Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/25/15

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Oswald1928
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: DuckTales Remastered
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 5/1/15

Post by Oswald1928 »

Bail Organa would be cool for a Rebel hero.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

Oswald1928 wrote:Bail Organa would be cool for a Rebel hero.
Agreed.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

commanderawesome wrote:
Generalfacu wrote:1) After playing for more than five years this game, in different platforms, custom sides are the best.
2) NO REPLACING RAHM KOTA AT ALL!!!
3) And here is when I drop da bomb: :runaway: LEGENDS>Disney's canon :runaway:
I agree. And this is coming from someone who's starting to like Rebels.
Kota is pretty awesome as well.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I have to say, I love the screenshots and this actually looks like a great map. Cato Neomidia is a planet that really should have been covered more here imo - looking great! Did you make all the skins yourself?
Also I have a question for y'all: Since I'm not really feeling the Kota model or the Starkiller models, who would you like to see as a hero for the Rebel Alliance? this is supposed to be pre-A New Hope, so it cant be luke, han, chewie etc.
I like the idea of Bail Organa or keeping Kota. Both are interesting choices. I also like the idea of making a Rebels Ashoka. For the Empire is a little harder -- it would be interesting to see an officer like Tarkin or Veers, or a Rebels character like Agent Kallus or the Inquisitor, but those might be more difficult.

Who are the CW heroes? I'm assuming based on some other posts one is Ashoka? Given all the discussion of heroes, would there an Assault mode? I don't imagine it but figured I'd ask.

Sorry if these are dumb questions!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

JazzMaster, something really cool would be changing Rahm Kota´s face for his face when he is blind. Like, when he has bandages covering his eyes. Do you know what I mean?
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by JazzMaster »

Generalfacu wrote:JazzMaster, something really cool would be changing Rahm Kota´s face for his face when he is blind. Like, when he has bandages covering his eyes. Do you know what I mean?
I could possibly make his eyes resemble this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I want the hero for the rebel alliance to be a jedi of some sort so I'll most likely stick with Deviss's Kota I guess. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get Kota's cloth to work though. I would love to have a Rebel grown up Ahsoka but that would require a new model. The hero for the imperials is definitely staying as Vader.
BF2-Master wrote:I haven't read through the whole thread, but I have to say, I love the screenshots and this actually looks like a great map. Cato Neomidia is a planet that really should have been covered more here imo - looking great! Did you make all the skins yourself?

Who are the CW heroes? I'm assuming based on some other posts one is Ashoka? Given all the discussion of heroes, would there an Assault mode? I don't imagine it but figured I'd ask.

Sorry if these are dumb questions!
They're not dumb!!

Most of the skins are stock skins from the assets that have been edited heavily by me.

For the CW era the heroes are Ahsoka And General Grievous. I've never thought of adding a hero assault mode..
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

They're not dumb!!

Most of the skins are stock skins from the assets that have been edited heavily by me.

For the CW era the heroes are Ahsoka And General Grievous. I've never thought of adding a hero assault mode..
I thought so - I'm impressed by the skin and unit work for sure!

If you were to add a Hero Assault mode, it could be a place to compromise the requests for such varied heroes, although I'm not sure how well it'd work on a map that looks to be built for some great infantry battles. What other mods are there?
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

JazzMaster wrote:
Generalfacu wrote:JazzMaster, something really cool would be changing Rahm Kota´s face for his face when he is blind. Like, when he has bandages covering his eyes. Do you know what I mean?
I could possibly make his eyes resemble this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yes! A blind Rahm Kota in Cato Neimoidia is the most acurate thing :thumbs:

EDIT: You can't deny he was badass here, all covered in blood:
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Perhaps you could have random heroes, like dark times has.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

commanderawesome wrote:Perhaps you could have random heroes, like dark times has.
I never really cared for random units, I liked getting to play as what I wanted when I wanted. But they are okay.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Wow JazzMaster, I must say I knew this was going to be impressive when I first saw it but now I know it is going to be amazing since you have been putting so much effort into this map! The sides though is what I like most about the maps you and other great modders make since they always give me that dopamine high whenever I play as a new unit! Will you be editing anything else on this map you are working on because visually it looks really good and I have no complaints about it at all!
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 5/16/15

Post by JazzMaster »

Okay so here's a tiny update.

I wanted to add a Tie Advanced X1 as the unlockable vehicle for the Empire, but the one that was released her in the vehicle conversion pack assets had many problems. Thankfully, I was able to convert one from the assets that Corra_Ashu released of the canned Free Radical BF3. Only thing different is that I kitbashed it with the stock BF2 Tie fighter cockpit and Tie bomber wings since the original parts had too many polys.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I added this modified coruscant building, which is a much nicer command post that provides more cover than the medium sized mygeeto spiral building that was there. I opened up the windows a bit so you can defend the cp more efficiently from the inside.
You can Also see some better skins for various models like the rebel fleet style soldiers as well as better kama textures for the militia soldier and militia elite. The Militia elite (and the BX Commando) now have a set up similiar to the militia elite in the dark times. They will have a rifle, mortar launcher/bulldog and a melee weapon as primary weapons and a health buff as their secondary. The Clone rifleman model has changed to one of Icemember's Clone Marine models. Got the cape working for General Kota as well! although the capes collision is kind of funky.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Added Sereja's LAAT Gunship, which is much nicer than the stock gunship. :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
I will be adding a couple of hidden flyers that you will have to do some exploring to find, because why not?! This may be the only map I release for a long time so I want it to be somewhat special.
I will give y'all a peak at one of them.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Thank you Free Radical, Corra_Ashu, and Sereja :D
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

JazzMaster wrote:Okay so here's a tiny update.

I wanted to add a Tie Advanced X1 as the unlockable vehicle for the Empire, but the one that was released her in the vehicle conversion pack assets had many problems. Thankfully, I was able to convert one from the assets that Corra_Ashu released of the canned Free Radical BF3. Only thing different is that I kitbashed it with the stock BF2 Tie fighter cockpit and Tie bomber wings since the original parts had too many polys.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I added this modified coruscant building, which is a much nicer command post that provides more cover than the medium sized mygeeto spiral building that was there. I opened up the windows a bit so you can defend the cp more efficiently from the inside.
You can Also see some better skins for various models like the rebel fleet style soldiers as well as better kama textures for the militia soldier and militia elite. The Militia elite (and the BX Commando) now have a set up similiar to the militia elite in the dark times. They will have a rifle, mortar launcher/bulldog and a melee weapon as primary weapons and a health buff as their secondary. The Clone rifleman model has changed to one of Icemember's Clone Marine models. Got the cape working for General Kota as well! although the capes collision is kind of funky.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Added Sereja's LAAT Gunship, which is much nicer than the stock gunship. :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
I will be adding a couple of hidden flyers that you will have to do some exploring to find, because why not?! This may be the only map I release for a long time so I want it to be somewhat special.
I will give y'all a peak at one of them.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Thank you Free Radical, Corra_Ashu, and Sereja :D
My mother is yelling at me because we have to leave, and I can't because of how amazed I am. BEST SCREENSHOTS EVER!!! I am more excited with every second that passes :runaway:
Last edited by Generalfacu on Sun May 31, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Sereja's conversions are some of my favorite vehicles! I love the idea of hidden vehicles to, pure genius!
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I like it how you use this Coruscant Temple room. It really fits better to the overall looking of the map.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

JazzMaster wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Those Star Destroyers in the back... They don't seem as if you could take of from their sides. Where is the hangar loacted?

PD: By the way, what Star Destroyers are those?
FiWe
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by FiWe »

Great work mate! Love it!

The star destroyers look like a hybrid of victory2 and imperial star destroyer somehow?!

One thing l thought of while watching your screen is that the B-Wing wasnt developed during that time period before the battle of yavin.
I really love the model of the B-Wing but do you think it fits to this map?
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

Those are Victory 1-class Star Destroyers. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_ ... _Destroyer The model was made by Warb_Null and converted by me.
FiWe wrote: One thing l thought of while watching your screen is that the B-Wing wasnt developed during that time period before the battle of yavin.
I really love the model of the B-Wing but do you think it fits to this map?
Well.. in the old canon, yes. But judging from the trailer for Star Wars Rebels Season 2, it looks like there is going to be at least a prototype before the events of the old trilogy even take place. Which i'm fine with. But the b-wing in this map will be an easter egg you can find, its not going to be spawning in the hangars with all the other rebel vehicles.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

JazzMaster wrote:
Well.. in the old canon, yes. But judging from the trailer for Star Wars Rebels Season 2, it looks like there is going to be at least a prototype before the events of the old trilogy even take place. Which i'm fine with. But the b-wing in this map will be an easter egg you can find, its not going to be spawning in the hangars with all the other rebel vehicles.
Which doesn't make any sense, because we don't see B-Wings until Episode VI...great work Filoni :|
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Looks really great! Will this map look like The Force Unleashed one? Will you include Starkiller?