Force Awakens in Theaters (all spoilers here!)

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: Force Awakens in Theaters (all spoilers here!)

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Just watched the movie and it was pretty cool although it was kinda similar to ANH. But as I said before,I think that was the point.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I greatly appreciated JB-007
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Does anybody know who Yolo Ziff is because this is probably the second worst canon name after Savage Oppress.
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Did Captain Phasma actually die in the movie? I've only watched it yesterday and I'm not sure. I remember that in the movie Han talked about dumping her in a trash compactor but I dunno, I'm confused. I think they could have used her character a little more, she reminds me a lot of Boba Fett.

Great movie either way. I loved the acting and really liked the new characters, specially Kylo Ren. I think Adam Driver does a great job in interpreting a guy with a tormented mind, kind of like in the way that Anakin should have been in the Prequels.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Isaac1138 »

If not said already, Han gets stabbed by his son in the Starkiller.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Isaac1138 wrote:If not said already, Han gets stabbed by his son in the Starkiller.
Oh gosh, wow, I totally missed that part of the movie.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

GAB wrote:Did Captain Phasma actually die in the movie? I've only watched it yesterday and I'm not sure. I remember that in the movie Han talked about dumping her in a trash compactor but I dunno, I'm confused. I think they could have used her character a little more, she reminds me a lot of Boba Fett.
The actress confirmed she's gonna be in VIII, so don't worry, she survived.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

ZoomV wrote:
Eggman wrote: All that said, I think she is a fascinating character, and I can't wait to see more of her - whether in Episode VIII/IX, an anthology film, an episode of Rebels...who knows. Considering that she is at least 1000 years old, there are so many possibilities. Did she help fugitive Jedi after Order 66? Did she ever meet Anakin Skywalker, or Obi-Wan, or Yoda? How long has she known Han Solo? And I have no doubt that we will find out how she acquired the lightsaber.[/hide]
I have a theory that Maz given her age and height, might be a female of Yoda's species.
Nope. Not even close. You had a female of Yoda's species in The Phantom Menace if you looked carefully: Yaddle on the Jedi Council.
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by FragMe! »

Loved the movie, now need more.

Here is my wild and crazy theory about Rey, I believe she is Han and Leia's child, why you ask?
Given how Han felt about the Falcon and how well she knew it and was able to fly it she must have inherited the scoundrel trait from Han.
Then there was the exchange between Rey and Leia, there was something there though nothing was really said. I think Leia knows but decide Rey isn't ready.

That being said the whole thing about her being drawn to Luke's lightsaber lends itself to the theory that she is related to Luke by more than just being his niece.

It also seems that having a child that is force sensitive never really works out for the fathers. Always seems to end up in a bad way.
The gasp in theater when Han got lightsabered was awesome, not that Han getting killed was awesome. Quite sad but think it was better than just retiring and waiting.

Last note, while the music was good there was nothing that stood out like in the original trilogy. All the various hero themes the Imperial March etc. Then from the prequals the Dual of Fates, droid themes clone themes.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Here is my wild and crazy theory about Rey, I believe she is Han and Leia's child...
Agreed, I got the feeling there was some kind of connection even if they didn't actually say anything about it.
The gasp in theater when Han got lightsabered was awesome, not that Han getting killed was awesome. Quite sad but think it was better than just retiring and waiting.
Agreed, and I actually thought Luke, Leia and Chewy wouldn't survive as a passing the torch kind of thing.
... while the music was good there was nothing that stood out like in the original trilogy.
Agreed, I was a little disappointed as I was leaving the theater because there was no catchy new music stuck in my head. All I could remember was the opening crawl music.

I also think Supreme Leader Snoke is the incarnation of Darth Plagueis because:
The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural
I look forward to seeing episode VIII. :D
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I think they said Snoke is very, very old. I don't think he is Plagueis, as it would mean the Sith would have survived, and they took great pains to explain that the Knights of Ren were not associated in any way with the Sith.

I personally think Rey is a Skywalker, though not Han and Leia's. They did the brother/sister plot in the original trilogy. I think she is Luke's child. It would make sense given her connection to Anakin's lightsaber.

I loved the music. Rey's theme is a great piece, classic John Williams.
Last edited by giftheck on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

I finally saw it, no complaints. My favorite scene was the initial TIE Fighter chase with the Millenium Falcon. And also the part where the stormtroopers on patrol heard kylo ren (forgive me if I misspelled it) going crazy and we're just like "nope" and turned around and walked away :wink:
I also liked all the little references to the old movies and scenes based on old ones.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Maveritchell wrote:
Isaac1138 wrote:If not said already, Han gets stabbed by his son in the Starkiller.
Oh gosh, wow, I totally missed that part of the movie.
+1
ggctuk wrote:I think they said Snoke is very, very old. I don't think he is Plagueis, as it would mean the Sith would have survived, and they took great pains to explain that the Knights of Ren were not associated in any way with the Sith.
I am assuming that the Knights of Ren is the group of other Jedi from Luke's camp who went rogue with Kylo Ren.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

ggctuk wrote:I think they said Snoke is very, very old. I don't think he is Plagueis, as it would mean the Sith would have survived, and they took great pains to explain that the Knights of Ren were not associated in any way with the Sith.
In Star Wars nothing is set in stone, force sensitives are allowed to become light, dark or neutral and switch between them as the story calls for it. I get the feeling this trilogy is more about the gray or having balance instead of the extreme light and dark side.
I went into this movie after only seeing the first trailer for it, I tried desperately to avoid any media regarding TFA and i'm glad I did.
I dig this speculation but all will be answered over the course of the next 2 films and I can't wait as it can only get better! :D
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

ggctuk wrote:I personally think Rey is a Skywalker, though not Han and Leia's. They did the brother/sister plot in the original trilogy. I think she is Luke's child. It would make sense given her connection to Anakin's lightsaber.
There's only one thing that bugs me with this theory. If Rey is Luke's daughter, then, who is her mother???
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

GAB wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I personally think Rey is a Skywalker, though not Han and Leia's. They did the brother/sister plot in the original trilogy. I think she is Luke's child. It would make sense given her connection to Anakin's lightsaber.
There's only one thing that bugs me with this theory. If Rey is Luke's daughter, then, who is her mother???
Isn't Luke with Mara Jade?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

That's not canon anymore, but if Rey is his daughter, I'm sure they'll provide a mother. Maybe even a Mara Jade-like character (since Kylo Ren is basically Jacen Solo).
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I found this: a article supporting the Plagueis theory through the soundtracks. It's actually pretty close. Check it out for yourself.
http://epicstream.com/videos/Heres-Proo ... h-Plagueis
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Nice find! :D
When I first saw Snoke's hologram in the movie my first thought was that he looks similar to concept images i've seen. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Just watched in 3D which was fun and worth wearing the glasses but although it was
Interesting to watch there were some things that made it , not the best Star Wars movie.

The new ren character in every way annoyed and seemed like the matrix game coder kid in mamas boy the movie which ruined any scene with that villain for me, same actor?
Either way the similarity was devistating

The new bb8 is an exact of the movie wall-e same sounds exactly and same personality... another bummer.

Next Rens voice is an exact from the rabbit in Donnie darko. If you have the seen the Donnie darko you already had to have noticed. Ren in mask is Donnies darkside ...another fail bigtime

Shallow conversations amongst every character , way too much action with care or purpose ...I literally never cared who died.

Han died and that's ok he had his run and paying 50 times what any other actor made isn't worth the 28 minutes of "I have a bad feeling" and the "woman can't fly ships" 1950s attitude. Bbyehan

The non Jedi fighting a trained Swordsman in any scene should have resulted in dead non Jedi that goes for both main characters who use the Luke saber. The storm trooper should have been killed easily by the melee weapon trooper and yes sorry the girl was going against a lifetime trained lightsaber user she would have been insta wiped. Luke blood or not.

Chewbacca. Rip. The old Chewie was tough and fearless this new version is emo and sucks, ruined the experience when Chewie is "cold" and talking up his battle wounds for attention from human ladies? Just ewww

The plot was dumb. With billions of plot lines possible why go with another Death Star another father son battle of whits another exploding planet lost that we don't care about another untrained kin of a Jedi thrown on a dusty planet to be "hidden" yet really just forgotten about.
It was ep4 redone. But crappy and super fast for today's a.d.d. Crowd.

Mostly it was better then the prequels but not good compared to ep4-6 at all.