Total Conversion - Battlefront Assault

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

sharp
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Total Conversion - Battlefront Assault

Post by sharp »

Hello Gametoast :)

First of all - You guys are awesome and I'd like to say thank you to all of you for your help - even with the simplest things.

I've been working a couple of months on it and finally I have a version which is close to fulfilment. All in all you can say, that it is a kind of Total Conversion for the whole game. It changes the appearance as well as the game-modes.

So, here are the most important changes:
- The game interface has changed. A completely new arrangement and design from the start page til the pause screen in-game.
- Space combat is bigger than everything you've ever seen. Dozens of ships and frigates right above the planet. With special thanks to Forcemaster, who has published some nice models, you are able to land in the most ships. The most cool thing: Every ship, frigates and destroyers even spacestations, are moving around! So it looks much more realistic and every ship fights against every other. --> Capitalships can be destroyed :thumbs: . In Addition to that I'm sure, that everyone loves the opening scene of Episode III, even if the prequels are not for everyone. Well, the turrets are as fast as in the films and don't shoot once or twice a minute with long lasers, they're short and more often than before (just like in: Battle over Coruscant).
- We all know, that there's Dice Star Wars Battlefront coming in November. And even if you don't like it, it would be interesting to test out the modes like Walker Aussault or Fighter Squadron without buying this game. The modes that have been revealed are in this Total Conversion and they work as well as in DIce's presentations.
- Star Wars Battlefront Extreme will be the only game option you can make, because the explosion etc.are lokking much better with this. So it's standard.
- Cockpit-Views for every single Ship.
- Maps like in the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront, with lots of environment stuff, huge hills and deserts.
- SpaceToGround Combat. Definetly a thing we've all been waiting for. It's a mode you have to select in Instant Action. While conquest will give you the normal maps, STG will give you the ability for EACH planet to live out your fantasies and get into huges planet battles which are - of course - uch bigger.
- Normal maps have been replaced. Everything is a bit bigger now and takes you to places you never imagined.
- One of my favorites -- FREEMODE. Another Gamemode where you just walk through the new designed maps. Especially for the SpaceToGround Maps it would be definetly amazing to explore the whole world and find hidden places.
-CHANGED CAMERAS. Like in the Battlefront 3 of FreeRadical the camera has been repositioned. The third person view is now different to the standard one. While you're running it does not stand still, it just moves up and down (just a bit to give the right feeling)

At the moment I've problems to upload Pictures (do not know why). So the next days I'll try to fix this and give you some screens.

You can believe me -- the whole thing looks just amazing and is incredible to play. Hope you guy's will like it.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Re: Total Conversion - Battlefront Assault

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Sounds cool, any screenies?
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Sandtrooper956 wrote:Sounds cool, any screenies?
sharp wrote:At the moment I've problems to upload Pictures (do not know why). So the next days I'll try to fix this and give you some screens.
Sounds very interesting so far. I like the new features and changes (I can possibly imagine out :P )

Here's how I upload and share any images:
1. Exporting the Screenshot files to jpg or any other image file type.
2. Uploading them here: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/
3. The link is in German but I don't know if languages change automatically or not. If not then:
4. Just press "Durchsuchen". It's the same like browsing through your files. Then press "Foto hochladen" (Upload Image).
5. Thats all. It will show you some links for forums or any others. Look for "Foto für Foren". That's all.

again I like your mod so far. :thumbs:
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I am interested in how the walker assault mode will be. I always use imgur.com to upload pics. Its in english and there is no membership required.
Fives
Private
Projects :: Maps+Mods [BETA] Tester
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+SWTOR and STO
xbox live or psn: not enabled

Post by Fives »

sounds great....can't wait for the release
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

This looks awesome! Just curious, does this ship with BFX units, the BFX mod, or do you require BFX for it to work?
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

So, you're basically bringing Dice's Battlefront to Battlefront II. This is nice, as I won't buy DICE's Battlefront hehe. And not only that, but you are also putting the game modes DICE's Battlefornt won't have and everyone wanted :thumbs:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

sharp wrote:At the moment I've problems to upload Pictures (do not know why). So the next days I'll try to fix this and give you some screens.
Is there a video or any screenshots yet? This sounds like a good idea but it would be nice to see what you have so far other than a very nice-sounding wall of text. :P
sharp
Private Third Class

Post by sharp »

Working on something to show you, I'm sorry for the complications but I'm also busy at the moment to I have a few things left to do first :(.

Thank you all for the feedback so far, even if there are no screenies or videos.

@Kingpin -- if the installation works as planned the normal troops of the normal era will be replaced with the bfx Units, effects and models, so you won't need to install bfx on your own. Still experimenting on making an installation as a mod and not as a total conversion, so that you can use evereything you have also installed so far (other mods)

@MileHighGuy -- WalkerAssault has some Bugs yet. I'm trying to create a PickUp System like Dice, so that you have to get a PickUp before you are able to fly (and that you automatically spawn in the vehicle). I'm working on it, at the moment you just have to go to a snowspeeder and startoff as usual

Thank you so far, Screenies and maybe a video are in work - but as I told, I'm pretty busy right know, so it could take a few days to upload
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

This project sounds very ambitious, looking forward to it :)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

sharp wrote: @MileHighGuy -- WalkerAssault has some Bugs yet. I'm trying to create a PickUp System like Dice, so that you have to get a PickUp before you are able to fly (and that you automatically spawn in the vehicle). I'm working on it, at the moment you just have to go to a snowspeeder and startoff as usual
You could always make a teleport region, with an effect to look like a power up. The teleporter can place the player on a certain platform, where the snowspeeders are, which is not accessible from the ground.
sharp
Private Third Class

Battlefront Assault - Update Menu

Post by sharp »

Sorry guys, tooks me a long time to recode and rearrange everything and it's still not ready for presentation because of all the bugs and the speed, working on it.

First impression of the menu so far, working on the "main menu" on the top of the site. Deleted everything that is not necessary for my modification (like settings etc.).

hope the link is working.

--edit:
also working on a kind of levolution, release is going to be one HUGE update, it's going to take me more time than i thougt. Screens will hopefully follow soon
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Threads merged.

Your original thread, which you posted over a month ago, was locked because it did not meet the requirements of the WIP rules with in the allotted time. Even with this update, you still haven't met those requirements.

Until then, instead of creating a new thread, feel free to PM a staff member to unlock this topic when you are really ready.