So... aside from a few cosmetic changes, Hoth's layout remains pretty much the same as it was in the first game. That's just lazy design.
Actually, Hoth and Invisible Hand look to be the two best maps that were in it. They both have a cohesive design that I love. I agree that it borrows a lot of inspiration from the classic Battlefronts, but it's not a carbon copy to be sure.

Switching gears a bit, it really feels like the 360 build only sucks because it was an early 360-specific build. Taking time to look at models, maps, etc you can really see that it probably ran really well on the PC. It's all in a near-complete state, and on the 360 it seems like they were just tasked with getting it running by any means. It definitely feels unoptimized for this specific platform. AI is often turned off or dumbed down, textures get mipmapped like crazy, LODs drop, etc. It really feels like it didn't have far to go on PC.

One thing the footage doesn't show off very well it ground-to-space transitions (and vice versa). When it works it's incredible. But sometimes you die for no apparent reason.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Teancum wrote:Switching gears a bit, it really feels like the 360 build only sucks because it was an early 360-specific build. Taking time to look at models, maps, etc you can really see that it probably ran really well on the PC. It's all in a near-complete state, and on the 360 it seems like they were just tasked with getting it running by any means. It definitely feels unoptimized for this specific platform. AI is often turned off or dumbed down, textures get mipmapped like crazy, LODs drop, etc. It really feels like it didn't have far to go on PC.
Before Borman/PTOPOnline (rightfully) removed the SWBF3 videos for fear of copyright strikes on his channel he had some footage of a later build recorded by an anonymous dev. The game did look like it functioned a lot better and may have been running on PC, but I don't think (and both he and many other devs on the team say) that the game was anywhere near done. The comment that it was "98% done" is often claimed to be false by everyone else involved and that was one instance of a former producer(?)'s saber-rattling.
strog13
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 swbf1 eaw ja

Post by strog13 »

ggctuk wrote:Probably not going to make a blind bit of difference but you don't know unless you try. I started a petition for this to be officially finished and released to PSN, XBL and steam.

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-art ... sn-and-xbl
I distributed your petition in other social networks. I will help you with it.)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

strog13 wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Probably not going to make a blind bit of difference but you don't know unless you try. I started a petition for this to be officially finished and released to PSN, XBL and steam.

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-art ... sn-and-xbl
I distributed your petition in other social networks. I will help you with it.)

Actually, perhaps I was a bit harsh in saying Hoth was "lazy" in design. To be fair, I always felt the Hoth map in SWBF was one of the stronger maps in terms of design for its time. Invisible Hand... I will always be reminded of the "Invisible Hangarhand" map that never ever got released (by Bandu?). I'm surprised that nobody since has made an attempt at one.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Actually, perhaps I was a bit harsh in saying Hoth was "lazy" in design. To be fair, I always felt the Hoth map in SWBF was one of the stronger maps in terms of design for its time. Invisible Hand... I will always be reminded of the "Invisible Hangarhand" map that never ever got released (by Bandu?). I'm surprised that nobody since has made an attempt at one.
This has pretty much been one of my dream maps. The Invisible Hand was a really interesting location and it's also surprised me there's been no real attempts at it. Bandu's map was a tease -- I believe I tried to ask him about it before he disappeared and he said he'd only completed one hallway so it wasn't worth releasing.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

The guy that leaked the build ("Proto") is actually...Corra_Ashu!

(found out after some searching)
Last edited by Fusion on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for unintentional filter evasion.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

"Dantooine is similar in the norther half but the southern half is changed - there's a river running there..."

Yup , the crystal cave and cave hangar is pretty much exactly the same HOWEVER the Dantooine map (as a whole) is completely differnet in Battlefront 3, the design is different , the assets are different and the scale is much bigger and less linear.
You've probably watched some of the video footage from the Xbox Build. Dantooine , has caves , temples , a small village in the middle , farm houses , a town inside some walls with an actual catholic church being build (seriously), rivers , lakes , ponds , waterfalls , trees (the same from Kotor) , just has an immense amount of details.

If I ever play Battlefront 3 the first map that I'd play would be Dantooine , it looks beautiful.

-------------------

TheMastermindOfMaom , I'm gonna need some explanation to believe that :-P
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Someone said it on ModDB

best proof 2016
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'd appreciate that in the future if there's someone with a name that would be blocked by the word filter but isn't, you remove the offending part yourself. Thanks.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Sorry.

Also,you should add the word to the "Change word to Diet Dr.Pepper list".
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... e_radical/

Someone's got the menus working on a PC port.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... e_radical/

I don't know who to believe any more. Menus would be super easy to "recreate" on the PC, even in some sort of "in-engine" form that people could try.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Teancum wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... e_radical/

I don't know who to believe any more. Menus would be super easy to "recreate" on the PC, even in some sort of "in-engine" form that people could try.
According to the comments, it appears that the menu was recreated in Unity
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, that's about what I figured. And frankly it looked like little more than a pair of screenshots. Post those as textures inside Unity and boom, you've got a "menus only" SWBF3.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Internet makes me sad sometimes :cry: